**** The Official LECOM Bradenton Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

In-State or Out-of-State, New or Re-applicant

• In-state

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • Out-of-State

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • New Applicant

Votes: 68 40.7%
  • Re-applicant

Votes: 36 21.6%

• Total voters
Coming in early November. Can't wait to make this a fun trip

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!
I was put on hold for 90 days to be reviewed again
Does that mean no hope? little hope? good hope because they did not reject me?

any ideas from those who know LECOM well?

hey do u know if lecome accept international student ?

Today I spoke to a lady in charge of admissions (i think), she said the committee is working thru this week to "make a decision"
hey do u know if lecome accept student form outside usa?

My interview is Nov. 2nd. Not a big fan of the group interview idea, I feel like my first instinct will be to try to one up the last answer. I am pretty sure that isn't the best thing to do. Is there some kind of group interview etiquette I should be hip to?

My interview is Nov. 2nd. Not a big fan of the group interview idea, I feel like my first instinct will be to try to one up the last answer. I am pretty sure that isn't the best thing to do. Is there some kind of group interview etiquette I should be hip to?

I kind of feel like it was a little competitive. In my group we first introduced ourselves in order and then questions were posed to the group and whoever wanted to answer could (no order was given). So some people ended up taking most of the time and some didn't get in what they wanted to say. It wasn't cut throat, but it was kind of annoying. I loved the school and the other applicants were great.

I think the best etiquette is to say what you want to say while leaving time for others in the group to respond (don't be long winded). If no one seems to be answering/participating then there is nothing wrong with taking extra time for your responses. Just my opinion. Enjoy the interview!

Hey! I'm coming in Nov. 2nd as well. Where are you coming from?

Hey guys!
I was put on hold for 90 days to be reviewed again
Does that mean no hope? little hope? good hope because they did not reject me?

any ideas from those who know LECOM well?

Nobody answered?!!

Any ideas about "put on hold" for LECOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if LECOM is an open file or a closed file interview?

Does anybody know if LECOM is an open file or a closed file interview?

It is a closed file interview I believe, which makes sense since there are 12 people each pair of interviewers interview. There is not way they could read them all and remember enough to be useful. Same way with Michigan. Seems only places with individual interviews would be open file.

let me preface by saying that i had a friend in the same situation last year. your application must be missing something or is on the cutoff for gpa/dat. there will be 90 days until your application is up for consideration again. however, you will likely get an interview in the winter/spring. my friend got one in february, but he was waitlisted like many last year. it's probably not what you want to hear, but there is at least a little hope. good luck!

I think you are right because my science GPA is low which might be on the cutoff and that's why I was put on hold

thank you for your answer :)

Hey guys, do you think it's too late right now to apply to LECOM? my application is ready to go but I am not sure how long it will take the school to receive my application.

Not too late, I submitted my app end of Nov. last year and received an interview in March or April.

Not too late, I submitted my app end of Nov. last year and received an interview in March or April.

Thanks PreDentLimbo, I went ahead and applied today.:xf: Do you remember how long it took them to send you an interview invitation after you have sent everything in?

Anyone know if LECOM in an instate school?

Also, do they have a separate application fee?

Just got the email, interview in 12/5. Thank you guys on the info about the interview. During the group interview, how many questions and what kind of questions do they ask?

How long is the interview day? I would like to book a flight back the same day and want to know how long the day will be...

How long is the interview day? I would like to book a flight back the same day and want to know how long the day will be...

Starts at 7:45am and I believe we finished around 2pm. I had plenty of time to catch my flight in Tampa.

Thanks PreDentLimbo, I went ahead and applied today.:xf: Do you remember how long it took them to send you an interview invitation after you have sent everything in?
Yeah, I just checked my old emails:

I submitted to AADSAS Nov 22.
LECOM responded and informed of secondary $50 fee Dec 27
I did Secondary Dec. 31st.
Received email on April 2nd for interview

Hope that helps, good luck!

This school is really great! I just interviewed today and loved it :D Really nice facilities and the staff are really personable. Also they really have a great approach to teaching and opportunities for early clinical experiences! Good luck everyone :D

Hey Guys!!
I know applying sucks- but it is all worth it the day you get in :) I am a current LECOM DMD student and am happy to answer any questions that you guys might have.

1st off- This is going to be one of the EASIEST interviews you will have- Why? Cause we want to get to know you- the whole point of the interview is to show your personality and see how you work in a group

2nd- If you haven't been to our school or the area our school is in- its beautiful!! The area around the school is unbelievably pretty and the school is just as nice.

3rd- LECOM Class of 2016 is made up of some of the coolest people from all over the US- We are a VERY close group and do anything to help each other succeed-- we started with 100 and we will graduate with 100- this program is Pass/ Fail so forget about worrying about geting an A+ - We just shoot for a P

Do you know if there are any Pre-December interviews left to be offered? or are they all full now?

I submitted my supplement app in August and I JUST got an email this morning saying that they processed it...did this happen with anyone else?? I'm wondering if I should call and ask why it took so long.

Do you know if there are any Pre-December interviews left to be offered? or are they all full now?
It's safe to say that the "pre-December" interviews are filled. By "pre-December," meaning before December 3 - the big day. I got the invite about a month ago for Dec 5, 7, and 14 as the avilavble dates. I'll be there the 5th. Pretty stoked. But you never know if the school has an applicant cancel/reschedule his interview, the school will more than likely fill the spot with another applicant.

Guys I am late to the game. My application did not get off to any school until Oct. It is showing received now. Question, if I have questions for LECOM I have seen a name mentioned on here. I believe it was Stephanie? Does anyone know if this is right and the last name if I call. Or a better contact person for LECOM? Thanks guys.

Guys I am late to the game. My application did not get off to any school until Oct. It is showing received now. Question, if I have questions for LECOM I have seen a name mentioned on here. I believe it was Stephanie? Does anyone know if this is right and the last name if I call. Or a better contact person for LECOM? Thanks guys.

its Stephanie Quilichini. admissions coordinator.

Accepted for the class of 2017!!!

Not intentionally. I misread this thread title. I did get into LECOM-B, but their osteopathic medical school, not Dental. That's what I get for googling sdn threads haha

Not intentionally. I misread this thread title. I did get into LECOM-B, but their osteopathic medical school, not Dental. That's what I get for googling sdn threads haha

i was about to have a heart attack LOL. congrats

Weird, I'm second batch, and I just go the email from LECOM today stating that the adcom has process my supp application and now I can check the status of it... Looks like they will just start reviewing my application. -____-. I guess unless I have bomb stats, I get reviewed later on, like now, in the cycle.

Weird, I'm second batch, and I just go the email from LECOM today stating that the adcom has process my supp application and now I can check the status of it... Looks like they will just start reviewing my application. -____-. I guess unless I have bomb stats, I get reviewed later on, like now, in the cycle.
Same with me. App sent in July (3rd batch), DAT received Oct 22, and supplemental sent Oct 31. Just processed the secondary for me and now I can view my status on the portal (as they review my app). :bites nails: Good luck everyone!

For those that have interviewed recently, what time did the day end? Also what is the last thing you do before you leave?

For those that have interviewed recently, what time did the day end? Also what is the last thing you do before you leave?

it finished at ~1:30
the last thing on the schedule is financial aid, followed by Q&A while you take a survey about their interview process

it finished at ~1:30
the last thing on the schedule is financial aid, followed by Q&A while you take a survey about their interview process

How many questions did they ask during the group interview? Thanks in advance.

How many questions did they ask during the group interview? Thanks in advance.

6, but it really depended on how long people took with their answers. they just wanted it to last about 40 min, so however many questions fit in that time with your group of 6 people answering