***The Official GRU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by BWA1991
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Are you In state or out of state?

  • In state

    Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Out of State

    Votes: 19 33.9%

  • Total voters
    56
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a little behind, but does anyone have advice for the section labelled "Other responsibilities and information"? I really have no idea what they'd be looking for....
From what I've been told: typically looking for non-traditional student information here - do you have any children? are you married and supporting a family? are you working a full-time job to provide for any dependents?

Hope that helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS and received my supplemental about a week ago. Hopefully submitting it today. GRU is one of my top choices since I did my Masters degree at UGA. Here's to hoping for an interview!!
 
For those who have interviewed, how late did the actual interview day go until? The email said to expect to be there all day, so I'm trying to decide if I need to reserve the hotel room for another night!
 
For those who have interviewed, how late did the actual interview day go until? The email said to expect to be there all day, so I'm trying to decide if I need to reserve the hotel room for another night!

It shouldn't be later than 5:00. The first year I interviewed I left around 4:45. This year I left closer to 3:30 if I recall correctly. It depends on what's happening in the clinic.
 
Interview invite for 11/13/15
App sent 10/1/15
Reviewed 10/19
Invitation 10/22

Non trad, GA resident, attending Biomedical Sciences MS program, GPA 3.3, DAT 20.

Anyone else going on the 13th?
 
Does anyone know what is acceptable attire for the "informal dinner" the night before the interview? And should you just go solo? Thanks!
 
Does anyone know what is acceptable attire for the "informal dinner" the night before the interview? And should you just go solo? Thanks!

It's not a dinner. It's just an informal meeting with students to talk. I'd say most guys wore polos or button down shirts with nice pants. Ladies wore nice pants or even nice dark color jeans with a top. Business casual. Nothin crazy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if anymore interview invites will be sent?

If they do like last year they will probably have one more interview date close to December. That being said though, there were some things that happened last year that affected interviews and they ran kind of late so I'm not really sure. If you want to know for sure I would give them a call.
 
Im curious..So they tell you at the interview to send an additional set of transcripts but do they ever follow up on that? im just curious if someone never sent an additional set of transcripts would you not get accepted?
 
I thin
Im curious..So they tell you at the interview to send an additional set of transcripts but do they ever follow up on that? im just curious if someone never sent an additional set of transcripts would you not get accepted?
I think your application is then considered incomplete if you don't send the transcript, which means they cannot make a decision to accept you...
 
It's hard to say for sure since the last few years haven't been really consistent. Last year it seems that they called the top of the list on December 1 then the rest were called throughout the month and it seems like they did something similar the year before as well. I think someone mentioned they were running a bit behind because of the whole AADSAS glitch this year so we might looking at a similar situation this time around.
 
It's hard to say for sure since the last few years haven't been really consistent. Last year it seems that they called the top of the list on December 1 then the rest were called throughout the month and it seems like they did something similar the year before as well. I think someone mentioned they were running a bit behind because of the whole AADSAS glitch this year so we might looking at a similar situation this time around.
By "top of the list", do you mean those with generally high GPAs + DAT scores?
 
By "top of the list", do you mean those with generally high GPAs + DAT scores?

Yeah. Someone mentioned last year that one of the students on the board said that they called "those with stellar GPA's and DAT's" on the first. I only mention that because a few people from last year got kind of worried that they didn't hear anything on the first and I figure it would help put our minds at ease if a lot of us don't hear anything exactly on the first this year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you should send your transcripts ASAP.
Mine took forever from my schools because they were off over the break, and I waited until after my second interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a call at 10:02! Super excited!!

Stats: Re-applicant (interviewed last year and got rejected), interviewed late October, non-traditional, non-stellar DAT and GPA.

Wish everyone the best...keep your head up and try again if you don't get in the first time.
 
Phone call this morning at 9:30! Accepted! OOS.
GPA- 3.91
sGPA- 3.95
DAT: AA-21 PAT-19 TS-22, no section below 17
 
11 people on the FB page. One of them was at my interview date ..AHHHH!!!! IM SO STRESSED!

It seems as though most people are UGA students with maybe one georgia southern and someone from NY
 
Last edited: