**** The Official LECOM Bradenton Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

In-State or Out-of-State, New or Re-applicant

• In-state

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • Out-of-State

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • New Applicant

Votes: 68 40.7%
  • Re-applicant

Votes: 36 21.6%

• Total voters
Awesome, where is your residency?

i'm from ca (22 years there), currently doing an smp in fl though so i think my residency is technically in fl as of about 3 weeks ago...i'll be driving to the interview

Members don't see this ad.

i just talked to lecom and she said the only people they've booked nov interviews with were people who couldn't make the sept/oct interview dates because they don't like to fill up all of their pre-dec dates right away. she also said not to expect to hear anything from them in the next two weeks because there is some conference thing that they will be tending to and application review is on hold until afterwards.

That is interesting because I just received an interview invite for Nov 2 from them on September 18

Members don't see this ad :)
That is interesting because I just received an interview invite for Nov 2 from them on September 18

haha yeah, as did i...apparently they weren't as swarmed with the convention as they thought they'd be, so they were able to get on with nov invites..?? who knows...

Are any Texas residents going on Nov. 2nd?

October 12th for me! Looking forward to a great experience.

-Matthew

Anyone going for November 7th at 8 am???? :D

FINALLY...I mean FINALLY received my first interview. I'll be there Nov. 7th!

I will be at the Wingate tonight. Anyone want to meet up and grab a drink? I spoke with a few pre-dents who interviewed here at LECOM and they suggest meeting up with other pre-dents. Let me know if you guys want to. PM/write on here so maybe a group of us can meet up.

Thanks!

this school is AMAZING! I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Good luck to everyone! I chose to use couchsurfing.org to find a place to stay and had the best luck. I found a family who drove me to my interview and picked me up, so be on the lookout for good opportunities like that! A lot of people at my interview stayed at hotels nearby and rented cars to drive to the school. If you're renting a car, I highly recommend flying into Sarasota rather than Tampa. Flights aren't that much more, but you'll save in gas $$ and mileage from the rental car company :)

As for the interview.. super laid back. First we all sat down in a conference room and were given a presentation on the school/program/PBL. Then we were broken into groups for the interviews and school tours. The interviewers were really nice and simply wanted to get to know you. There were two interviewers per 6 interviewees at each interview.

Does anyone know if we are able to take our luggage to the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
this school is AMAZING! I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Good luck to everyone! I chose to use couchsurfing.org to find a place to stay and had the best luck. I found a family who drove me to my interview and picked me up, so be on the lookout for good opportunities like that! A lot of people at my interview stayed at hotels nearby and rented cars to drive to the school. If you're renting a car, I highly recommend flying into Sarasota rather than Tampa. Flights aren't that much more, but you'll save in gas $$ and mileage from the rental car company :)

As for the interview.. super laid back. First we all sat down in a conference room and were given a presentation on the school/program/PBL. Then we were broken into groups for the interviews and school tours. The interviewers were really nice and simply wanted to get to know you. There were two interviewers per 6 interviewees at each interview.

When I bought my tickets in August flying in to Sarasota was like $500 compared to the $250 I paid flying to Tampa. I think it all depends on where you are flying in from. I bid on priceline for a rental car and only paid $16 plus gas. The trip from Tampa to Bradenton wasn't bad at all, just a straight shot from the airport. But I do agree, the school is amazing.

My whole family is going with me to be supportive. Do they get to go on the tour too? I mean they are the one's paying for my tuition. I would imagine they'd let my parents see what they're getting themselves into.

My whole family is going with me to be supportive. Do they get to go on the tour too? I mean they are the one's paying for my tuition. I would imagine they'd let my parents see what they're getting themselves into.

In my opinion this is an awful idea. I would maybe see if you could stay and extra day and they could take a tour then. This is going to look like you can't make a decision without mommy and daddy.

Don't do it. They are interviewing YOU, not your family. Family comes AFTER you're accepted. You would probably be the only one that would be doing this out of the hundreds of people they interview.

the unc interview encourages family to come. there were lots of family members at the interview that could participate in the tour and financial aid information. the interview day was designed for this. im not sure if the LECOM interview has a design like this. i would call them and ask.

Last edited:
I am going to Bradenton this Tuesday, 10/2 for my interview on Wednesday. I was just wondering which taxi service you guys used? I am thinking of using Diplomat Taxi, but if anyone has other suggestions, I'd love to know how you guys got around Bradenton! I don't want to spend so much money on expensive taxi services [airport to hotel, hotel to school, school to airport, etc]

Good luck on your interview!
Try contacting a few cabs from your hotel to check the prices. It shouldn't be more than 10 dollars if you are staying at the Wingate. Have you considered renting a car? Several people at my interview had one.

Received my first interview of the year a few days ago! Looking forward to Nov. 9th!! :banana:

And yes... I used my actual name for my username. The idea of being discrete/witty didn't register at the time. Live and learn. :slap:

Received my first interview of the year a few days ago! Looking forward to Nov. 9th!! :banana:

And yes... I used my actual name for my username. The idea of being discrete/witty didn't register at the time. Live and learn. :slap:

Can I ask about your stats? I am low GPA applicant and I am really worried

Nice! I guess I will be seeing you there. My first interview as well :thumbup:

Can I ask about your stats? I am low GPA applicant and I am really worried

Of course! My scores are all around a little lower than the average accepted applicant for the majority of dental schools. I think being a student-athlete and having a solid foundation in community service is helping me a little. My undergrad experience was challenging in terms of academics ( prob the reason why grad school seems so easy... got a 96 on my first biochem test).

ogpa: 3.3
sgpa: 3.1 :diebanana:
dat: 18AA/18TS/19PA (no scores below 17)

I'm not really in much of a position to give advice in terms of scores but I've done some cool things extra circular wise that I think are helping distinguish myself. Unfortunately, it's just a lot harder for people like us to be found. Remember, schools are getting applications by the thousands...

Congrats to those who just received an interview invitation from LECOM. I just interviewed with LECOM and they are an amazing school! Dr. Hirsch (Dean) is really passionate about what he has in store for the students at LECOM. The system and curriculum Dr. Hirsch has in place will definitely educate and train competent general dentists. Plus you get to provide dental care in under-served communities all of your 4th year, as well as getting all the education needed to build your practice in an under-served community (that's what I want to do). Definitely a top choice of mine if accepted. Everyone here is so passionate about the school. Stephanie is really nice, honest, and will definitely give you statistics if asked. The facility is top-notch and state-of-the-art.

Hotel: Majority of the students stayed at The Wingate. The Wingate is a pretty good hotel to stay at; unfortunately I had a room that had a light shining at the window all night. Other than that, it's a great hotel. Plus they offer complimentary breakfast as well as give students a discounted rate for staying with them!

A little about the interview:
Really laid back and was only 30 minutes. Nice interviewers/faculty, plus they tell you to relax before the interview.
Goodluck to all those who have an interview coming up! You will definitely fall in love with the school. =)

Hi everyone, I will be staying at the wingate Tuesday night for my Wednesday, 10/03 interview if anyone wants to meet up and grab a few drinks.

Does anyone know the number interviewed vs accepted for LECOM?

Of course! My scores are all around a little lower than the average accepted applicant for the majority of dental schools. I think being a student-athlete and having a solid foundation in community service is helping me a little. My undergrad experience was challenging in terms of academics ( prob the reason why grad school seems so easy... got a 96 on my first biochem test).

ogpa: 3.3
sgpa: 3.1 :diebanana:
dat: 18AA/18TS/19PA (no scores below 17)

I'm not really in much of a position to give advice in terms of scores but I've done some cool things extra circular wise that I think are helping distinguish myself. Unfortunately, it's just a lot harder for people like us to be found. Remember, schools are getting applications by the thousands...

Your GPA is slightly higher than mine... but I have 20AA/20TS/19PAT >>> and tons of extracurriculm
And my official score was received last week so I sent my supplemental few days ago

That's a good news for me... best of luck in your interview and thanks for sharing your stats :)

Congrats to those who just received an interview invitation from LECOM. I just interviewed with LECOM and they are an amazing school! Dr. Hirsch (Dean) is really passionate about what he has in store for the students at LECOM. The system and curriculum Dr. Hirsch has in place will definitely educate and train competent general dentists. Plus you get to provide dental care in under-served communities all of your 4th year, as well as getting all the education needed to build your practice in an under-served community (that's what I want to do). Definitely a top choice of mine if accepted. Everyone here is so passionate about the school. Stephanie is really nice, honest, and will definitely give you statistics if asked. The facility is top-notch and state-of-the-art.

Hotel: Majority of the students stayed at The Wingate. The Wingate is a pretty good hotel to stay at; unfortunately I had a room that had a light shining at the window all night. Other than that, it's a great hotel. Plus they offer complimentary breakfast as well as give students a discounted rate for staying with them!

A little about the interview:
Really laid back and was only 30 minutes. Nice interviewers/faculty, plus they tell you to relax before the interview.
Goodluck to all those who have an interview coming up! You will definitely fall in love with the school. =)

Where there people other than you in the interview? Or was it just you and the faculty?

Where there people other than you in the interview? Or was it just you and the faculty?

It's a group interview. There will be 5 other interviewees with you (6 of you guys total) and 2 faculty members.
Don't worry about it though, I thought the group interview thing would be awful but it really wasn't.

Strange, I don't see the admissions tab anymore in the LECOM portal. Should I infer anything from this? I haven't gotten an email saying that I have been rejected and my supplemental application went in a long time ago.

Maybe the site is undergoing maintenance?

Strange, I don't see the admissions tab anymore in the LECOM portal. Should I infer anything from this? I haven't gotten an email saying that I have been rejected and my supplemental application went in a long time ago.

Maybe the site is undergoing maintenance?

call them.

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently in school at LECOM Bradenton right now, part of the inaugural dental school class. Obviously, Stephanie and the other admissions faculty are the best source for questions/knowledge about everything dealing with LECOM, but if anyone wants to send me a private message, I can answer questions about what it's actually like to be in school here, as well as any questions about the interview, stats of our class, what the area is like, best places to live, things to do, etc.

Hope I can help!

I was informed that my supplemental has been processed so I think it takes a week to get the decision
I am a worried because of my kinda low GPA.... people who got invited today how are your DAT and GAPs (overall and science)?

anyone interview there last year and get interviewed again this year?

I was informed that my supplemental has been processed so I think it takes a week to get the decision
I am a worried because of my kinda low GPA.... people who got invited today how are your DAT and GAPs (overall and science)?

I completed my supplemental and everything on 09/10/12. I still do not hear anything from them since then.:(

I completed my supplemental and everything on 09/10/12. I still do not hear anything from them since then.:(

I have called them and they told me there are three possibilities:
1) Invitation to interview: email
2) rejection :( : mail
3) on hold: i think they told me by email... not sure if they will contact you to tell you if you are on hold... and on hold is maximum 90 days!

What are your stats? in-state or out of state?

I have called them and they told me there are three possibilities:
1) Invitation to interview: email
2) rejection :( : mail
3) on hold: i think they told me by email... not sure if they will contact you to tell you if you are on hold... and on hold is maximum 90 days!

What are your stats? in-state or out of state?

I called 3-4 weeks ago, they said it may take the committee up to 4 weeks to review my app, :-( I guess I'm getting the rejection mail soon.
My stat is
sGPA 3.94 oGPA 3.82
DAT break down 21/23/24/17 (AA/TS/PAT/RC)
I'm OOS, but I'm only a junior in college, I'm taking the shortcut, but I have finished most of pre-req for dental school.

PM me for this information. I'll be happy to share! Good luck!

I called 3-4 weeks ago, they said it may take the committee up to 4 weeks to review my app, :-( I guess I'm getting the rejection mail soon.
My stat is
sGPA 3.94 oGPA 3.82
DAT break down 21/23/24/17 (AA/TS/PAT/RC)
I'm OOS, but I'm only a junior in college, I'm taking the shortcut, but I have finished most of pre-req for dental school.

your stats are super awesome... no doubt you will get your interview next week!! be prepared :)

Hi everybody... I've been watching this thread for a little while amidst studying and all. Anyone hear any news lately?

I'm super excited about this school and so badly want to go to LECOM, it's definitely my top choice as I'm really sold on the PBL curriculum, location, and the excitement all of the faculty seems to have for the school. (Also that they have PA connections, where I used to live).

I applied last year and was interviewed, but that didn't go so well because I was just SO incredibly nervous and blew it :mad: :thumbdown:
I'm a Florida resident, female, have a low GPA, average/good DAT scores, general dentistry shadowing hours, etc.

After recently questioning and sending an email to Stephanie, I was put on 'hold' which could take up to 90 days until they view my application again. I'm currently in a master's program and am hoping to hear more from them when I can send in my grades for the current semester. :xf:

Anyone have some advice on anything else I can do to show them this is the school I want to be at?

Thanks in advance for any advice and good luck at your interviews! :)

It's a group interview. There will be 5 other interviewees with you (6 of you guys total) and 2 faculty members.
Don't worry about it though, I thought the group interview thing would be awful but it really wasn't.

Im glad...I heard from others it's pretty relaxed :)

My interview is also 11/14. I got an email on Tuesday and confirmed the next day. So far it's the first school I've heard from.

Just got my (first) interview invite...seems later than most people who have posted here but I'm super excited!!! I've heard great things about the campus and I can't wait to visit! I'm interviewing at the end of November

Hey all! Had my interview recently and it went great. They are super friendly and you can tell that they really want to make sure that their PBL program is right for you. It's a group interview but they let everyone answer so it's not cut-throat like I thought it would be. But if you plan on bringing your parents, don't bring them with you. They aren't allowed which was weird because other interviews allowed me to bring my parents. Lunch is provided too. Hope this helps!