-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official January 23, 2015 MCAT Thread
Started by cjcarter
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nobody needs to hear anything like this the day before scores are released.Just trust me on this
He has men on the insideJust trust me on this
lol how are any of us supposed to know if there are experimental q's or not? Unless you work for AAMC or have family members/close friends who do, I doubt anyone could know for sure.
And even then, I highly doubt anyone would risk their confidentiality agreement to tell any of us.
And even then, I highly doubt anyone would risk their confidentiality agreement to tell any of us.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 32 (note: retake average, all retakes excluding AAMC VB, using a VB avg of 10 from other VB sources)
AAMC 10-11 average: 30 (note: only retook test 10)
Post test expected score: 26-29
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 32 (note: retake average, all retakes excluding AAMC VB, using a VB avg of 10 from other VB sources)
AAMC 10-11 average: 30 (note: only retook test 10)
Post test expected score: 26-29
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
Does anyone know if it's possible they could post the scores today? I heard in the past they sometimes post a day early
lol don't say that! I'm already so nervous.Does anyone know if it's possible they could post the scores today? I heard in the past they sometimes post a day early
Literally had a heart attack when I saw cafeveron's post....
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 32 (note: retake average, all retakes excluding AAMC VB, using a VB avg of 10 from other VB sources)
AAMC 10-11 average: 30 (note: only retook test 10)
Post test expected score: 26-29
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
LOL SMH. Please Please Please God, I will do a nice thing for someone every single day for the rest of my life. Just let me hit this once.
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 32 (note: retake average, all retakes excluding AAMC VB, using a VB avg of 10 from other VB sources)
AAMC 10-11 average: 30 (note: only retook test 10)
Post test expected score: 26-29
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
LOL SMH. Please Please Please God, I will do a nice thing for someone every single day for the rest of my life. Just let me hit this once.
Gonna start breaking everything and burning all mcat books if there ends up being no experimental questions. God, that post is worse than a doctor giving you the bad news. Think I might start drinking today in prep for tomorrow. Checking out till d-day i guess. Peace fellas. It's been super fun checking in and out. will be back tomm .
Hey guys, 1/15 taker here. I know how anxious you all must be feeling right now
I actually slept worse the night before score release than before the actual MCAT lol. The wait is hell, but you're almost there! Have faith in your FL average, and GET OFF SDN haha. Some of my good friends also took this final iteration of the old MCAT, so I'll be rooting for you all 👍
I've been trying to improve my karma for tmrw by giving random homeless people change who I would otherwise ignore
D
deleted648172
@mcat_taker: If giving change to homeless people were an MCAT section, you would get a 1.
I, on the otherhand, have been methodically using the Kaplan method to eliminate incorrect homeless people, and only giving change to the correct bums. I found that reading the question stem on their cardboard signs helped me to narrow down the answer.
Anticipated homeless section score: 10
I, on the otherhand, have been methodically using the Kaplan method to eliminate incorrect homeless people, and only giving change to the correct bums. I found that reading the question stem on their cardboard signs helped me to narrow down the answer.
Anticipated homeless section score: 10
I know for a fact that none of the passages were experimental, sorry guys 🙁
Just trust me on this
Outrageous claim: Check.
Internet forum: Check.
"Just trust me" response given: Check.
You passed!! Welcome to the internet! 🙂
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 35
AAMC 10-11 average:10 I got a 36, 11 I got a 32
Post test expected score:28 (feel like I got screwed by PS, and know I changed 5 right answers to wrong. Don't remember much about verbal or Bio)
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 35
AAMC 10-11 average:10 I got a 36, 11 I got a 32
Post test expected score:28 (feel like I got screwed by PS, and know I changed 5 right answers to wrong. Don't remember much about verbal or Bio)
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 37
AAMC 10-11 average:36
Post test expected score:32(10/10/12) (run short of time in PS, which used be my best part. damn it)
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 37
AAMC 10-11 average:36
Post test expected score:32(10/10/12) (run short of time in PS, which used be my best part. damn it)
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test date: 1/23/2015
Time: 8:00 AM
AAMC average: 3X
AAMC 10-11 average:3Y
Post test expected score:3Z(P/V/B) (Blah, blah, blah blah blah)
Actual score: X (X PS/X VR/X BS)
Can't you guys just wait.
im being jovial, before I get attacked
I know for a fact that one question was experimental and I doubt it's the only one.
how do you know?
Edit: Removed because I don't even want to vaguely hint at anything for fear of the wrath of the AAMC. But there's truly no point speculating! I just didn't want people freaking out over something I know is not true.how do you know?
Last edited:
Edit: Removed because I don't even want to vaguely hint at anything for fear of the wrath of the AAMC. But there's truly no point speculating! I just didn't want people freaking out over something I know is not true.
Bro, you better lay low for a while
RELEASE THE KRAKEN.My whole future depends on what i see on my computer screen tomorrow at 5:00pm... im screaming and crying on the inside.
Last edited:
We should start telling each other the pros about the 2015 exam you know... In case.... The unthinkable will happen... The one which no one must speak.
1.) The new exam gives you amazon gift cards. Yay.
1.) The new exam gives you amazon gift cards. Yay.
We should start telling each other the pros about the 2015 exam you know... In case.... The unthinkable will happen... The one which no one must speak.
1.) The new exam gives you amazon gift cards. Yay.
Well some of us are going to be eliminated from going to med school in the US tomorrow. For example, I have a horrid 1st mcat score, and didnt feel 2 great about this retake. Pretty sure taking the mcat a 3rd time on an even harder/longer test after 2 failed attempts means I cant be a doctor.
Well some of us are going to be eliminated from going to med school in the US tomorrow. For example, I have a horrid 1st mcat score, and didnt feel 2 great about this retake. Pretty sure taking the mcat a 3rd time on an even harder/longer test after 2 failed attempts means I cant be a doctor.
Orrr.... It could also show perseverance. Iv read about some people taking it 3 times and getting in! I think 3 is the limit, 1St can be blown off because you didn't know how bad MCAT was, 2nd didn't quite get there 3rd killed it enough to get accepted into at least 1 school anywhere in the US.
If the thing we must not speak of happens I promise you there will be a whole bunch of people who failed at the old MCAT and have to continue to the new one. Even if they failed twice.
If anyone needs some lifting of spirits read this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-did-you-feel-right-after-your-mcat.932023/page-2
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I've already convinced myself that I'll be taking the new MCAT 🙁. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Maybe I'll surprise myself.
I am ready to see my terrible grade. I had to drive 8 hrs to a ship dock to get my car onto a ferry across the lake just to get to the city of my testing center... Arrived at the hotel super late, got a few hrs of sleep and ended up dosing in and out of sleep during the exam. I am ready to sign up for 2015. I just hope that my score isnt less than my first score from last year, which was 11-6-10. I highly feel like it will be :-(
So I planned out my entire MCAT 2015 study schedule leading up to the May exam. I wanted to do this so that in case my score isn't ideal tomorrow, I'll already have mentally prepared myself and ill hit the books immediately and channel all the emotions into studying longer and harder.
Is it normal to be afraid. My heart keeps racing. I have a bad feeling and its eating me up inside. I really hope I didn't do bad 🙁
all day yesterday the mcat was haunting me im so scared i do not want to go to class today or do anything can i hide in my bed all day?
i also want to drink before i check my score
i also want to drink before i check my score
I stayed all up all night refreshing aamc webpage
And praying for My lord
This is nerves breaking
I don't know anymore. Is it possible that aamc could release score earlier than 3-5 pm
And praying for My lord
This is nerves breaking
I don't know anymore. Is it possible that aamc could release score earlier than 3-5 pm
Not really. They'll be posted around 3:20ish EST most likely. That seems to be the trend.I stayed all up all night refreshing aamc webpage
And praying for My lord
This is nerves breaking
I don't know anymore. Is it possible that aamc could release score earlier than 3-5 pm
I know for the last two release dates the AAMC twitter account tweeted that the scores were released at 12:15 PM. I'm in central time, so I'm not sure if the time it posted is in EST or not.
Who was it that was talking about a slot machine score? That was my nightmare all last night: I checked, saw a good score, and as I watched it went down, down, down...
@fatizzle not a bad plan. Maybe I'll do that to ease my nerves today.
Eep!
@fatizzle not a bad plan. Maybe I'll do that to ease my nerves today.
Eep!
Who was it that was talking about a slot machine score? That was my nightmare all last night: I checked, saw a good score, and as I watched it went down, down, down...
@fatizzle not a bad plan. Maybe I'll do that to ease my nerves today.
Eep!
Hahha I hear your pain. I had the exact dream and someone else on this forum did too but can't remember scree name.
Well let's see how we all do since we have had the same dream
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just subscribe to this thread. When your phone starts blowing up, scores are posted.A stupid question: do we receive an e-mail when our scores are ready? I know to check https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/ but I'd prefer not to continue anxiously refreshing the page.
Twitter will tell us first, though. https://twitter.com/AAMC_MCAT
This is extra agitating because its not like we can just take this thing again if we don't do as well. We have to go thru the torture of studying for a new test. This test is probably the toughest struggle I've had to deal with yet. Good luck !!!
Hi All, long time lurker but I'm like
Four Five Seconds from wildin'
And we got three more days 'til Friday
Just tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'
I swear I wish somebody would tell me
'Cause that's all I want
Good Luck to all of us!!
Four Five Seconds from wildin'
And we got three more days 'til Friday
Just tryna make it back home by Monday mornin'
I swear I wish somebody would tell me
'Cause that's all I want
Good Luck to all of us!!
I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!! WHEN WILL SCORES BE RELEASED!!!!!!?!?!
This is just horrifying, do you guys think scores will be released before 5? I have heard they are out by 3:30 on released days. I am so scared omg
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E