You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official January 23, 2015 MCAT Thread
Started by cjcarter
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Im not a genius, but I am hardworker. Before today, I was thinking about dropping my dream of becoming a doctor because I thought I had made a 22.
... I made a 29! I have no idea how. 9/10/10. But it happened. I feel incredible. I still hate this test tho. Drained my soul for months on end.
Glad its over.
Thank you SDN for all the support.
Edit: Now that I'm applying to medical schools... I'm realizing how mediocre a balanced 29 is...
sigh..
... I made a 29! I have no idea how. 9/10/10. But it happened. I feel incredible. I still hate this test tho. Drained my soul for months on end.
Glad its over.
Thank you SDN for all the support.
Edit: Now that I'm applying to medical schools... I'm realizing how mediocre a balanced 29 is...
sigh..
Last edited:
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 30 (10P/10V/10B) (only had time for one full length this time around)
Post test expected score: 25 (9 PS/7 VR/9 BS)
Actual score: 29 (10 PS/7 VR/12 BS)
I am happy and upset at the same time. Happy because I expected to get less than my first attempt's score of 11P/6V/10B, but I ended up with a higher score. Upset because I got a 7 on the verbal, a score which I believe will get me automatically rejected from US medical
schools via computer screening. Am I right with this? Do I have any chance? I am an Asian male from NY state, which doesn't help alleviate the situation either.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Best of luck, everyone!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 30 (10P/10V/10B) (only had time for one full length this time around)
Post test expected score: 25 (9 PS/7 VR/9 BS)
Actual score: 29 (10 PS/7 VR/12 BS)
I am happy and upset at the same time. Happy because I expected to get less than my first attempt's score of 11P/6V/10B, but I ended up with a higher score. Upset because I got a 7 on the verbal, a score which I believe will get me automatically rejected from US medical
schools via computer screening. Am I right with this? Do I have any chance? I am an Asian male from NY state, which doesn't help alleviate the situation either.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Best of luck, everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 35
AAMC 10-11 average: 34.5
Post-test expected score: 31
Actual score: 36 (14/09/13)
Comments: I'm obviously really excited about my composite but kind of bummed about Verbal. I was most confident in Verbal and least confident in PS - guess it just goes to show that your confidence level is almost never right!!
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 35
AAMC 10-11 average: 34.5
Post-test expected score: 31
Actual score: 36 (14/09/13)
Comments: I'm obviously really excited about my composite but kind of bummed about Verbal. I was most confident in Verbal and least confident in PS - guess it just goes to show that your confidence level is almost never right!!
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 38
AAMC 10-11 average: 40
Post-test expected score: Walking out of the testing center: 20-something; This morning: 33
Actual score: 37 (14/11/12)
Comments: Feel okay with this. My VR practice average was 13, so the 11 is disappointing but not unexpected as I didn't feel too good about it on test day. Felt very comfortable with PS on test day, but it's always nice to see a 14. BS must have had a very generous curve because I had absolutely no clue what was going on in The Passage and gave each one the same letter (C is apparently my lucky letter). Overall, it could have gone a bit better but it also could have, as I anticipated in my post-test freak-out, gone much worse.
And yes, in case anyone was curious, The Rhymenocerous and I are indeed long lost twins.
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 38
AAMC 10-11 average: 40
Post-test expected score: Walking out of the testing center: 20-something; This morning: 33
Actual score: 37 (14/11/12)
Comments: Feel okay with this. My VR practice average was 13, so the 11 is disappointing but not unexpected as I didn't feel too good about it on test day. Felt very comfortable with PS on test day, but it's always nice to see a 14. BS must have had a very generous curve because I had absolutely no clue what was going on in The Passage and gave each one the same letter (C is apparently my lucky letter). Overall, it could have gone a bit better but it also could have, as I anticipated in my post-test freak-out, gone much worse.
And yes, in case anyone was curious, The Rhymenocerous and I are indeed long lost twins.
Test date : 1/23/15
Time: 8AM
AAMC average: 34.6
AAMC 10-11 average: 34
Post-test expected score: 27
Actual Score: 11/10/11
Comments:
Disappointed I didn't hit my average because I know I changed 5 answers in PS from correct to incorrect. However, beyond happy. I am never taking this test again. It was the worst experience of my life. Hoping I can get into a MD school with this. If I cant, I'll go out of country. I'm not taking this stupid exam ever again.
Time: 8AM
AAMC average: 34.6
AAMC 10-11 average: 34
Post-test expected score: 27
Actual Score: 11/10/11
Comments:
Disappointed I didn't hit my average because I know I changed 5 answers in PS from correct to incorrect. However, beyond happy. I am never taking this test again. It was the worst experience of my life. Hoping I can get into a MD school with this. If I cant, I'll go out of country. I'm not taking this stupid exam ever again.
VR 08 PS 10 BS 11
I tried my best with verbal. Could not raise it. had to blindly guess the last passage .
PS had to rush through last passage, and sure I got most of that wrong. It was simple on the surface, but something I had never come across .
I tried my best with verbal. Could not raise it. had to blindly guess the last passage .
PS had to rush through last passage, and sure I got most of that wrong. It was simple on the surface, but something I had never come across .
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 37
AAMC 10-11 average: 38
Post-test expected score: No idea....knew the PS section didn't go as well as hoped
Actual score: 35 (11/9/15)
Previous MCAT 34 (13/10/11) - taken over a year ago
My score only increased by 1 point.. which as a little disappointing. The science distribution flipped completely... and I don't know what happened to verbal as I was scoring 11+ in my practices. I can't complain about my score but I am a little disappointed in VR and PS though... I hope the verbal won't look too glaringly unbalanced. Overall I'm not too disappointed but do feel that the time and money spent on the retake was not justified by my improvement.
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 37
AAMC 10-11 average: 38
Post-test expected score: No idea....knew the PS section didn't go as well as hoped
Actual score: 35 (11/9/15)
Previous MCAT 34 (13/10/11) - taken over a year ago
My score only increased by 1 point.. which as a little disappointing. The science distribution flipped completely... and I don't know what happened to verbal as I was scoring 11+ in my practices. I can't complain about my score but I am a little disappointed in VR and PS though... I hope the verbal won't look too glaringly unbalanced. Overall I'm not too disappointed but do feel that the time and money spent on the retake was not justified by my improvement.
omg im so happy for you seabiscuit31. when i found out scores were released, u were one of the ones i wanted to do really well.
congrats you deserved it 🙂 u kept my motivation up thru the process 🙂
Aww thanks so much!! I told my grandma I had a well wisher on the Internet and she didn't quite understand but seemed pleased haha!
How did things go with you??? I hope ok!! You don't have to tell me obviously! I keep thinking of everyone who has been active in the thread especially in the thick of studying and how hard everyone was working! It is so frustrating that one test holds this much weight
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC 10-11 average: 37: 14, 11, 13
Post test expected score: 32
Actual score: 36 (11/14/11)
GOD HELPED ME WITH VERBAL! DONE DONE DONE! I will keep the million promises I made god.
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC 10-11 average: 37: 14, 11, 13
Post test expected score: 32
Actual score: 36 (11/14/11)
GOD HELPED ME WITH VERBAL! DONE DONE DONE! I will keep the million promises I made god.
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: ~23
AAMC 10-11 average: 22 (only took 11)
Post-test expected score: 20-26
Actual score: 25 (9/6/10)
Comments: So pretty much everyone on here would have told me not to sit the test with such a low average--I clearly wasn't ready. However, I was taking the old test if it was the last thing I did. My studying consisted of mostly verbal...and it turns out I didn't improve at all on that section from my first full length. WOOF.
I'm applying DO with a 3.87 cGPA/3.85 sGPA as a chemistry major. Even though my score sucks, my goal is to become a physician, and I'm fairly confident my GPA, ECs, and LORs will help to make up for this less-than-stellar score. I'm so relieved to be done with this beast.
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: ~23
AAMC 10-11 average: 22 (only took 11)
Post-test expected score: 20-26
Actual score: 25 (9/6/10)
Comments: So pretty much everyone on here would have told me not to sit the test with such a low average--I clearly wasn't ready. However, I was taking the old test if it was the last thing I did. My studying consisted of mostly verbal...and it turns out I didn't improve at all on that section from my first full length. WOOF.
I'm applying DO with a 3.87 cGPA/3.85 sGPA as a chemistry major. Even though my score sucks, my goal is to become a physician, and I'm fairly confident my GPA, ECs, and LORs will help to make up for this less-than-stellar score. I'm so relieved to be done with this beast.
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 38
AAMC 10-11 average: 39
Post test expected score: anywhere from 31 - 39
Actual score: 35 (10/13/12)
A little disappointed. I think nerves got to me on PS. But hey, I'll take it! Next stop med school!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 38
AAMC 10-11 average: 39
Post test expected score: anywhere from 31 - 39
Actual score: 35 (10/13/12)
A little disappointed. I think nerves got to me on PS. But hey, I'll take it! Next stop med school!
Test Date: 1/23/15
Time: 8am
AAMC average: 33.9
AAMC 10-11 average: 36
Post test expected score: 32 (11p/11v/10b)
Actual Score: 36 (12p/12v/12b)
I was worried about The Passage, but now I'm very excited! This is better than I could have thought!
Best of luck to all of you!
Time: 8am
AAMC average: 33.9
AAMC 10-11 average: 36
Post test expected score: 32 (11p/11v/10b)
Actual Score: 36 (12p/12v/12b)
I was worried about The Passage, but now I'm very excited! This is better than I could have thought!

Best of luck to all of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I guess I'm one of those who's post-test experience didn't reflect my actual score:
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 31.4 (4 month Re-takes)
AAMC 10-11 average: 31
Post test expected score: 30-34
First score (Sept.): 23 (8PS/5VR/10 BS)
Retake score (Jan. 23): 27 (9 PS/8 VR/10 BS)
Was pretty certain that I'd hit at least 30, but idk wtf happened. I was raving about how I thought I did well in Verbal but I did about the same... I'm thinking there was a really harsh curve on this one, but idk... I really don't know what to do now..
I have a 3.7 GPA... 3 publications (2 in good journals; 1 in a mediocre journal - all are mid-to-low author). I have shadowing, and community/school projects, I did a couple summer programs, and have also served as adjunct instructor for a lower introductory course. I think I can get good LOR's. I wanted to go to a research-heavy school and was even looking at the possibility at MD-Ph.D but I think that's now out of the window. I am also contemplating going Ph.D route, but deadlines are very quickly approaching. I would consider D.O. but my EC's lean a lot more heavily towards research so idk if that's a problem. Do you guys think I should apply? Do you think the publications could still keep me in contention for some research schools? I was looking to apply this year and I live in California.
Idk.... I just feel like this is all some cruel joke... I'm at a loss for what my next step is... Honestly, I don't want to re-take this test again, but maybe another day I'll be willing. What are some options for me?
Edit: congrats to everyone else
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 31.4 (4 month Re-takes)
AAMC 10-11 average: 31
Post test expected score: 30-34
First score (Sept.): 23 (8PS/5VR/10 BS)
Retake score (Jan. 23): 27 (9 PS/8 VR/10 BS)
Was pretty certain that I'd hit at least 30, but idk wtf happened. I was raving about how I thought I did well in Verbal but I did about the same... I'm thinking there was a really harsh curve on this one, but idk... I really don't know what to do now..
I have a 3.7 GPA... 3 publications (2 in good journals; 1 in a mediocre journal - all are mid-to-low author). I have shadowing, and community/school projects, I did a couple summer programs, and have also served as adjunct instructor for a lower introductory course. I think I can get good LOR's. I wanted to go to a research-heavy school and was even looking at the possibility at MD-Ph.D but I think that's now out of the window. I am also contemplating going Ph.D route, but deadlines are very quickly approaching. I would consider D.O. but my EC's lean a lot more heavily towards research so idk if that's a problem. Do you guys think I should apply? Do you think the publications could still keep me in contention for some research schools? I was looking to apply this year and I live in California.
Idk.... I just feel like this is all some cruel joke... I'm at a loss for what my next step is... Honestly, I don't want to re-take this test again, but maybe another day I'll be willing. What are some options for me?
Edit: congrats to everyone else
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 33-35
AAMC 10-11 average: 35
Post test expected score: 30-35
Actual score: 33 (PS 12/ Verbal 8/ BS 13)
Verbal is the section I've been struggling the most. And it finally showed in the final test. Very disappointed...
Will 8 on Verbal be ok for application? Should I look into DO schools as well? Advices are need and appreciated!!!
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 33-35
AAMC 10-11 average: 35
Post test expected score: 30-35
Actual score: 33 (PS 12/ Verbal 8/ BS 13)
Verbal is the section I've been struggling the most. And it finally showed in the final test. Very disappointed...
Will 8 on Verbal be ok for application? Should I look into DO schools as well? Advices are need and appreciated!!!
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 33.5
AAMC 10-11 average: 33.5
Post test expected score: 28-36 (But honestly when I first walked out I assumed 8/11/9 or something like that, and in the last week, having looked over old MCAT scaled scores, I'd been thinking 9/12/10. Couldn't help but hope tho.)
Actual score: 31 (PS 09/ Verbal 12/ BS 10)
You know what? I'll take it. I would love to go MD because a weird non-trad hippie like me doesn't get to be an MD very often, but I would be pretty much perfect as a DO (especially in California, my home). Whatever comes next, I'm not re-taking this year, and I'm just super grateful.
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 33.5
AAMC 10-11 average: 33.5
Post test expected score: 28-36 (But honestly when I first walked out I assumed 8/11/9 or something like that, and in the last week, having looked over old MCAT scaled scores, I'd been thinking 9/12/10. Couldn't help but hope tho.)
Actual score: 31 (PS 09/ Verbal 12/ BS 10)
You know what? I'll take it. I would love to go MD because a weird non-trad hippie like me doesn't get to be an MD very often, but I would be pretty much perfect as a DO (especially in California, my home). Whatever comes next, I'm not re-taking this year, and I'm just super grateful.
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: Retaker (34.75)
AAMC 10-11 average: AAMC10 (38, but was a retake), AAMC11 (34, completely foreign)
Post test expected score: 33-34
Actual score: 33 (PS 11/ Verbal 11/ BS 11)
Even though it's a decent score, it's only a 1 pt improvement from my first take (32 with a 12/10/10). I'm actually pretty pleased my VR and BS went up, as those were what I wanted to raise, and a bit bummed that my PS went down to an 11, because I'd never gotten an 11 on PS. I wasn't happy with my score the first go-through, because I thought there were things I could have better done to improve, and I wasn't super convinced it was where I was at. This kind of shows me that that's about where my skill level is though, so I suppose I need to accept it. Can't help but worry that this retake might be taken the wrong way...I really thought I was capable of a 35+, and honestly, I don't regret retaking it because I knew it was highly unlikely that my score would drop. I also think I would have never stopped asking "what if" or obsessing about it if I chickened out and chose not to retake. I'm just confused as to where I'm at in terms of admissions. I really really wanted to stay in CA, so of course I'm pretty bummed out.
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: Retaker (34.75)
AAMC 10-11 average: AAMC10 (38, but was a retake), AAMC11 (34, completely foreign)
Post test expected score: 33-34
Actual score: 33 (PS 11/ Verbal 11/ BS 11)
Even though it's a decent score, it's only a 1 pt improvement from my first take (32 with a 12/10/10). I'm actually pretty pleased my VR and BS went up, as those were what I wanted to raise, and a bit bummed that my PS went down to an 11, because I'd never gotten an 11 on PS. I wasn't happy with my score the first go-through, because I thought there were things I could have better done to improve, and I wasn't super convinced it was where I was at. This kind of shows me that that's about where my skill level is though, so I suppose I need to accept it. Can't help but worry that this retake might be taken the wrong way...I really thought I was capable of a 35+, and honestly, I don't regret retaking it because I knew it was highly unlikely that my score would drop. I also think I would have never stopped asking "what if" or obsessing about it if I chickened out and chose not to retake. I'm just confused as to where I'm at in terms of admissions. I really really wanted to stay in CA, so of course I'm pretty bummed out.
Great job everybody, lots of success stories! Congrats and DON'T IT FEEL GOOD TO BE DONE?!
SO GOODGreat job everybody, lots of success stories! Congrats and DON'T IT FEEL GOOD TO BE DONE?!
wow I guess they had a generous curve on the physical sciences... that was the section I was nailing in practice and ended up having a complete panic attack in the middle of it. literally blazed through the last third guessing/guestimating. Ended up with an ok score but still shocking.
That little clock they have, along with the pop up YOURE RUNNING OUT OF TIME messages during the exam are incredibly distracting. I wish you could disable it!
That little clock they have, along with the pop up YOURE RUNNING OUT OF TIME messages during the exam are incredibly distracting. I wish you could disable it!
OMGG I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. I improved from a 21 to a 27 on a retake!
August 27th score:
7/6/8 : 21
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 28
Post test expected score: 24-26
Actual score: 27 (10/8/9)
I am BEYOND elated!! Last year I studied for 6 months only to end up with a 21 back in August and I thought that it was it for me...that I would never be good enough to get a respectable score, and even though I have a fairly high GPA that my poor MCAT abilities would forever be a block. I was burnt out, depressed, and discouraged... but I decided to just suck it up and try ONE MORE TIME. I just needed a 26 or higher to have a decent shot at getting in where I'm wanting to go. So I quit my job temporarily, dropped down to one class, and worked my A$$ off for 3 months. Results: A 6 point improvement! And I know it's not an amazing score but it is good enough and I AM DONE!! I DID IT!! After 14 months of pain, failure, discouragement, it's over. NEVER GIVE UP!! Ever.
August 27th score:
7/6/8 : 21
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 28
Post test expected score: 24-26
Actual score: 27 (10/8/9)
I am BEYOND elated!! Last year I studied for 6 months only to end up with a 21 back in August and I thought that it was it for me...that I would never be good enough to get a respectable score, and even though I have a fairly high GPA that my poor MCAT abilities would forever be a block. I was burnt out, depressed, and discouraged... but I decided to just suck it up and try ONE MORE TIME. I just needed a 26 or higher to have a decent shot at getting in where I'm wanting to go. So I quit my job temporarily, dropped down to one class, and worked my A$$ off for 3 months. Results: A 6 point improvement! And I know it's not an amazing score but it is good enough and I AM DONE!! I DID IT!! After 14 months of pain, failure, discouragement, it's over. NEVER GIVE UP!! Ever.
Maybe we have the same name and they accidentally merged our AAMC accounts?And yes, in case anyone was curious, The Rhymenocerous and I are indeed long lost twins.
(jamcat and I got the exact same diagnostic score, same practice averages, and now the exact same breakdown on the real deal.)
Last edited:
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 33
AAMC 10-11 average: 34.5
Post test expected score: 34 (11/11/12)
Actual score: 34 (PS 12/ Verbal 10/ BS 12)
I was hoping that a 35+ miracle would happen but cannot really complain before I scored pretty close to my average. I thought Verbal was pretty easy compared to the practice exams... not too sure what happened there.
People talk about the 35+ threshold for top 20 schools all the time (My Pre-health Office, SDN, etc...), but in reality, how important is it? Will the 34 ruin my chances at a top 20 school?
I'm kind of in a similar situation. I scored an unbalanced 36 (14/9/13) and honestly I would prefer your 34 just so I didn't have to look at this 9 in verbal. I want to know if I have a shot at Top 20s or if this 9 is gonna hold me back.
Am I the only one with my MCAT THx still open in another window? I don't want to close it and then re-open it to find that they accidentally messed up my score and gave me a 3/3/3, as they did to another recent examinee! I thought my odd MCAT behaviors would be extinguished today, but MCAT paranoia never ends!
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 26
AAMC 10-11 average: 23.5
Post test expected score: 25-30
Actual score: 28 (PS 10/ Verbal 9/ BS 9)
Previous score: 23R (7/9/7) on 8/15/2008
PS felt like the worst and BS the best...Guess that was not the case! High score on practice was 27 (9/9/9) so I can't complain. Never got a 10 on PS (only BS).
I'm happy I'm competitive for DO schools!
actually you can get into MD school with a 28.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone who was satisfied with their scores!!
I wasn't so lucky...
This was my first time taking the MCAT and I was hoping to be done with it but no....
I got an abysmal 27.... 10V 09 PS 08 BS.... I'm not happy at all. Does anyone have any recommendations for bringing scores up? I'm desperate at this point, cried for a good 30 mins after staring at the screen with my scores displayed. Feeling depressed right now.
I wasn't so lucky...
This was my first time taking the MCAT and I was hoping to be done with it but no....
I got an abysmal 27.... 10V 09 PS 08 BS.... I'm not happy at all. Does anyone have any recommendations for bringing scores up? I'm desperate at this point, cried for a good 30 mins after staring at the screen with my scores displayed. Feeling depressed right now.
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 26
AAMC 10-11 average: 25 (7/10/8)
Post-test expected score: Right after the exam, I was thinking low to mid 20's.
Actual score: 30 (10/11/12)
Comments: So relieved. I fully expected to get ~24-26, so have been slowly working through the 2015 MCAT books and had already registered to take it in May. so this was pretty awesome.
Time: 8 am
AAMC average: 26
AAMC 10-11 average: 25 (7/10/8)
Post-test expected score: Right after the exam, I was thinking low to mid 20's.
Actual score: 30 (10/11/12)
Comments: So relieved. I fully expected to get ~24-26, so have been slowly working through the 2015 MCAT books and had already registered to take it in May. so this was pretty awesome.
I got the same score on Jan 13 and was thrilled because I will get to go to med school in the USA. We obviously have different goals but there's some perspective for ya.Congratulations to everyone who was satisfied with their scores!!
I wasn't so lucky...
This was my first time taking the MCAT and I was hoping to be done with it but no....
I got an abysmal 27.... 10V 09 PS 08 BS.... I'm not happy at all. Does anyone have any recommendations for bringing scores up? I'm desperate at this point, cried for a good 30 mins after staring at the screen with my scores displayed. Feeling depressed right now.
Am I the only one with my MCAT THx still open in another window? I don't want to close it and then re-open it to find that they accidentally messed up my score and gave me a 3/3/3, as they did to another recent examinee! I thought my odd MCAT behaviors would be extinguished today, but MCAT paranoia never ends!
lolwut
are you okay man? i think you definitely need help. you should see a psychologist or counselor. as should most of the posters here. this much obsession and paranoia over a test is not normal.Am I the only one with my MCAT THx still open in another window? I don't want to close it and then re-open it to find that they accidentally messed up my score and gave me a 3/3/3, as they did to another recent examinee! I thought my odd MCAT behaviors would be extinguished today, but MCAT paranoia never ends!
Do you mind if I PM you? I tried but it won't let me 🙁I got the same score on Jan 13 and was thrilled because I will get to go to med school in the USA. We obviously have different goals but there's some perspective for ya.
are you okay man? i think you definitely need help. you should see a psychologist or counselor.
Thanks. I guess my jesting tone doesn't travel well over the internet! After the build-up of studying like crazy and then taking the test, then waiting a month for scores, many MCATers reach score day and think "Did that really just happen?" I, like many others, am in the "Did that really just happen?" phase; that's all!
No different than the folks who dreamt of MCAT scores last night. (I, for the record, slept perfectly fine last night!)
Thanks for your concern though!
The tragedy of the end of the MCAT is that now we have no excuse for being freaking weirdos.Am I the only one with my MCAT THx still open in another window? I don't want to close it and then re-open it to find that they accidentally messed up my score and gave me a 3/3/3, as they did to another recent examinee! I thought my odd MCAT behaviors would be extinguished today, but MCAT paranoia never ends!
I say keep it going, friend. The party never HAS to end.
First off congrats to everyone! Happy for you all!
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC Average: 28
AAMC 10-11 Average: 30
Post-test expected score: A 22 to 32 wouldn't have surprised me.
Actual score: 27 (9/8/10)
Comments: First time taking any standardized test. Didn't study Verbal at all so I was expecting 7-10 score similar to my AAMC practice scores. Felt like I underperformed on test day due to nerves and absolutely no sleep before the test. Ugh...
I'm at a crossroad. Got offered a great job recently and was waiting for my score to decide whether to pursue medical school (DO) or take on this job. A 30+ and I would've pursued medical school. Anything lower than 27 and I would've accepted the job offer. Of course I hit a 27. Honestly I would have rather seen a 22 to solidify my decision. So lost right now...
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC Average: 28
AAMC 10-11 Average: 30
Post-test expected score: A 22 to 32 wouldn't have surprised me.
Actual score: 27 (9/8/10)
Comments: First time taking any standardized test. Didn't study Verbal at all so I was expecting 7-10 score similar to my AAMC practice scores. Felt like I underperformed on test day due to nerves and absolutely no sleep before the test. Ugh...
I'm at a crossroad. Got offered a great job recently and was waiting for my score to decide whether to pursue medical school (DO) or take on this job. A 30+ and I would've pursued medical school. Anything lower than 27 and I would've accepted the job offer. Of course I hit a 27. Honestly I would have rather seen a 22 to solidify my decision. So lost right now...
First off congrats to everyone! Happy for you all!
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC Average: 28
AAMC 10-11 Average: 30
Post-test expected score: A 22 to 32 wouldn't have surprised me.
Actual score: 27 (9/8/10)
Comments: First time taking any standardized test. Didn't study Verbal at all so I was expecting 7-10 score similar to my AAMC practice scores. Felt like I underperformed on test day due to nerves and absolutely no sleep before the test. Ugh...
I'm at a crossroad. Got offered a great job recently and was waiting for my score to decide whether to pursue medical school (DO) or take on this job. A 30+ and I would've pursued medical school. Anything lower than 27 and I would've accepted the job offer. Of course I hit a 27. Honestly I would have rather seen a 22 to solidify my decision. So lost right now...
Same exact breakdown as you, and in the same position! 27 is such a hard score to take!!
First off congrats to everyone! Happy for you all!
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC Average: 28
AAMC 10-11 Average: 30
Post-test expected score: A 22 to 32 wouldn't have surprised me.
Actual score: 27 (9/8/10)
Comments: First time taking any standardized test. Didn't study Verbal at all so I was expecting 7-10 score similar to my AAMC practice scores. Felt like I underperformed on test day due to nerves and absolutely no sleep before the test. Ugh...
I'm at a crossroad. Got offered a great job recently and was waiting for my score to decide whether to pursue medical school (DO) or take on this job. A 30+ and I would've pursued medical school. Anything lower than 27 and I would've accepted the job offer. Of course I hit a 27. Honestly I would have rather seen a 22 to solidify my decision. So lost right now...
Honestly, take the job. Med school is too demanding to having "what if ...." Statements lingering in your head. Cause when the going gets tough you'll prob be more tempted to throw in the towel.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I say take the job as well, for the same reasons as the poster above (I basically weigh everything against the crappy fluorescent lights in all the clinics where I've volunteered.) You could always apply DO anyway and make your decision after you've experienced the job.First off congrats to everyone! Happy for you all!
Test date: 1/23/15
Time: 8 am
AAMC Average: 28
AAMC 10-11 Average: 30
Post-test expected score: A 22 to 32 wouldn't have surprised me.
Actual score: 27 (9/8/10)
Comments: First time taking any standardized test. Didn't study Verbal at all so I was expecting 7-10 score similar to my AAMC practice scores. Felt like I underperformed on test day due to nerves and absolutely no sleep before the test. Ugh...
I'm at a crossroad. Got offered a great job recently and was waiting for my score to decide whether to pursue medical school (DO) or take on this job. A 30+ and I would've pursued medical school. Anything lower than 27 and I would've accepted the job offer. Of course I hit a 27. Honestly I would have rather seen a 22 to solidify my decision. So lost right now...
f this. Got a 29 again. I feel like Leonardo DeCaprio at the Oscars when they deny him the peice of crap Gold man lol. 1 point . wtf? F
@pageantry @kakashi1 I'm leaning more towards the job at this point. The bigger "what if" for me comes from taking the job though. "What if" medical school would've worked out situation...
Job offers great salary, lots of traveling around the world. I'm sure my family and friends would want me to pursue medicine (typical outsider response--medicine or die) but it makes no sense financially to to give up this offer for a "maybe" chance at medical school. I really need a change from my current career too. Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Lots of soul searching to be had this week...
Job offers great salary, lots of traveling around the world. I'm sure my family and friends would want me to pursue medicine (typical outsider response--medicine or die) but it makes no sense financially to to give up this offer for a "maybe" chance at medical school. I really need a change from my current career too. Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Lots of soul searching to be had this week...
Remember at like 3pm eastern time, how crazy we all felt?!?!?!..........So my first AAMC Diagnostic was a 28 and 2.5 months later, I ended up with a 28...still.. My highest was a 29 on AAMC 11. I purchased my examkrackers 9th edition online today (got a good deal) and now I'm going to take the new test in May. I'm not hyped about it but im not devastated either? I knew I could do better. I guess I'm gonna be a retaker, its not the end of the world but it will be if I get a 28 equivalent on the new test..........8|
Okay so I havent been able to believe what my score was and couldn't gather my self to post the expected vs real scores so here goes.
AAMC Average: 25.25 (but took a whole crap load of other tests after these)
AAMC 10-11 Average: 26 and 27 respectively
Post-test expected score: 25-27
Actual score: 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (10/8/11)
I really cant believe it. I have never done this good on an AAMC exam (but did for other companies) I was so shocked for seeing my score. I really had no idea how to feel after my exam. I finished all the sections just in time and I think thats a big deal because on test day many people get rushed and have to either guess or work twice as fast and make mistakes on the end questions for each section. I took so many practice test and I think I owe it to that (like 13 or 14). I just really want to thank God because I worked my butt off but this exam is so sporadic and I left that part to my praying. Btw I studied about 6 months (4 months hardcore)
I just want to let the people who didn't get what they want to believe in the work you put in. I thought i was defintely going to score -2 from my aamc 10-11 average but ended up scoring the best I ever have on any aamc exam. So if you didnt get it have hope, that 2015 exam isnt all that bad I promise. You can do it, this is the hardest part of the application process. Adcoms are testing your perseverance. Good luck everybody. "Work is in direct correlation with success and success is the sum of hard work that you do TODAY not tomorrow"
AAMC Average: 25.25 (but took a whole crap load of other tests after these)
AAMC 10-11 Average: 26 and 27 respectively
Post-test expected score: 25-27
Actual score: 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (10/8/11)
I really cant believe it. I have never done this good on an AAMC exam (but did for other companies) I was so shocked for seeing my score. I really had no idea how to feel after my exam. I finished all the sections just in time and I think thats a big deal because on test day many people get rushed and have to either guess or work twice as fast and make mistakes on the end questions for each section. I took so many practice test and I think I owe it to that (like 13 or 14). I just really want to thank God because I worked my butt off but this exam is so sporadic and I left that part to my praying. Btw I studied about 6 months (4 months hardcore)
I just want to let the people who didn't get what they want to believe in the work you put in. I thought i was defintely going to score -2 from my aamc 10-11 average but ended up scoring the best I ever have on any aamc exam. So if you didnt get it have hope, that 2015 exam isnt all that bad I promise. You can do it, this is the hardest part of the application process. Adcoms are testing your perseverance. Good luck everybody. "Work is in direct correlation with success and success is the sum of hard work that you do TODAY not tomorrow"
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E