The Official KCUMB Class of 2012 Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulation, Class of 2012!!! Welcome to KCUMB. :hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully this thread sees some action soon!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you planning on living in CT?

No, it seems like a good place to live but I'm engaged and we have four dogs, so I think I need a more "family friendly" environment (preferrably with a backyard :) ). We actually are talking about buying a place when we move to medical school -- it will depend on how expensive the housing is. The student ambassador who took us around interview day said that she bought a house, so it's a possibility.

How about you?

Planning on buying in the roeland park area. <15 min drive to class. Thats less than I commuted my entire life. :thumbup:

Nice! Is that a suburb? Not very familiar with KC as yet...

diver what didnt u like about CT? i thought it was really nice

diver what didnt u like about CT? i thought it was really nice

It was pretty nice, its just that Im the type of person who likes to feel like I get away from campus every once in awhile. I like having my own place with zero noise. For me, staying at the library or LSH until 7 is one thing, but it is more of a relaxing thing to go home away from campus. Hope that makes sense.

Just got accepted the other day and I'm looking forward to going to KCUMB! I basically knew nothing about the school when I applied but was very impressed with the school on interview day.

Just got accepted the other day and I'm looking forward to going to KCUMB! I basically knew nothing about the school when I applied but was very impressed with the school on interview day.

WELCOME :cool:

I was the same way, I was so impressed when I visited, even south fl (nova) didn't make me want to go there as much

Members don't see this ad :)
I was the same way, I was so impressed when I visited, even south fl (nova) didn't make me want to go there as much

I'm glad that you all liked KCUMB on your interview day. That day was a major reason why I chose KCUMB ultimately. I really like it here, and don't regret my decision to come here one bit. :thumbup:

grats!

i was thinking about making a facebook group yet, but i think its way premature to do that.. maybe in like march we should make one. Who knows what will change between now and then for many of us.. if i get into uconn id still go there bein that its my state school

grats!

i was thinking about making a facebook group yet, but i think its way premature to do that.. maybe in like march we should make one. Who knows what will change between now and then for many of us.. if i get into uconn id still go there bein that its my state school

heh thanks, I tried to join the kcumb group in facebook :laugh: , didn't really work out, maybe I can join it after I pay the 1000 dollar fee in march.
Funny, I always thought it was just 1000 dollars, I didn't realize it was 1000 dollars for reserving seat and 1000 dollars for matriculation.

it isnt until dec. that we owe the first payment right?

Yes, if your interview happened in september then you have to pay by december 14th. But , I don't want to wait that long , I will just reserve a seat right away.:hardy:

yea im going to put my deposit down for CT next week i think to make sure i get a room in there, and then ill prob pay the grand in november

I was accepted to KCUMB last week. I still have a few interviews left, but I can't imagine anything being better than KCUMB. I am going to send in my deposit soon. I really loved what I saw there. I look forward to seeing you all. So where is everyone looking at living?

-Alex

I was accepted to KCUMB last week. I still have a few interviews left, but I can't imagine anything being better than KCUMB. I am going to send in my deposit soon. I really loved what I saw there. I look forward to seeing you all. So where is everyone looking at living?

-Alex

Hey congrats! lets party! :hardy:

Congrats !!! Im pretty excited about starting medschool ! I KNOW I will end up regretting that statement. But I hate going to class in undergrad now, I wanna learn medicine! :D

Congrats !!! Im pretty excited about starting medschool ! I KNOW I will end up regretting that statement. But I hate going to class in undergrad now, I wanna learn medicine! :D
\

im graduated and rotting away doing nothing, its even worse for me!

I kind of felt that way, too, before I started. If you are looking for something to do, maybe you can get a short-term job and make some cash. Having extra cash certainly helps... Otherwise, go do some fun stuff, like travel, or go on some sort of extended vacation. I'm telling you now, when MS-1 starts, you'll be longing for those days when you didn't have quite so much to do.

\

Yeah, I had that problem and a job didn't help. I moved to San Antonio and decided to work at the crime lab. I knew that it wasn't want I wanted to do permanently, and it really affected my mindset. Now it's not a problem. I am counting down the days till I leave. Everyone knows and they are all happy for me. I even got congrats from a couple of U.S. Attorneys... how cool is that? Anyway, July can't get here quick enough!!!!

I kind of felt that way, too, before I started. If you are looking for something to do, maybe you can get a short-term job and make some cash. Having extra cash certainly helps... Otherwise, go do some fun stuff, like travel, or go on some sort of extended vacation. I'm telling you now, when MS-1 starts, you'll be longing for those days when you didn't have quite so much to do.

the problem for me is that i play online poker, and im quite good at it, and i make more money than i would as a waiter or other job i could probably get. So i cant justify getting another job, i just make sure to get out enough and not become a hermit

the problem for me is that i play online poker, and im quite good at it, and i make more money than i would as a waiter or other job i could probably get. So i cant justify getting another job, i just make sure to get out enough and not become a hermit

Gotcha... Then it would be wise to realize that you won't have any time to do much other than studying once you start school. Consider your interim period as a good opportunity to enjoy your life, however it is you do that. :)

Gotcha... Then it would be wise to realize that you won't have any time to do much other than studying once you start school. Consider your interim period as a good opportunity to enjoy your life, however it is you do that. :)

yeah i went to the beach today, it almost hit 60

Facebook group yet? Perhaps its a lil early?

if you make it ill join lol.. but i still got other interviews, im not 100% committed even though im definately like 95% sure im going to kcumb

Well, goin to the plaza to eat Italian tonight. :D I wonder if any KCUMBers will be there or if this is a STUDY WEEKEND:eek:

Well, goin to the plaza to eat Italian tonight. :D I wonder if any KCUMBers will be there or if this is a STUDY WEEKEND:eek:

Last weekend to study for Quiz #2, coming up on Friday, 26th. :scared: I'll be locking myself in my room all weekend. I sure have a lot of work to do...

Hope you had a great time. :D

yAY. Facebook group 2012. Join up c/o 2012. :cool:

Did any of you guys do the pre breakfast deal on your interview day? I'm trying to find the building it is in. I interview there in the morning so hopefully someone will check this before 8 and let me know.. otherwise I'll just go and ask around.. :) Congrats to all of you guys!!

Did any of you guys do the pre breakfast deal on your interview day? I'm trying to find the building it is in. I interview there in the morning so hopefully someone will check this before 8 and let me know.. otherwise I'll just go and ask around.. :) Congrats to all of you guys!!

For us, in the butterworth building.

If your talking about the "coffee talk" then yeah, its in the Butterworth Alumni building. :luck:

:banana::banana::banana:

We're going to Medical School in less than a year!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

:banana::banana::banana:

We're going to Medical School in less than a year!!!!

:clap::clap:

Suddenly I am filled with excitement, and terror at the same time... strange. Oh well, Yes we are gonna be in med school in less than a year! haha :clap:

Has anybody received a packet or anything? (for those who have put down a deposit). Also, they told me over the phone that I would be recieving a receipt for my deposit, still its been 10 + days and Ive got nothing. :confused:

im not giving my deposit until dec 1 so i wouldnt be able to help u on that one

Hello and Congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far. . .I think you have made a good choice! My name is Jimi and I am a first year, if you have any questions feel free to ask! I saw someone asking what they should do for this next year. I would recommend working and then taking a few months off at the end. Taking some time to myself and clearing my head before the start of the school year helped me put everything into perspective. Anyway, have to hit the books again. Later.

Ok, so I finished the last interview I have scheduled. I declined two others cause I haven't been as impressed with anywhere else as I have with KCUMB. Everyone I've talked to that interviewed there has said the same. So I'm commited to KC. I'm excited. I'll be sending in my deposit next payday. I've already sent my info for CT. 250 days and counting till I can quit this forensic scientist BS and just a little longer than that till I begin the part of my life I've been dying to start for 6 years. :hardy:

Good times, good times!!!!

Just got my acceptance. I interviewed on 25 October and live in K.C. so for the people that interviewed on or around that date, your letters should be in the mail. (Mine was postmarked the 5th).

LSU, you are going to freeze to death up here. Take it from a displaced Tulanian.

Just got my acceptance. I interviewed on 25 October and live in K.C. so for the people that interviewed on or around that date, your letters should be in the mail. (Mine was postmarked the 5th).

LSU, you are going to freeze to death up here. Take it from a displaced Tulanian.

how cold does it get in the winter? :p

how cold does it get in the winter? :p

Colder than a well digger's ass.

Actually, I am at the front end of my first winter. When it turned 50 degrees I was freezing. I can't imagine what is in store for me........

Haha winters are pretty brutal. 50 degrees is nothing. Last year at home in good ol western kansas, we had a record breaking winter. 30+ inches of snow on top of a layer of ice. 5000, yes FIVE THOUSAND downed power lines. We were without power and water for about 10 days. That was fun, I remember doing EK VR 101 by candlelight. HAHA