****The Official Howard University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

december 1st is almost here *fingers crossed* :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
did your aadsas change? mine still says invited for interview. I interviewed the first day.
mine hasn't changed, still says "received/under review"... i interviewed oct 21st

Members don't see this ad :)
mine hasn't changed, still says "received/under review"... i interviewed oct 21st
same as mine: "received/under review though I interviewed on the 25th Oct. It's unbelievable guyz that our future could be decided in a few days. I received my acceptance in Jesus name: same goes for all of you!!!

same as mine: "received/under review though I interviewed on the 25th Oct. It's unbelievable guyz that our future could be decided in a few days. I received my acceptance in Jesus name: same goes for all of you!!!
i know right! ..by midnight tomorrow we may know:wow:..is anyone else freaking out!

I wonder when they will send out emails

Got in! Acceptance email at 10am

Accepted. Thanks God!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted!!! Yay!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an acceptance email about 30 min ago!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm gonna be a dentist.Got accepted today via email 11:39 am EST. Praise God.+pity+:soexcited:

I'm going to create a Facebook page for the class of 2019 right now!!!

I need people to add to the group in order to create it. Who's in?

Please send me a link to add you as a friend on Facebook so that I can create the group.

Congratulations to all those who just got accepted! I was accepted to HUCD today via email and feel truly blessed! God is good!

For those accepted what is the next step? I know we have to send $1000 money order in along with filling out the background check and complete the medical forms. Will they send a link and/or any additional information regarding this?

Congratulations to all those who just got accepted! I was accepted to HUCD today via email and feel truly blessed! God is good!

For those accepted what is the next step? I know we have to send $1000 money order in along with filling out the background check and complete the medical forms. Will they send a link and/or any additional information regarding this?
Congrats to you as well! I think Mrs. Nixion mentioned something about sending out another email with background check info. Did your email mention anything about the deposit? I had no details about the deposit in my email.

Congrats to you as well! I think Mrs. Nixion mentioned something about sending out another email with background check info. Did your email mention anything about the deposit? I had no details about the deposit in my email.

Same here, it was not mentioned in the email but I was told during the interview. I also recalled Mrs. Nixon saying we had to send the money in within a certain time period, I think (but don't take my word for it) like 30 days?

Same here, it was not mentioned in the email but I was told during the interview. I also recalled Mrs. Nixon saying we had to send the money in within a certain time period, I think (but don't take my word for it) like 30 days?
You are right! I would say we should call the phone number in the email and ask them about the deposit because realistically due to christmas holidays we have less than 30 days!

Disregard my last message. Another email was sent today by Mrs. Nixon with updated information.

Yes it was!!! Time to send my deposit...yay!!!

$1,000 is a high deposit hope I can get it before end of the month. Going to be hitting up some cousins and aunts over holidays.

Last edited:
No I need to add someone to the group in order to create it. Send me a link to ur fb profile and I'll add you as a friend and create the group

Anyone see the notice the Dean Dr. Rouse is retiring. Ah man I really hope things with the faculty begin to turn around there or we will have some challenges to overcome. We will just have to get each others back.

Yep I just saw the post. What things with the faculty are you referring to?

on Facebook actually. Search for howard university college of dentistry

For those of you planning on coming to Howard in the Fall, please join the Facebook group so we can all get to know each other. I just created it a minute ago. Updates will occur periodically. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1512726638989568/

Yep I just saw the post. What things with the faculty are you referring to?
When I was at my interview I got there a day earlier and talked to some students. The main concern that many of them had was that they are understaffed when it comes to professors. I was really looking forward to getting to know Dr. Rouse, it would have been great to train under him.

Please click the link to the fb group so I can add you if you are coming to howard

congrats to everyone who got accepted !!! could you guys let me know your average DAT score ?

has anyone heard back who has a 17 AA? with a fairly high GPA

has anyone heard back who has a 17 AA? with a fairly high GPA
There is hope ... I had a 17 AA on the DAT and received an acceptance on December 1st. My GPA is currently a 3.7, but this is through graduate school.

Reactions: 1 users
do you guys know if Howard gives a lot of financial aid since its a private school?

Do you guys know how many people are accepted off the waitlist? Will any of you be declining your offer of acceptance?

Do you guys know how many people are accepted off the waitlist? Will any of you be declining your offer of acceptance?

I was accepted on the 1st and might be declining my offer I am just waiting to hear from my other school ( had an interview on dec 1st with UIC) because that was my 1st choice. Not to get me wrong i loved Howard! I just really want to stay in my home state!

Good luck everyone on the wait-list! I know your struggle:nod:.