*** The Official LECOM Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Stanelz

RDA-->DMD
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys it's that time again! To everyone applying to LECOM, good luck and I'll see you guys on the interview trail!

LECOM begins interviewing in July and conducts most of their interviews from September through January with smaller waves from January through March and sometimes April

Acceptances typically go out beginning on December first with additional large rounds early January and Early February followed by smaller rounds end of February through May with possibility of acceptance until school has begun. Those that interview after January usually hear back within a few weeks if they have been accepted. Alternate list begins shortly after December 1st, many people (including myself) have been accepted off the alternate list.

**One student in class of 2022 was accepted one week after class started

Things to note about LECOM:
LECOM uses the graded system for didactics (A-F, 75% to pass with a C)
LECOM teaches its students about how to use cad cam
LECOM students spend years 1 through 3 in Bradenton (Florida) and year 4 in either Defuniak Springs (Florida) or Eerie (Pennsylvania)-Your choice
LECOM SODM opened its doors in 2012 which a new building and facilities that are top notch. LECOM already had an existing pharmacy and medical school in the area for many years prior.
LECOM Class size is typically around 105
LECOM COA is estimated at 370k which is quite a bit less than the average private dental school
LECOM is located in Bradenton, Florida which is on the East coast near Tampa/sarasota

Specialization Rates on 2017-2018 Match
Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

Previous Year's Thread:
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
2017 - *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

What is PBL?
What is PBL anyways? Turning students into doctors!

Link to interview prep: LECOM School of Dental Medicine at Bradenton Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

AMA's by LECOM students:
LECOM D3 AMA
LECOM D1 student AMA
LECOM D1 almost finished. AMA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I payed my LECOM Supplemental but my AADSAS status is still “none”

I payed my LECOM Supplemental but my AADSAS status is still “none”

Your status wont change in AADSAS until they change in the admissions portal for LECOM that your app has been received and under review

When does LECOM send out invites? July?

Someone posted a thread that has all the dates that the first interviews were sent out last year and for LECOM it was 7/23

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if LECOM accepts C- for their pre-requisite. I have two C-for General Chemistry II and Organic Chemistry II. Even though I scored a 22 on my OC DAT section and 19GC. I am also a masters student with strong/high gpa in my upper level science/biology courses(including biochemistry II).

Does anyone know if LECOM accepts C- for their pre-requisite. I have two C-for General Chemistry II and Organic Chemistry II. Even though I scored a 22 on my OC DAT section and 19GC. I am also a masters student with strong/high gpa in my upper level science/biology courses(including biochemistry II).

Its not ideal but I dont think it is the end of the world if you have a strong DAT and master GPA to back it up

Its not ideal but I dont think it is the end of the world if you have a strong DAT and master GPA to back it up
Thanks a lot. This makes me feel a lot better. I do have a strong Masters GPA as well as good DAT score!

Has anyone been able to get in contact with LECOM admissions? I have emailed them several times since 6/5 and received no response, and when I call the admissions office it always goes to voicemail.

Has anyone been able to get in contact with LECOM admissions? I have emailed them several times since 6/5 and received no response, and when I call the admissions office it always goes to voicemail.
The cycle for Class of 2023 is still technically ongoing so admissions is probably still working on that as well. There are thousands of people applying right now for the upcoming cycle (Class of 2024) so the inboxes will be very full. It's extremely early in the admissions cycle and your stats are strong so I would just wait for a supplemental application or interview email coming in the next few weeks/months. Keep in mind that unlike most schools, LECOM only has 1 admissions representative for the School of Dental Medicine so it can take awhile for an email response. During my year, there were over 3333 people who submitted applications.

On a personal note with my application experience with LECOM, I only received an email directly from the admission representative when my application was missing something.

tl;dr: the cycle for C/O 2024 has only been open for a month so don't freak out.

Reactions: 3 users
Received an invite for an interview yesterday (7/8). Submitted my supplemental app on 7/2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an invite for an interview yesterday (7/8). Submitted my supplemental app on 7/2.
Hey, did you get confirmation in their portal that your supplemental app was received. I submitted it on June 27th, along with payment, but it still showing that it hasnt been processed.

3.6 overall, 3.63 science, 503. Above average
Hey congratulations! Did you get an email or your portal changed?
Thanks man! I got an email that notified me.
Hey, did you get confirmation in their portal that your supplemental app was received. I submitted it on June 27th, along with payment, but it still showing that it hasnt been processed.
Hey, man. I didn't receive confirmation that they received my secondary on the portal.

oh shoot lol. Dentistry is cool but not my gig. Good luck everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
To those applying currently, I have submitted and LECOM has received my application and supplemental application with payment quite a while ago. I have the status of "Received/Waiting additional information". I can't think of what that could be referring to. Anyone else have this status?

Mine says None. But you can log into their portal (Lecom's) and see your status. It may say if you are missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if a traffic violation needs to be reported on their secondary?

Does anyone know if a traffic violation needs to be reported on their secondary?
Probably a question you should direct to the school directly to be sure. But I would highly doubt they would want a traffic violation submitted.

They were suppose to start interview invitations this week according to the past year threads.

I completed Bio 98 Biochemistry (4 quarter units), so the admissions representative said that I needed 1 more unit to satisfy the requirement. Then I asked my school counselor and she believed that another class that I completed Bio 99 Molecular Biology (4 quarter units) also includes Biochemistry. She suggested that these two classes should be good enough. I already graduated so it would be difficult for me to enroll in another biochem course. (My undergraduate school was UCI by the way). Do you guys think that would satisfy the prerequisite for Biochemistry? I have been trying to contact the admissions representative but no luck :(

They were suppose to start interview invitations this week according to the past year threads.

Hopefully! wonder if we should all start practicing soap carving..... I heard that it is not really important for the interview and lots of people mess up, can we get a current students opinion on this?

Hopefully! wonder if we should all start practicing soap carving..... I heard that it is not really important for the interview and lots of people mess up, can we get a current students opinion on this?
I would also like to know more about this.

Current student - don't practice.

Oh God I forgot about that. Let me pull out that Wheeler anatomy book.

So is today the day!?!?

I would also like to know more about this.

Do NOT practice for the soap carving. It's not going to be a good predictor of whether or not you'll be a good dentist. So don't stress out about it.

My personal opinion: It's probably more just testing to see how you handle a curve ball and knowing when to stop carving. Some people spend too much time carving the soap trying to make it perfect and end up breaking it. You only get 1 bar so they had to turn in broken pieces of soap. I've heard (but can't confirm) that people were still offered an admissions seat even if they broke their soap.

Just got the application processed email even though I sent in my AADSAS and secondary by June 20th.

I know a few people that broke their soap and got in. I know a girl that broke it into three pieces.. the soap aint nuthin

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If I have to retake a C- for my General Chemistry II and the timing don’t fit my schedule then can I take it in summer? The school says I have to take everything by Spring 2020 but can they make an exception if my timing don’t fit my schedule, and I’d take it in Summer I (June - July)?

Personally, I don't think they would make an exception. The dental class of 2024 would start classes the 2nd week of July. Since you would be finishing up Gen Chem II around then (potentially later?), that's a big risk for the school to take.

If you have a C- and want to retake it, which I would, I would try my hardest to fit it into this upcoming fall or spring semester. I would make sure it's in my fall semester because the academic update period happens during the early to mid fall semester.

I’m planning to take it this fall even though the school have told me that I can finish this class anytime until spring 2020.

I’m planning to take it this fall even though the school have told me that I can finish this class anytime until spring 2020.

I would still take it in the Fall just in case I had to retry it again in the Spring. But definitely don't wait till that Summer I semester (June-July).

Is there any chance to get interview while you are still taking prerequisite in Fall?

Is there any chance to get interview while you are still taking prerequisite in Fall?

Your AASDAS application should've had your "current courses or planned courses" listed so the admissions team would see that you would be satisfying prerequisite requirements during the Fall semester. If you had those listed, then you could get an interview (depending on the rest of your application).

If you did not list those courses, make sure you do so during the academic update period.