The Official "I Cannot Stop Lying b/c I'm Too Excited About The FUTURE" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last semester I had a bike stolen after I left it on a porch at a party. It was locked up, but not to anything sturdy. I told my parents that I went to a coffee house and it got stolen while I was inside.

As far as presenting yourself in a positive light, I think it's perfectly acceptable--as the above post suggests--so long as someone involved could recognize it as the truth.

Members don't see this ad.

Wait. Your parents don't know that you party?
I don't know about you guys but I was pretty up-front with my folks about that kind of stuff. The whole social drinking thing is kind of expected unless your parents are totally and completely uninformed or have their heads completely up their @sses. What are they going to do to you when you're away at college, anyway? Seriously.

NYMC MD 2B said:
Unfortunately, the reality is that many people lie on this forum, about EVERYTHING! That is the caveat when you are dealing with anonymous posting. For instance, I know for a fact that a good deal of the waitlist "movement" posted here did not take place. People lie about these things to get everyone riled up and worried. To all of you starting this miserable process, take what you read with a grain of salt

Really? There's gotta be a level of Hell for that one. That's so mean. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
jackieMD2007 said:
Wait. Your parents don't know that you party?
I don't know about you guys but I was pretty up-front with my folks about that kind of stuff. The whole social drinking thing is kind of expected unless your parents are totally and completely uninformed or have their heads completely up their @sses. What are they going to do to you when you're away at college, anyway? Seriously.

:laugh: Wow, looking back, I guess I was horribly unclear. No, I didn't want them to know I irresponsibly left it out in a bad area all night without being chained to something--especially since I had a bike stolen only a few months earlier (although, that one was chained to the stairs; they cut the lock off).

As far as them knowing about me partying, they encourage it. :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, come to think of it, my folks would be steamed about me leaving it in a bad area (and probably about me going to party in a bad area), not about the beer or whatever. Good point.

NYMC MD 2B said:
Unfortunately, the reality is that many people lie on this forum, about EVERYTHING! That is the caveat when you are dealing with anonymous posting. For instance, I know for a fact that a good deal of the waitlist "movement" posted here did not take place. People lie about these things to get everyone riled up and worried. To all of you starting this miserable process, take what you read with a grain of salt

How do you know this to be true? Just wondering. It is always good when you can call bull$hit on something.

Secondly, the people lying about that f-ing waitlist movement? That is just cold. :thumbdown:

jackieMD2007 said:
How do you know this to be true? Just wondering. It is always good when you can call bull$hit on something.

Secondly, the people lying about that f-ing waitlist movement? That is just cold. :thumbdown:
The truth will set you free: I was not accepted off the waitlist at HMS. :( sorry Jackie.

DUDE! How could you lie about....about...(sob)...HARVARD!?

That is IT! We can't be roommates again this year, and NO you can't borrow my sparkly lip gloss. You ho.

jackieMD2007 said:
DUDE! How could you lie about....about...(sob)...HARVARD!?

That is IT! We can't be roommates again this year, and NO you can't borrow my sparkly lip gloss. You ho.
*sniffle* does that mean we need to stop sharing Danjo too? *sniffle*

YES! No more three-ways. No more gang-bangs. Its over. And because YOU lied about Harvard. What's next, you're really a man? :eek:

Well, my aunt is best friends with a person who is responsible for raising research funding at a highly competetive university (I don't want to name names and start a flame war). He told me that this was a unique year because the school over-accepted and no one was take off the list this round. Interestingly, 7 SDN posters have claimed to have gotten the call...Just food for thought...

NYMC MD 2B said:
Well, my aunt is best friends with a person who is responsible for raising research funding at a highly competetive university (I don't want to name names and start a flame war). He told me that this was a unique year because the school over-accepted and no one was take off the list this round. Interestingly, 7 SDN posters have claimed to have gotten the call...Just food for thought...
Actually, it was me. I got in off of the same waitlist 7 times.