****The Official LOMA LINDA Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Each school has their own deadline. Loma Linda's second deposit was due on May 1st so I don't know why they still aren't letting anyone off the waitlist. School doesn't start till the first week of September. What did they meet for on Friday if they didn't rank the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

This is starting to upset me. At least we know what's going on now.... but I don't understand what decisions they're making and what they're waiting for.... I've gone from anxious to frustrated. ...

Reactions: 1 user
This is starting to upset me. At least we know what's going on now.... but I don't understand what decisions they're making and what they're waiting for.... I've gone from anxious to frustrated. ...
They are just taking a longer time but what I think is that they are still filling up the waiting list. Then, they will rank.

Members don't see this ad :)
Each school has their own deadline. Loma Linda's second deposit was due on May 1st so I don't know why they still aren't letting anyone off the waitlist. School doesn't start till the first week of September. What did they meet for on Friday if they didn't rank the waitlist?
Oh September? , I thought they had a summer session.

They do, but the entering class starts in the fall.

They do, but the entering class starts in the fall.
Oh okay, I thought the 1st year students started in the summer from the sample schedule ;)
So that means wait listers could potentially not hear back till September?o_O

Oh okay, I thought the 1st year students started in the summer from the sample schedule ;)

No! No! No! That cannot be the case. I've already been accepted else where and they start school end of June. I don't have that kind of time. I've been putting off the paperwork off to the last minute in hopes that I won't have to do it because I keep telling myself Loma Linda will call you tomorrow (or Monday on the weekends). Loma Linda is my top choice. Don't they realize this???? Why else would we still be waiting.........:(:nailbiting::sorry::help::cryi:.... So many emotions. Just pick up the phone and call already! I need support.

No! No! No! That cannot be the case. I've already been accepted else where and they start school end of June. I don't have that kind of time. I've been putting off the paperwork off to the last minute in hopes that I won't have to do it because I keep telling myself Loma Linda will call you tomorrow (or Monday on the weekends). Loma Linda is my top choice. Don't they realize this???? Why else would we still be waiting.........:(:nailbiting::sorry::help::cryi:.... So many emotions. Just pick up the phone and call already! I need support.
Yikes, it's hard. Hang in there, I guess you could call and ask when they might meet next :/ (then post) I've allotted my weekly calling credit lol
Then you can have an idea of time frame, but definitely don't loose your other spot... Just in case..

Yep, really long wait potentially. They can call up until a week before school starts... so end of August. I'm hoping they meet again tomorrow!

studentdat, did you finally hear back? Are you on the wait list too now? I thought you were still waiting to hear a decision from them.

studentdat, did you finally hear back? Are you on the wait list too now? I thought you were still waiting to hear a decision from them.[/
Yes, I called Friday.
That's when I found out they met and had made decisions on the pending files and that I had been wait listed.
They said they hadn't ranked the list but I didn't think to ask when they were meeting next to rank the list till after I got off the phone :/
I wish I knew how many spots are open in the class too... And usually how many each year are accepted off the wait list :unsure:

Wow wish I would have checked to see your question before I called just now lol. They said the waitlist hasn't moved at all and that it isn't ranked... Weird thing to say if they haven't ranked the waitlist yet... Also she said if we don't hear anything by mid June to reapply. Doesn't look like they are expecting much movement :bigtears:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow wish I would have checked to see your question before I called just now lol. They said the waitlist hasn't moved at all and that it isn't ranked... Weird thing to say if they haven't ranked the waitlist yet... Also she said if we don't hear anything by mid June to reapply. Doesn't look like they are expecting much movement :bigtears:

Oh my gosh:wideyed: well I'm gonna start studying for the DAT again . 3 people have withdrawn their acceptances here so far- so that's not much :arghh:

So I called today to see if they would say much else... She did not mention that the waitlist was still unranked... So maybe they've ranked it? Also, she said there has been no movement and waitlisters will probably here back in June. -___-

So I called today to see if they would say much else... She did not mention that the waitlist was still unranked... So maybe they've ranked it? Also, she said there has been no movement and waitlisters will probably here back in June. -___-

Did they ask for your name when you called? They asked me and then put me on hold for like 5 min. I thought they might tell me something exciting. Why are they waiting until June... They keep pushing it back, at first it was April, then May, ahhhh. Do they want other schools to start or something because last year they did not wait this long.

Did they ask for your name when you called? They asked me and then put me on hold for like 5 min. I thought they might tell me something exciting. Why are they waiting until June... They keep pushing it back, at first it was April, then May, ahhhh. Do they want other schools to start or something because last year they did not wait this long.
Oh my gosh so the list is ranked now?
And did they meet today?
Oh my gosh freaking out...

No she didn't ask for my name. I'm not sure what they're waiting for.... Maybe they're shrinking their class size and have no intention of filling up those open spots....

No she didn't ask for my name. I'm not sure what they're waiting for.... Maybe they're shrinking their class size and have no intention of filling up those open spots....

That is what I have been thinking too... But why keep adding to the waitlist if there is no need for one. They added more people just a week ago.

That is what I have been thinking too... But why keep adding to the waitlist if there is no need for one. They added more people just a week ago.
Do you know if Loma Linda over accepts ?
My friend was asking me, she said some schools over accept students.
Also, the class size for LLU is 95-100 right?
Guys, I think they are just running a little behind- and just finished making decisions on the last files of students they had interviewed
So, probably next week or so they will rank...
I remember someone had said they meet every 3 weeks so I think they are just behind their usual timeline...

They do in the first wave of acceptances but after that they don't because they can't risk going over their available seats. The class size is 95-100 but they want to cut it down to 80 over the next couple of years.

Anyone know for sure if they have ranked the waitlist yet?

Anyone hear any news for the wait list?
Did they officially rank the list :/ ?

Any volunteers wanna call and see what in the world is happening in admissions? Tired of being in the dark...

Maybe we won't even have to wait till next week and they start calling tomorrow! If not then I'll probably be calling next week too... *sigh

I'll do the honors of calling during my lunch break today..... anything that you really want to know other than when admissions will be meeting next and if the wait list has been ranked?

I'll do the honors of calling during my lunch break today..... anything that you really want to know other than when admissions will be meeting next and if the wait list has been ranked?
I guess how long the wait list is now and how many spots they estimate having open ..
Or how many On average get pulled off the wait list (from last year)... ;))
Yay! Tnx

Last edited:
I called. When I asked if the waitlist has been ranked, she said there has been no movement. -___- Not a very direct answer, but maybe its been ranked? She said she didn't have information on how long the wait list is and finally, if we don't hear back by June to reapply. That's all I could get out of her. Its not looking good guys.

I called. When I asked if the waitlist has been ranked, she said there has been no movement. -___- Not a very direct answer, but maybe its been ranked? She said she didn't have information on how long the wait list is and finally, if we don't hear back by June to reapply. That's all I could get out of her. Its not looking good guys.
Oh my gosh :( do we know how many people have been accepted, maybe they are not planning to grab anyone from the wait list?

So maybe they will let 6 people off? June is right around the corner so they can't hold out too much longer... Here's hoping!

So maybe they will let 6 people off? June is right around the corner so they can't hold out too much longer... Here's hoping!
That's so little :/
But yes better than nothing.
It's a good school so everybody wants to go there lol :/ including us ...

I saw the stats from last year and the previous year. Looks like they only had 93 people last year and 96 the year before... If there really are 89 enrolled already it doesn't look too good for us. Especially since they are trying to cut down on class size.

I saw the stats from last year and the previous year. Looks like they only had 93 people last year and 96 the year before... If there really are 89 enrolled already it doesn't look too good for us. Especially since they are trying to cut down on class size.
We'll see what happens :depressed:
I'm thinking they will meet this Friday or the next for sure... :xf:

I'm tired of getting my hopes dashed every Friday, so I'm not holding my breath this time.

Well that's good to know. I've was accepted elsewhere back in April and Loma Linda was my top choice. Since it doesn't look like that waitlist is going to change, I'm finally going to take my name off the waitlist tomorrow so I can start making arrangements to move across the country. School starts in 3 weeks for me! Good luck to all of you!

Well that's good to know. I've was accepted elsewhere back in April and Loma Linda was my top choice. Since it doesn't look like that waitlist is going to change, I'm finally going to take my name off the waitlist tomorrow so I can start making arrangements to move across the country. School starts in 3 weeks for me! Good luck to all of you!
Congrats, I think that's a good decision from how things are looking. Where will you be going?

So they are not taking anyone off this year? That's pretty unusual. I guess they decided to cut down to 89 :(

So I just called and they said those of us on the waitlist should hear something this week!

Congrats, I think that's a good decision from thow things
So I just called and they said those of us on the waitlist should hear something this week!
really? like we'll either be rejected or accepted? when I asked they said the class is full. It sounded like nobody was coming off. I've been depressed ever since.

They said that they were taking people off this week and if you didn't hear anything to reapply. She didn't say anything about the class being full. Maybe some more people finally made decisions on multiple deposits

Good thing I checked SDN before making the call... I guess I can wait one more week....