****The Official LOMA LINDA Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Just got an invite via e-mail

Members don't see this ad.

They Finally accepted my secondary. No Spiritual leader LOR. I guess time will tell.

They won't consider your application as complete and ready for review until you have your spiritual leader LOR. You can check your status on their portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
They won't consider your application as complete and ready for review until you have your spiritual leader LOR. You can check your status on their portal.

Yes. I thought the same thing since I turned in my secondary in August 5th. Checked the portal and with admin and my app. is now in review.

ReaverOps, I received an interview invite last cycle without a spiritual leader LOR. Although not having one could definitely hinder your chances of being accepted.

ReaverOps, I received an interview invite last cycle without a spiritual leader LOR. Although not having one could definitely hinder your chances of being accepted.

Thanks Laughing Gas at least someone is on my side here. LOL

For those who got an interview,
does anyone know where we go? Room number?

Looks like LLU updated AADSAS before sending out interview invites for the week. My portal now says

Loma Linda University School of Dentistry (LLU)CA10/29/2013Invited for Interview

Does anyone know if legacy plays at role in getting an interview at Loma Linda? I know they ask you on the supplemental application but just curious to see if others have found out any information about this topic.

Can anyone who has interviewed here yet let me know if the interview day has one-on-one interviews or is it a panel interview? How long did your day last? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who has interviewed here yet let me know if the interview day has one-on-one interviews or is it a panel interview? How long did your day last? Thank you!

The interview is 1 on 1 for about 40 minutes. The whole process that day (including various forms, essay, introductory video, tour, and interview) lasted for only about 2.5 - 3 hours.

Has anyone heard anything from Loma Linda today?

Just got off the phone, accepted!!

Got the call as well. If there were a contest, I'd vote Loma Linda as "nicest admissions office in the country" :nod:

Interviewed here and nothing yet :(

What batch, last name, and which month did you interview?

I interviewed second part of november . haven't heard anything. last name starts with K

I wonder how many people they called today. I interviewed in November, last name is around yours too.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats for those who got in . May I know did they send out emails or update an aadas?

Yay interview in Jan!! Hope they still have seats left.

I received my phone call of acceptance on Monday 12/2/13 at 4:20pm then later saw the update on AADSAS, and an email Tuesday morning. To help out with others time-line I interviewed late October and my last name starts with K.

Congrats to those who got accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting for an acceptance or interview.

Congrats guys!

Last edited:
Congrats to those accepted! Loma Linda is a wonderful place with wonderful people! It isn't perfect but you will enjoy your time so much more if you take time to get to know the people who work there. Treat them well because they really do care! Start your service to others with your classmates. There is no room for cutthroat gunners. Help each other out, share resources. Everyone is under a lot of stress, so don't let anyone slip through the cracks. Dental school is so much easier and bearable when the class looks out for each other.

Hey guys,

I e-mailed Esther and she said the next time the committee meets is tomorrow, 12/20. They will adjourn for the holidays and resume meeting weekly on January 17. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have got in, did you receive two emails for the acceptance confirmation and deposit link?

I am invited for an interview on Jan 23rd. I know it is post-Dec and my window is very slim.. I was informed that it is going to be an one-on-one interview.
Can you guys give me any tip (just any!!) on the interview?! SO excited that I got this opportunity but so so nervous since I consider myself "spiritually weak". Thanks in advance. :bow:

Last edited:
I was invited for an interview on Jan 23rd. I know it is post-Dec and my window is very slim.. I was informed that it is going to be an one-on-one interview.
Can you guys give me any tip (just any!!) on the interview?! SO excited that I got this opportunity but so so nervous since I consider myself "spiritually weak". Thanks in advance. :bow:

Congrats on your interview. Dont worry about being spiritually weak. I am not SDA and I was still accepted. Loma Linda by far has the nicest admissions staff in the nation. They are all sincere and caring! In terms of the interview, you walk in and your given paperwork to fill out, one being a short answer response. Dont worry about that, it should take 15 minutes to 20 minutes tops...Then you watch a short video on Loma Linda's mission trips to underserved communities. For me, I took a tour right after, but for others the tour comes after you had your 1 on 1 interview. The tour is an amazing experience where you hear first hand from dental students on their experiences at Loma Linda. Now for the 1 on 1 interview, let's just say, it is very conversational and relaxing. They talk about the common dental questions such as why dental, weakness, strength, moral dilemma. But other than that, I had a very fun conversation about our dogs and my extracurricular activities. So relax bluemt...and just be yourself, sincere, and enjoy. Good luck and tell us how it went.

I just got an interview for the beginning of February! So excited, but I'm worried most of the class is already filled... anyone know how many they tend to interview compared to those who get accepted (not just those who matriculate)? I got a lower gpa but a bazillion things of research and extracurricular activities, as well as a ton of religious involvement (and a letter from a priest), though I am not SDA. Btw, congrats to everyone who got an interview and even more so to those who got accepted! :)

I hear lots of people getting interviews, but so far no info/news about to those who got accepted?

Congrats on your interview. Dont worry about being spiritually weak. I am not SDA and I was still accepted. Loma Linda by far has the nicest admissions staff in the nation. They are all sincere and caring! In terms of the interview, you walk in and your given paperwork to fill out, one being a short answer response. Dont worry about that, it should take 15 minutes to 20 minutes tops...Then you watch a short video on Loma Linda's mission trips to underserved communities. For me, I took a tour right after, but for others the tour comes after you had your 1 on 1 interview. The tour is an amazing experience where you hear first hand from dental students on their experiences at Loma Linda. Now for the 1 on 1 interview, let's just say, it is very conversational and relaxing. They talk about the common dental questions such as why dental, weakness, strength, moral dilemma. But other than that, I had a very fun conversation about our dogs and my extracurricular activities. So relax bluemt...and just be yourself, sincere, and enjoy. Good luck and tell us how it went.
Thanks for your advise jjjjeeeeeefffff(?) having read your reply, I am much more relaxed. I am an international student and hopefully I won't make any stupid mistake during the interview!

I hear lots of people getting interviews, but so far no info/news about to those who got accepted?
Yeah a buddy of mine interviewed there already but has no word yet on acceptance. Think he interviewed a while ago too...

Yeah a buddy of mine interviewed there already but has no word yet on acceptance. Think he interviewed a while ago too...

Hey guys, I just got accepted today, Marlise called me. I interviewed in December. I think they'll be giving out more acceptances next week. Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys, I just got accepted today, Marlise called me. I interviewed in December. I think they'll be giving out more acceptances next week. Good luck to everyone!
Congrats man! Just hope there's still room for me by the time I interview ;)

NiceCusps2018,

congrats. What time did you get the call?

Last year, I got into the alternate list, and I interviewed in the end of October this year. I heard nothing up until now, and while people are getting acceptance, I am now getting nervous as to whether I would get rejected...

NiceCusps2018,

congrats. What time did you get the call?

Last year, I got into the alternate list, and I interviewed in the end of October this year. I heard nothing up until now, and while people are getting acceptance, I am now getting nervous as to whether I would get rejected...

I got the call around 1:45 pm

Got an interview for Feb. 5, do you have suggestions to get prepared?

I wonder how long it takes from the day of interview until acceptance/rejection to be announced.

Just got the call this early morning. 9:30 AM from admissions.

Interviewed 1/21/2014

I actually rejected their call because I was still sleeping haha. :hungry: They left a voice mail and sent an email right after they called. :D:soexcited::):clap:

Update: AADSAS was updated for LLUSD about 24 hours later.

Last edited:
Just got the call today! 12 pm woohoo
Going to Loma Linda University!
Interviewed 1/28/2014 :)