*** The Official LECOM Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Received alternate email this morning.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a letter yesterday from the dean of dental medicine saying that they have reviewed my application carefully and they are suggesting that I Consider attending LECOM’d master of medical science program to strengthen my science credentials for future applications to medical school.
Did anyone else get the same letter, it’s weird and I’m confused because it’s suggesting that I prepare for a medical school and it’s from the dean of dental medicine and they have never said that there was a decision that was made. Also my status on lecom portal didn’t change so I don’t know if this means a rejection or what ?

I received a letter yesterday from the dean of dental medicine saying that they have reviewed my application carefully and they are suggesting that I Consider attending LECOM’d master of medical science program to strengthen my science credentials for future applications to medical school.
Did anyone else get the same letter, it’s weird and I’m confused because it’s suggesting that I prepare for a medical school and it’s from the dean of dental medicine and they have never said that there was a decision that was made. Also my status on lecom portal didn’t change so I don’t know if this means a rejection or what ?

Don't assume this is a rejection. You never received a rejection letter saying you were rejected. If your portal status still shows alternate, then you are still waitlisted. The letter was probably a standard sent letter to some students who are still waitlisted, since their master's program is all inclusive of med+dent+pharm student prospects. I personally feel it is best for you to start prepping for the next cycle now to stay ahead of the pack. This will not affect your current position in the cycle, it is more as a safety net for you. You still have 2 months of waitlist movement for LECOM so don't lose hope. You just need to keep all options on the table and if an offer comes, you will be ready!

Thank you by My status says “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days.” It’s not that I am waitlisted.
But you said that they never notify a rejection in a letter?

I got the same status and just received the rejection letter yesterday
Is that the same thing you got?
7D95DEFB-ED37-4A13-98C2-518F48CDB5FC.jpeg

It’s confusing me, I don’t know what is that and I called them but they are not in their office.

My admission status still says the committee has yet to make a decision. Applied in August and interviewed in March. Anyone in the same boat? What does this mean if anything?

My admission status still says the committee has yet to make a decision. Applied in August and interviewed in March. Anyone in the same boat? What does this mean if anything?
Same here. Applied in July and interviewed in March. Haven't heard anything from them since.

Same here. Applied in July and interviewed in March. Haven't heard anything from them since.
I interviewed virtually on 03/20 and received a decision from the admissions committee that I was placed on the alternate list via postal mail on 04/11/2020. Maybe reach out to Lisa Kalivoda and see if you can get an update? I know she is very responsive and hopefully can offer you some answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that the same thing you got?
View attachment 306830
It’s confusing me, I don’t know what is that and I called them but they are not in their office.
I am currently on the alternate list. I did not receive a letter like this from the dean of dental medicine. Not sure if this helps. Of note, I did receive an email from admissions about a month after I accepted my position on the alternate list that stated I could apply for the master's program but they were not encouraging it by any means. I think it is just a tactic they're using to see who is still interested in LECOM as the email actually stated applying for the master's program actually helps your chances of being selected. In any case, good luck and here is to hoping you receive some good news!

Got accepted today. Can any current students give me an HONEST answer about whether or not they are happy there?

Got accepted today. Can any current students give me an HONEST answer about whether or not they are happy there?
Congratulations. Did they call you or was it through email? Regrading you question, you can ask Jacob Watts from the Facebook group. He went to dental school there.

At the end of the day, all schools are going to have their pros and cons but only you are going to know if you'll be happy here. What matters the most is that you got in somewhere, which a lot of people in this thread can't say the same. If you got into multiple schools, unanimously everyone is going to tell you pick the one that costs the least. At the end of 4 years, every graduates with the same DMD/DDS degree regardless of tuition spent.

Hi, everyone, I declined my acceptance. I know a lot of people might think I’m dumb for declining it to attend a more expensive school, but based on my interactions, I do think I’ll be happier somewhere else, and that’s really important to me. I hope the next acceptance goes to one of you!

Congratulations. Did they call you or was it through email? Regrading you question, you can ask Jacob Watts from the Facebook group. He went to dental school there.
I had received an email last week to call Ron, and once we had gotten connected, he told me EVERYTHING about the school because he expected 4-5 to drop their spots and if they sent me an acceptance, then I needed to be ready. Ron then called me this afternoon saying I was accepted.

I had received an email last week to call Ron, and once we had gotten connected, he told me EVERYTHING about the school because he expected 4-5 to drop their spots and if they sent me an acceptance, then I needed to be ready. Ron then called me this afternoon saying I was accepted.

so there's no more seats in the class? like the seats will open up if someone drops only?

For students that knows the area well, is it possible to find an 1/1 apartment for $1000 or less? What is the price ranges for apartments in the area? Thanks!

For students that knows the area well, is it possible to find an 1/1 apartment for $1000 or less? What is the price ranges for apartments in the area? Thanks!
I've never seen a 1/1 for <$1200. This price is just for the apartment. You still have to add in utilities, internet, renter's insurance, etc. You might be able to find something cheaper 20-30 minutes away from school but then you have to worry about traffic.

Keep in mind that if you're late for a sim lab session, the professor can deny you entry so you'll miss out on the entire 2-3 hour session.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find list of the courses from D1 to D3? Thanks

Does anyone know where I can find list of the courses from D1 to D3? Thanks

I don't know if it's online somewhere but if you have access to the portal, search for "Academic Catalog." You should have also received the list during your interview, I believe.

There are a few apartments 1k and less that are 15 to 25 minutes away. Carlton Arms is probably the best place for 1k.

Then you have more options in the 1050 to 1100 range like Yacht Club and Park Crest, also Ranch Lakes which is pretty good. Ranch Lakes and Yacht Club at Heritage Harbor also give a 3% student discount and are about 10 minutes away.

The apartments near campus may run anywhere between 1k (with luck) to 1.2k. In my opinion you may be best off finding a student roommate to save heavily on costs.

But it all depends on your personal situation. Check Apartments.com and then check the individual apartment's website to double check price and availability for your move im date.

Hope this helps :)

Here's the link for the next application cycle's thread: LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

For matriculated students, please feel free to hop on and answer questions as best as you can.
For prospective students, follow along and post any application updates as you get them. Good luck!

Hey guys! So just wondering, has anyone already gotten their scrubs? I was required to have royal blue scrubs for my work before I got into lecom, so I'm trying to save money and not re-order the scrubs from Scrub Club but they're saying they won't embroider/monogram unapproved styles... Does anyone know if there's another place that we can get the monogram done? I really don't want to have to re-buy blue scrubs that I already have :(

Hey guys! So just wondering, has anyone already gotten their scrubs? I was required to have royal blue scrubs for my work before I got into lecom, so I'm trying to save money and not re-order the scrubs from Scrub Club but they're saying they won't embroider/monogram unapproved styles... Does anyone know if there's another place that we can get the monogram done? I really don't want to have to re-buy blue scrubs that I already have :(
I would ask this on the Facebook page!

Got my acceptance email! So relieved this is all over. For reference, my LECOM status was a decision has been made and a letter will be sent in next 30 days. This status was changed to this on December 31st. Good luck to everyone else!!
When did you interview?

Hi everyone, I know this is last years thread but I recently got placed on LECOMs alternate list for this cycle and I was just wondering how much of a chance I have to get off of it? If I don’t hear anything within a month, I need to start preparing to apply for next cycle. I just think it’s really pointless to spend thousands of dollars applying again when I could hear back from LECOM anytime from now until July. I understand their waitlist is unranked, how does this work? And if you’re put on the alternate list, do you have high chances of getting off? Is there anyone that got off the alternate list last year that has any advice?

Hi everyone, I know this is last years thread but I recently got placed on LECOMs alternate list for this cycle and I was just wondering how much of a chance I have to get off of it? If I don’t hear anything within a month, I need to start preparing to apply for next cycle. I just think it’s really pointless to spend thousands of dollars applying again when I could hear back from LECOM anytime from now until July. I understand their waitlist is unranked, how does this work? And if you’re put on the alternate list, do you have high chances of getting off? Is there anyone that got off the alternate list last year that has any advice?
I got waitlisted around the same time you did last cycle. I did not get off the waitlist. But that doesn’t mean you won’t. However, speaking as a reapplicant who waited almost the entire summer hoping to get off the waitlist at multiple schools I would advise you to reapply early even if it’s just to a few schools. I waited and am in the same position as last year with late interviews and waitlist decisions.

I got waitlisted around the same time you did last cycle. I did not get off the waitlist. But that doesn’t mean you won’t. However, speaking as a reapplicant who waited almost the entire summer hoping to get off the waitlist at multiple schools I would advise you to reapply early even if it’s just to a few schools. I waited and am in the same position as last year with late interviews and waitlist decisions.
Thank you so much! Did you re-write your personal statement or do anything different for your application the second time around?