****The Official LOMA LINDA Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Congrats to mightymoose02 and SmilesINC.

What were your GPA and DAT scores?

By the way, were you guys first time applicants or alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview for Feb. 5, do you have suggestions to get prepared?

I would suggest you go at least one day b4 and go around campus and MEET dental students get to talk to them ask them questions-
Then go meet the receptionists in the admissions office , be as friendly as you can . This is no time to be shy.

:))
The interview itself is laid back

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview for Feb. 5, do you have suggestions to get prepared?

Also some pointers

Why do you want to go to an SDA church, if ur interview is Dr. K be prepared to talk about your family life, he gets pretty deep. Try to incorporate stories , memorable stories into your answers. Also be knowledgable about the schools motto "to make man whole" what does that mean to you?
And the bible verse of the good Samaritan

Talk about what you would do to continue the legacy of the school
- are u involved in community service ?
Talk about - again use good stories - they will remember stories :)
Be able to explain any bad grades
And

Also you have to answer an essay question
The one I got were
"how do you differentiate between pity and empathy?"
The second one was
"describe a time that you had to defend your faith"
Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to mightymoose02 and SmilesINC.

What were your GPA and DAT scores?

By the way, were you guys first time applicants or alternate list?

22/22/22 for my DAT. Took it in September.

3.5 in my Master's Program.

First time applicant.

Anyone from Jan interview hear anything? I had late interview, Jan 30.
The committee didn't meet last week since they had their Student/Alumni Conference. So either this week or next week they should be meeting. Good luck! :)

They said they are going to meet either this week or next week. Also there are still open seats. GL everyone!

Hey guys,
I just wanted to know if anybody else has there interview date still coming up? Mine is March 5, and I hope there still will be seats. I am meet with Dr. K, does anybody have some tips and suggestions. I am pretty confident in my skills as an interviewer and I have talked Esther several times and wished I could interview with her.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, just be yourself. My interview there was very laid back and conversational. I know its easy to say and much more difficult to play out but, relax and let them get to know you. You'll be fine!

Hey guys,
I just wanted to know if anybody else has there interview date still coming up? Mine is March 5, and I hope there still will be seats. I am meet with Dr. K, does anybody have some tips and suggestions. I am pretty confident in my skills as an interviewer and I have talked Esther several times and wished I could interview with her.

Yeah listen to what PM7 said. My interview was also very conversational and relaxing. Be honest and show them who you really are. That's all they want to know. Also, I would suggest if there are any obvious weaknesses in your app (did C's or lower in a few classes or a really bad DAT score somewhere), be able to explain why you got what you got. Don't worry about excuses, just say exactly what happened and be responsible enough to own up to it. That's all they are looking for. If you are very spiritual or involved with your church or religious group, wouldn't be a bad thing to remind them either. It'll probably come up anyway. But most importantly... RELAX and enjoy your time there :) again easier said than done.

Has anyone who interviewed in February heard anything yet? I interviewed 2/5 and this is my top choice. I can't take the anxiety any more!

Has anyone who interviewed in February heard anything yet? I interviewed 2/5 and this is my top choice. I can't take the anxiety any more!

If you are not a SDA, it is pretty tight since there are about only 30 seats available for non-SDA. but don't lose hope. GL

No news yet ...
This anxiety is crazy, let's hang in there guys... GL

Do you guys know if they met last week? o_O
From the looks of this thread and how they explained their process to me on interview day, I would deduce that the last time they met was February 14.... Maybe they've cut down from weekly sessions to monthly sessions?? Which might explain why its been nearly a month since we've heard anything....

From the looks of this thread and how they explained their process to me on interview day, I would deduce that the last time they met was February 14.... Maybe they've cut down from weekly sessions to monthly sessions?? Which might explain why its been nearly a month since we've heard anything....
I agree. They didn't meet the week of the 5th or the following week. But they did meet the week after that. But I called twice since then, I doesn't seem they met last week. :/

One month between sessions :eek:! lol
Well let's keeping hoping for the best:xf: thanks for the info. ...

Every Monday I wake up telling myself.... "today is the day. I can feel it" and every Monday I am disappointed... and so the waiting continues...

well said.:thumbup:
I called this morning and you guys were def. right, I was able to verify that indeed they are only meeting 2-3 times per month.
So, since someone had said they had an interview tomorrow I'm assuming they'll meet this week! EEeks. :xf:

I got an acceptance call this mornig. I interviewed mid november.

Had my interview today... kinda wish i wasnt so late in the the actual interview, but happy to be invited nonetheless. Now starts the dreadful waiting game................... does anyone know who is on the admission committee apart from Ester and Kasischke?

Had my interview today... kinda wish i wasnt so late in the the actual interview, but happy to be invited nonetheless. Now starts the dreadful waiting game................... does anyone know who is on the admission committee apart from Ester and Kasischke?

I believe Marlisse is also on it...
Did they say anything about how full the class is?

Hey congrats on your interview! Would you mind sharing how it went and maybe the best way to prepare? I have mine soon!

Hey congrats on your interview! Would you mind sharing how it went and maybe the best way to prepare? I have mine soon!

Thanks. I interviewed with Dr. Kasischke and in all honesty its not a cliche... he is easy to talk with. just try and be find comfort in the situation. Try and direct the conversation to what you r passionate about, ur experience, and/or desirable attribute. He asked questions that just flowed starting with where i am from, my family, who has been instrumental in me being here, why dentistry, my shadowing experiences, and small talk (activities to do in California and traded funny family stories).

I dont know about Esther or the other Interviewer... so maybe someone here can better help you.

My advice is just relax and let them know you. Even the most mundane person can bring an aspect that they want to hear about. just try and get a vibe on how the interview is going and they type of questions they ask you and prepare on the fly :). By 2 or 3 questions you can see what they feel is important.

BEST OF LUCK... and if u r hungry before or after the interview head to Cafe Society! The chicken gyro is the perfect nerve killer!

Annnnd rejected. Interviewed 2/5. Good luck to everyone else! :)

Finally heard back. I got placed on the waitlist. I feel a little better I guess.. there's still hope. It's just nice to know. I interviewed 2/5 btw.