The Official May 18, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is still seven months away, but please share your strategies, goals, materials, etc. here! I'll post mine up very soon, and I greatly appreciate any suggestions/tips. Best of luck to us all!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there's much correlation between scores on the trial section and scores on the actual exam?

well seeing as though the trial section especially if you got the psych section has literally nothing to do with physical science or biological science I highly doubt it.

Especially if you blindly guessed.

When I called AMCAS and asked why I didn't get a trial score the guy told me they use an algorithm to detect who took the section in good faith. To their credit I definitely did not take it in good faith. I was too tired to care at that point so I clicked straight through in about three minutes. Anyway, I agree that they're probably trying to correlate trial section with the scores on the other sections.

4 days!

I hope that doesn't mean a bad trial score means a bad real score. Oh God :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep having the thought that because I Christmas-Tree'd the trial section that they are going to punish me on my real score.

I wasn't even going to do the trial section, but I figured I could just guess in 5 minutes so I went for it.

I keep having the thought that because I Christmas-Tree'd the trial section that they are going to punish me on my real score.

I wasn't even going to do the trial section, but I figured I could just guess in 5 minutes so I went for it.

Did u receive a gift card?

I submitted mine June 10th 1:35pm and mine is also "ready for review"

My theory is that an absurd number of people submitted first thing Monday morning because everyone who would have submitted last week was ready. If you look at the verification thread, they haven't even gotten to 10am. I imagine it will move faster when they get over the initial surge, but will still be slow.

I submitted Friday, so hunkering down for the long haul :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you expecting to be verified after 28tg even when you submitted the week of?

Meh who knows. Considering that they haven't even gotten through Monday and it has been 5 business days, doesn't look good. I don't mind at all though it will get through eventually!

How many schools are you guys applying to?

I applied 4 in-state and 3 out of state. Crossing my fingers for a good mcat score!

The nervousness was absent for the last three weeks...but now they are really hitting me hard. Ugh...

Do you all know how they present the scores? Like cumulative on top and then broken by section or something? I am not sure i can take it in all at once, might prefer to see one section at a time ;)

thx1.jpg

It'll be like this

Thats a pretty bad drop in score, just saying... unless im reading it backwards, which i probably am because no one in their right mind would retake a 45.

If this person knew how to edit html it would have saved them the embarrassment of sharing their poor photoshopping skills.

Has anyone else been logging on and trying to check scores - just in case they go up early - or is it just me?

I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all tonight.

Excited and nervous! All I have left to do is write the Personal Statement, and if I get a good mcat score back I'll be extra motivated! If not, well...

I am just so ready to have the little bird on my shoulder quit chirping "MCAT scores..chirp....MCAT scores....chirp chirp....you still don't know how you did and it could change all your plans....CHIRP." I should just call animal control.

I am just so ready to have the little bird on my shoulder quit chirping "MCAT scores..chirp....MCAT scores....chirp chirp....you still don't know how you did and it could change all your plans....CHIRP." I should just call animal control.

I know what you mean. Given my low gpa, I need a 33-35 to at least have a shot at getting in MD, even though I have ridiculous ECs.

Is the 3pm thing just based on word of mouth? As MCAT site says 5 pm. Want to know if I should go on that emotional rollercoaster.

Is the 3pm thing just based on word of mouth? As MCAT site says 5 pm. Want to know if I should go on that emotional rollercoaster.

The past several MCAT dates have had their scores by 3:15 or so, as indicated on SDN threads and aamc twitter feed