You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official January 23, 2015 MCAT Thread
Started by cjcarter
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is it weird that suddenly I'm nervous I actually hit score instead of void? If I voided it, WHY AM I NERVOUS? WHY DOES THIS TEST DO THIS TO US!!!???
Last edited:
3:45 they should be there (at least thats what happened the 1st time I took it womp womp)This is just horrifying, do you guys think scores will be released before 5? I have heard they are out by 3:30 on released days. I am so scared omg
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3:45 they should be there (at least thats what happened the 1st time I took it womp womp)
Is that eastern standard time?
Tomorrow 3:45I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!! WHEN WILL SCORES BE RELEASED!!!!!!?!?!
Yes!Is that eastern standard time?
Tomorrow 3:45
No, today's the day! Tick tock tick tock. Good luck everyone!
I feel like I'm gonna throw up and Bio, Physics, Orgo, and Chem are gonna come spewing out
It was released at 3:15 on the last two release dates, just saying. Possibly T-60 minutes remaining.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quite possibly. I'll definitely drink if i get a good score but then im debating if i get a bad score, should i still drinkSo it might be released after 2:15 central time?
I am not even anxious about this bc i know i did bad, but i still yet managed to have a nightmare about this score release day lol i dreamed i opened it and got a 21 and had a heart atk bc thats a significant drop from my first attemptAnybody else have like 20 dreams last night about opening up a variety of different scores? HORRIBLE NIGHTMARES!
We are part of history. If our kids ever want to become doctors, we can reminisce about how we were the last batch to take the old test. Not that anyone wants to remember this test...butttt still. WE ARE CHAMPIONS
I am not even anxious about this bc i know i did bad, but i still yet managed to have a nightmare about this score release day lol i dreamed i opened it and got a 21 and had a heart atk bc thats a significant drop from my first attempt
I feel the exact same way. I'm not even sure why i'm gonna bother checking my score.
DittoI feel the exact same way. I'm not even sure why i'm gonna bother checking my score.
oh god. we've been waiting for a month, but it only takes a second for it all to go downhill 🙁(
Also I really have to go to the bathroom but I'm gonna hold it cuz I don't wanna miss the second that scores go up lolol
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: Retook
AAMC 10-11 average: Retook
Post test expected score: 27-33
Actual score: 30 (11/09/10)
Seeing that this is my second time taking it (1st time I got a 28 - 11/07/10), I'm extremely happy. Thank God my program only requires a 30+. This feels so good.
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: Retook
AAMC 10-11 average: Retook
Post test expected score: 27-33
Actual score: 30 (11/09/10)
Seeing that this is my second time taking it (1st time I got a 28 - 11/07/10), I'm extremely happy. Thank God my program only requires a 30+. This feels so good.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 33
AAMC 10-11 average: 34
Post test expected score: 32
Actual score: 31 (10/11/10)
Really upset cuz i did below my avg like wth 🙁 i mean 31 isnt a bad score but its not the score i wanted
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 33
AAMC 10-11 average: 34
Post test expected score: 32
Actual score: 31 (10/11/10)
Really upset cuz i did below my avg like wth 🙁 i mean 31 isnt a bad score but its not the score i wanted
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 36
AAMC 10-11 average:10 36
Post test expected score: 36-37
Actual score: 35 (12 PS/11 VR/12 BS)
thought I smoked PS, and didn't get below a 13 on any of the FLs. Walked out expecting a 14. Can't be mad at my score but it's always a letdown to do worse than your average. We're done, guys. Breathe.
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 36
AAMC 10-11 average:10 36
Post test expected score: 36-37
Actual score: 35 (12 PS/11 VR/12 BS)
thought I smoked PS, and didn't get below a 13 on any of the FLs. Walked out expecting a 14. Can't be mad at my score but it's always a letdown to do worse than your average. We're done, guys. Breathe.
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 30.75
AAMC 10-11 average: 28 (had the flu when I took AAMC 11)
Post test expected score: 27-30 (got 2 hours of sleep the night before, don't think I scored above my average)
Actual score: 31 (10 PS/9 VR/12 BS)
I am so happy that I scored above my average! I have a feeling that the scale for bio was nice because of the orgo passage. Good luck to everyone else!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 30.75
AAMC 10-11 average: 28 (had the flu when I took AAMC 11)
Post test expected score: 27-30 (got 2 hours of sleep the night before, don't think I scored above my average)
Actual score: 31 (10 PS/9 VR/12 BS)
I am so happy that I scored above my average! I have a feeling that the scale for bio was nice because of the orgo passage. Good luck to everyone else!
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average:~33
AAMC 10-11 average: 33
Post test expected score: 34
Actual score: 32 (11/9/12)
I wrote the August 7th one (10/7/10) and this one is an improvement. I thought I'd a bit better in verbal, since all my practice tests had verbal at 10+ (AAMC 11 I got 11 in verbal) so this will make it harder for me because I'm in Canada...
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average:~33
AAMC 10-11 average: 33
Post test expected score: 34
Actual score: 32 (11/9/12)
I wrote the August 7th one (10/7/10) and this one is an improvement. I thought I'd a bit better in verbal, since all my practice tests had verbal at 10+ (AAMC 11 I got 11 in verbal) so this will make it harder for me because I'm in Canada...
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 30.6
AAMC 10-11 average: 32.5
Post test expected score: 29 +/- 2
Actual score: 30 (11/08/11)
I felt way better than an 8 on verbal, but I'll take the overall! Finally...it's over. No more MCAT! Woo! Good luck everyone!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 30.6
AAMC 10-11 average: 32.5
Post test expected score: 29 +/- 2
Actual score: 30 (11/08/11)
I felt way better than an 8 on verbal, but I'll take the overall! Finally...it's over. No more MCAT! Woo! Good luck everyone!
Scored 5 points below my AAMC 10-11 average. 🙁
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 31
AAMC 10-11 average: 32
Post test expected score: 27-31
Actual score: 34 (10/12/12)
yaaaaayy! I am so relieved, seems like I peaked on test day. I was certain PS would sink my score.
So glad it is finally over!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 31
AAMC 10-11 average: 32
Post test expected score: 27-31
Actual score: 34 (10/12/12)
yaaaaayy! I am so relieved, seems like I peaked on test day. I was certain PS would sink my score.
So glad it is finally over!
i never scored less than a 12 on verbal and ended up with a 10 -.-omg did anybody else get raped by verbal?
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 32.75
AAMC 10-11 average: 33.5 (36 and 31)
Post test expected score: ugh no idea I tried to think positive but was prepared for a 29
Actual score: 36 (11/12/13)
Honestly I am crying this has been the worst month. My grandfather who was my biggest cheerleader passed away 2 weeks ago. It was devastating for us and I opened my scores today with my grandmother and i just wish he was here! But I am confident he knows. He encouraged me when I was down and out and burnt out.
I think my saving grace was my ochem, it is my best and favorite subject and ochem 2 was my bread and butter and that crazy passage, well I was confident on it. This hopefully makes up for my sub par gpa and maybe will allow me to stay in my hometown to be close to my grandmother so I am ecstatic.
Everyone, deep breaths now! It's going to be ok even if you didn't get your goal. There are options!! Stay strong!!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 32.75
AAMC 10-11 average: 33.5 (36 and 31)
Post test expected score: ugh no idea I tried to think positive but was prepared for a 29
Actual score: 36 (11/12/13)
Honestly I am crying this has been the worst month. My grandfather who was my biggest cheerleader passed away 2 weeks ago. It was devastating for us and I opened my scores today with my grandmother and i just wish he was here! But I am confident he knows. He encouraged me when I was down and out and burnt out.
I think my saving grace was my ochem, it is my best and favorite subject and ochem 2 was my bread and butter and that crazy passage, well I was confident on it. This hopefully makes up for my sub par gpa and maybe will allow me to stay in my hometown to be close to my grandmother so I am ecstatic.
Everyone, deep breaths now! It's going to be ok even if you didn't get your goal. There are options!! Stay strong!!
Last edited:
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: ~32
AAMC 10-11 average: 32.5
Post test expected score: thought it went well
Actual score: 32 (10/11/11)
This was a retake from January 8th. I was super nervous and thought I did terribly on that exam, and I ended up with a 30 (11/9/10). I wouldn't have retaken if I knew I had done okay, but I'm really happy that this worked out and that I hit my average score.
Btw, I did zero studying in between these two exams. The only thing that was different was that I slept well the night before, and was super relaxed during the exam with the attitude that if it went poorly I would void. Calmness is key!!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: ~32
AAMC 10-11 average: 32.5
Post test expected score: thought it went well
Actual score: 32 (10/11/11)
This was a retake from January 8th. I was super nervous and thought I did terribly on that exam, and I ended up with a 30 (11/9/10). I wouldn't have retaken if I knew I had done okay, but I'm really happy that this worked out and that I hit my average score.
Btw, I did zero studying in between these two exams. The only thing that was different was that I slept well the night before, and was super relaxed during the exam with the attitude that if it went poorly I would void. Calmness is key!!
omg im so happy for you seabiscuit31. when i found out scores were released, u were one of the ones i wanted to do really well.Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 32.75
AAMC 10-11 average: 32.75 (36 and 31)
Post test expected score: ugh no idea I tried to think positive but was prepared for a 29
Actual score: 36 (11/12/13)
Honestly I am crying this has been the worst month. My grandfather who was my biggest cheerleader passed away 2 weeks ago. It was devastating for us and I opened my scores today with my grandmother and i just wish he was here! But I am confident he knows. He encouraged me when I was down and out and burnt out.
I think my saving grace was my ochem, it is my best and favorite subject and ochem was my bread and butter and that crazy passage, well I was confident on it. This hopefully makes up for my sub par gpa and maybe will allow me to stay in my hometown to be close to my grandmother so I am ecstatic.
Everyone, deep breaths now! It's going to be ok even if you didn't get your goal. There are options!! Stay strong!!
congrats you deserved it 🙂 u kept my motivation up thru the process 🙂
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 30.63 (took the first two without studying...took the rest every week during my 1.5 month cram)
AAMC 10-11 average: 33.5
Post test expected score: 32 (12 PS/10 VR/10 BS)
Actual score: 33 (11 PS/10 VR/12 BS)
Happy with this! The only regret is that I peaked on Practice Test 9 and 11 with a 34 and a 35 respectively. Just wish I peaked on the real deal!
Best of luck, everyone!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 30.63 (took the first two without studying...took the rest every week during my 1.5 month cram)
AAMC 10-11 average: 33.5
Post test expected score: 32 (12 PS/10 VR/10 BS)
Actual score: 33 (11 PS/10 VR/12 BS)
Happy with this! The only regret is that I peaked on Practice Test 9 and 11 with a 34 and a 35 respectively. Just wish I peaked on the real deal!
Best of luck, everyone!
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 10-12 Physical / 5-7 Verbal / 10-12 Bio
AAMC 10-11 average: Not sure
Post test expected score: This is a retake for me. Last time I got a 26 (11/5/10 ). I honestly felt like I got a 9 in physical sciences or even 10, but 11 is the max score I think I wouldve gotten..... but it's still a stretch. I ended up with a 13 which I NEVER got on a practice test - a 12 was my max. I felt that the physical portion was TOUGH. I scored a 5 last time on verbal so I'm really terrible in verbal but when I took it this time, it felt easy and I thought I was able to answer and comprehend most of the questions/passages. I ended up with a 6, but I'm aiming for DO schools so I'm hoping that they'll be more forgiving when looking at my score. I guess "easy" wasn't the right word to use when describing the verbal section... Bio was hard because of that 'ochem passage'. I knew that I got 5 wrong already from that passage, and I wasn't comfortable with a lot of the material they asked.
Actual score: 29 (13/06/10)
Overall, I'm happy with my score, but I was hoping for at least a 7 in verbal. This may not be a good score for some of you, but I improved since my last retake by 3 points so that's something to be happy about. I'm really hoping that the 6 in verbal wouldn't hinder me from most DO programs. I hope everyone scored where they want to be, best of luck to everyone especially those that choose to retake. Hang in there!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 10-12 Physical / 5-7 Verbal / 10-12 Bio
AAMC 10-11 average: Not sure
Post test expected score: This is a retake for me. Last time I got a 26 (11/5/10 ). I honestly felt like I got a 9 in physical sciences or even 10, but 11 is the max score I think I wouldve gotten..... but it's still a stretch. I ended up with a 13 which I NEVER got on a practice test - a 12 was my max. I felt that the physical portion was TOUGH. I scored a 5 last time on verbal so I'm really terrible in verbal but when I took it this time, it felt easy and I thought I was able to answer and comprehend most of the questions/passages. I ended up with a 6, but I'm aiming for DO schools so I'm hoping that they'll be more forgiving when looking at my score. I guess "easy" wasn't the right word to use when describing the verbal section... Bio was hard because of that 'ochem passage'. I knew that I got 5 wrong already from that passage, and I wasn't comfortable with a lot of the material they asked.
Actual score: 29 (13/06/10)
Overall, I'm happy with my score, but I was hoping for at least a 7 in verbal. This may not be a good score for some of you, but I improved since my last retake by 3 points so that's something to be happy about. I'm really hoping that the 6 in verbal wouldn't hinder me from most DO programs. I hope everyone scored where they want to be, best of luck to everyone especially those that choose to retake. Hang in there!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: n/a (didn't get that far in my studying)
AAMC 10-11 average: n/a
Post test expected score: Before the test I thought I stood no chance of breaking 20. After test felt okay but no idea what to expect.
Actual score: 29 (8/11/10)
Long time lurker, sorry for making this my first post, but I'm so excited! I didn't tell a lot of people I was writing (non-trad mid-life crisis scenario here). I know a lot of you would be upset with a 29, but I'm thrilled. I'm 10 years out of school, work full time and have young kids. I was lucky to get an hour of studying in a night since September when I decided to write. PS and Orgo were weak, and hard to relearn after so long. I actually was expecting better in Verbal. Had no idea what to expect with Bio, seeing how I guessed on all of the orgo but felt good about the bio. Now I have to decide if I actually think going to med school is doable and a good idea with a marriage, mortgage, and kids. Ah! 29 is an okay score for the school I'm applying to, and I had a 4.0GPA.
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: n/a (didn't get that far in my studying)
AAMC 10-11 average: n/a
Post test expected score: Before the test I thought I stood no chance of breaking 20. After test felt okay but no idea what to expect.
Actual score: 29 (8/11/10)
Long time lurker, sorry for making this my first post, but I'm so excited! I didn't tell a lot of people I was writing (non-trad mid-life crisis scenario here). I know a lot of you would be upset with a 29, but I'm thrilled. I'm 10 years out of school, work full time and have young kids. I was lucky to get an hour of studying in a night since September when I decided to write. PS and Orgo were weak, and hard to relearn after so long. I actually was expecting better in Verbal. Had no idea what to expect with Bio, seeing how I guessed on all of the orgo but felt good about the bio. Now I have to decide if I actually think going to med school is doable and a good idea with a marriage, mortgage, and kids. Ah! 29 is an okay score for the school I'm applying to, and I had a 4.0GPA.
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: ~28
AAMC 10-11 average: 28
Post test expected score: 27 +/- 1
Actual score: 30 (08 PS/12 VR/10 BS)
I was one of those hail marys that was still missing a pre-req (Physics II) but damned if I wasn't going to give it a shot while the old test was still an option. I walked out of the test feeling awful, scheduled a re-take as soon as the new test opened.
The 30 was seriously a shock, like I felt like the screen suddenly blinded me. I know reading all the 32+ scores on SDN that it's not impressive by any stretch of imagination, but for me it's such a weight lifted off my shoulders.
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: ~28
AAMC 10-11 average: 28
Post test expected score: 27 +/- 1
Actual score: 30 (08 PS/12 VR/10 BS)
I was one of those hail marys that was still missing a pre-req (Physics II) but damned if I wasn't going to give it a shot while the old test was still an option. I walked out of the test feeling awful, scheduled a re-take as soon as the new test opened.
The 30 was seriously a shock, like I felt like the screen suddenly blinded me. I know reading all the 32+ scores on SDN that it's not impressive by any stretch of imagination, but for me it's such a weight lifted off my shoulders.
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 38
AAMC 10-11 average: 40 (13/14/13)
Post-test expected score: At one point or another, I've expected every single score from 30-40, so I'll say 35.
Actual score: 37 (14/11/12)
Comments: Well that was certainly an unexpected breakdown, especially since I got a 15 in verbal on AAMC 11, but I really can't complain! This was the score I told myself I'd be content with – excited if I did better, a little disappointed if I did worse. Anyway, such a relief!
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 38
AAMC 10-11 average: 40 (13/14/13)
Post-test expected score: At one point or another, I've expected every single score from 30-40, so I'll say 35.
Actual score: 37 (14/11/12)
Comments: Well that was certainly an unexpected breakdown, especially since I got a 15 in verbal on AAMC 11, but I really can't complain! This was the score I told myself I'd be content with – excited if I did better, a little disappointed if I did worse. Anyway, such a relief!
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E