You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official GRU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by BWA1991
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does any body know if they have a spacific order they call?
Dr. Hanes mentioned that they have only made some decisions on applicants as of right now. I'm not convinced they called that many people today. Not really that specific, but I hope that helps!
Thanks any info is appreciated.Dr. Hanes mentioned that they have only made some decisions on applicants as of right now. I'm not convinced they called that many people today. Not really that specific, but I hope that helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank bud. I feel like I should just Netflix and Chill but then again I want my phone to just ring once....lolDr. Hanes mentioned that they have only made some decisions on applicants as of right now. I'm not convinced they called that many people today. Not really that specific, but I hope that helps!
I know.. It's a horrible feeling.Thank bud. I feel like I should just Netflix and Chill but then again I want my phone to just ring once....lol
6
609088
so if we dont get a call on dec 1, that means we are on the waiting list or got rejected right?
so if we dont get a call on dec 1, that means we are on the waiting list or got rejected right?
It's hard to say at this point. They accepted people for a few weeks into December last year and if what @BWA1991 said means what it sound's like it means they will probably accept people throughout the rest of the week at least.
YAYYY so happy for you!!! See you next year!!!Accepted. Phone call was at 8:38. I'm in shock.
I think like 90% of our class are UGA graduates....11 people on the FB page. One of them was at my interview date ..AHHHH!!!! IM SO STRESSED!
It seems as though most people are UGA students with maybe one georgia southern and someone from NY
Best wishes to everyone on this thread! I applied twice, rejected the first and waitlisted the second. I didn't get a call from Ms. Perry until April 2nd and I wasn't the last person to be called off the waitlist, so if you are given the option to be placed on it I say don't get discouraged and don't waste a second! They call a good amount of people from it and I remember for the 2013 cycle one of the girls I interviewed with did not get called until June. If anyone has any questions at all please let me know and again, GOOD LUCK!!!! 

So @lquibeuf do you know if only like 20 people got accepted yesterday?
I don't think it means you've been rejected if you didn't hear back yesterday. Apparently, they'll only be calling 40% of the class this week and then they'll notify the rest of the class at a later date. Last time I checked the facebook page was up to 15 members. Does anyone know if that's changed? Good luck!
No it hasn't changed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That I'm not sure, but the number sounds about right. They accept students for the initial class (ours is 90, 2 from the previous year and 88 first years) within the first two weeks or so of December and then the waitlists/rejections go out.So @lquibeuf do you know if only like 20 people got accepted yesterday?
I am sure not all phone calls were made yesterday - making 90 phone calls in one day? 
So best of luck to you all still waiting for good news!! Last year, I know some calls were not made until Dec 15-ish.
For those wondering, I interviewed Nov 20. Average DAT/GPA (21AA/19PA/3.4 oGPA/ 3.2 sciGPA).

So best of luck to you all still waiting for good news!! Last year, I know some calls were not made until Dec 15-ish.
For those wondering, I interviewed Nov 20. Average DAT/GPA (21AA/19PA/3.4 oGPA/ 3.2 sciGPA).
Did you get accepted?I am sure not all phone calls were made yesterday - making 90 phone calls in one day?
So best of luck to you all still waiting for good news!! Last year, I know some calls were not made until Dec 15-ish.
For those wondering, I interviewed Nov 20. Average DAT/GPA (21AA/19PA/3.4 oGPA/ 3.2 sciGPA).
6
609088
Did anyone receive a call yet??
Nope :sDid anyone receive a call yet??
Did you get accepted?
She did.
I think the admissions committee meets on Wednesdays, so they might not place any calls todayDid anyone receive a call yet??
6
609088
I think the admissions committee meets on Wednesdays, so they might not place any calls today
Thanks jmoney wizzle
I am starting to feel like ihave no chance in getting in. So to all the reapplicants that got accepted yesterday, did you guys go to grad school to improve ur gpa or retook the DAT? And congrats !!!
I retook the DAT. My GPA in undergrad was 3.7, so there was no need to go to grad school.
Do you have any section that is 17. If you don't mind me asking because i have the same stat as you do but I have a 17 in RC.I retook the DAT. My GPA in undergrad was 3.7, so there was no need to go to grad school.
Do you have any section that is 17. If you don't mind me asking because i have the same stat as you do but I have a 17 in RC.
I have a qr score of 17.
Hopefully i will get in. I have the same stats and i am a reaplicant.I have a qr score of 17.
6
609088
Anyone got in with 3.0
I couldn't wait any longer so i called dr hanes but someone else picked up the phone and she was giving me attitude. She said check ADDSAS but gru doesn't even use the website for decision notification. I am just so mad because we were supposed to bear from them by dec first. They had enough time to make decisions on applications.
Dude! I definitely would not call the school especially wouldn't tell them your name. They don't call everyone on the first day anyways. Just wait a little while.I couldn't wait any longer so i called dr hanes but someone else picked up the phone and she was giving me attitude. She said check ADDSAS but gru doesn't even use the website for decision notification. I am just so mad because we were supposed to bear from them by dec first. They had enough time to make decisions on applications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't wait any longer so i called dr hanes but someone else picked up the phone and she was giving me attitude. She said check ADDSAS but gru doesn't even use the website for decision notification. I am just so mad because we were supposed to bear from them by dec first. They had enough time to make decisions on applications.
I would just remain patient. They never guaranteed a decision by December 1st. That's just the earliest you can find out.
I know and I did not give them my name but all I am saying is that if they want to reject someone let them know from the begining why do they have to wait until mid december. Nobody knows whats going on. I am just going crazy. 🙁🙁
Why are you assuming you've been rejected? Look, I was in your shoes last year. In my case it was a rejection - but plenty of people that wasn't the case. Just be patient!
I guess I have to be patient. Thank you so much.Why are you assuming you've been rejected? Look, I was in your shoes last year. In my case it was a rejection - but plenty of people that wasn't the case. Just be patient!
I know we all feel like our lives are just going to end if we don't get in but God just has a better plan...always. One girl got kicked out from dental school a few years ago but got 2 masters and is now currently in Harvard's Dental program becuase god had a better plan. Lets all just keep positive attitudes, keep helping others and stay strong. In the end, we will all make it to dental school.
I got the acceptance call yesterday morning, and Mrs. Perry revealed that one of the offers said they were "not likely to accept". So that's encouraging.
I am starting to feel like ihave no chance in getting in. So to all the reapplicants that got accepted yesterday, did you guys go to grad school to improve ur gpa or retook the DAT? And congrats !!!
My GPA was a 3.7 as well. So they didn't suggest any more coursework. I had to retake the DAT and my scores were AA/20 TS/21 PA/22.
So they already call everyone?I got the acceptance call yesterday morning, and Mrs. Perry revealed that one of the offers said they were "not likely to accept". So that's encouraging.
So they already call everyone?
I can tell you from what Dr. Hanes told me that they haven't filled all the spots. Relax, lol.
No, I highly doubt that. Even if they did, not all of them are going to accept. Last year, I think they notified everyone with acceptance, rejection, or waiting list by mid-late December.So they already call everyone?
I can tell you from what Dr. Hanes told me that they haven't filled all the spots. Relax, lol.
Thanks for the info.No, I highly doubt that. Even if they did, not all of them are going to accept. Last year, I think they notified everyone with acceptance, rejection, or waiting list by mid-late December.
Thanks. You make me feel relaxed.I can tell you from what Dr. Hanes told me that they haven't filled all the spots. Relax, lol.
The Facebook group has stayed pretty consistent with around 15 members which makes me think they didn't call many more than that. I know that not everyone that applies to GRU are members of this forum but I would assume a fairly decent amount might be able to look on here or find the Facebook group by other means therefore I think its a fair to assume that the majority of those accepted yesterday are in the group already meaning that they have filled less than a third of the class. I think someone mentioned that they meet on Wednesdays to discuss candidates for admission (which is what I remember them doing last year) and assuming they only make choices on 15-30 students per meeting then they are probably going to call those accepted for at least two weeks. Someone also mentioned that they heard that only 40% of those accepted will be called this week which is pretty consistent with them calling between 15 and 20 on Tuesday and around the same amount throughout the rest of the week. This is all speculation so I could be completely wrong but hopefully it will put some peoples minds to ease.
And yeah, I have probably spent a little too much time thinking this through but it's helped cope with not having heard anything yet 😵
And yeah, I have probably spent a little too much time thinking this through but it's helped cope with not having heard anything yet 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be a dumb question but obviously when you have to wait you get paranoid...did they call your cell phone number we put in AADSAS or the secondary? And also does the number start with 706 that calls us?
They called my cell phone that I provided to AADSAS. Yes, it was a 706 number.This may be a dumb question but obviously when you have to wait you get paranoid...did they call your cell phone number we put in AADSAS or the secondary? And also does the number start with 706 that calls us?
Thanks man, I appreciate itThey called my cell phone that I provided to AADSAS. Yes, it was a 706 number.
6
609088
Dr Hanes please seee calllll meeeeeee
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K