The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Registered but didn't get my first choice seat :( I think AAMC opened registration at like 7 am today and I missed it! Anyways, has anyone taken the exam at Columbia, MD? The reviews are so-so and it's kinda scaring me …any reassurance?

I've taken other exams at this location, its descent. No distractions, you don't hear the busy NYC nice at all!
Aslo once you're done with the exam you can shop as a gift to yourself for taking this horrendous test :D:soexcited:

Haha that 300 dollar fee makes me not want to buy anything for a very long time. The thing I hate the most about these centers is the fact they mix exams. So while I'm taking the MCAT, someone else is typing on a keyboard and it ends up being really distracting. Hopefully that's not the case this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha that 300 dollar fee makes me not want to buy anything for a very long time. The thing I hate the most about these centers is the fact they mix exams. So while I'm taking the MCAT, someone else is typing on a keyboard and it ends up being really distracting. Hopefully that's not the case this time.

Yeah thats true lol. I usually go shopping after, just to reward myself lol.
Too bad I won't be taking my exam here this time. I'm going somewhere in Westchester. I just don't have the patience to deal with taking the train to the city.
In regards to being distracted, earplugs/headphones should do the trick.

Yeah thats true lol. I usually go shopping after, just to reward myself lol.
Too bad I won't be taking my exam here this time. I'm going somewhere in Westchester. I just don't have the patience to deal with taking the train to the city.
In regards to being distracted, earplugs/headphones should do the trick.

Wherever that means less travel is best especially for a 8 AM exam. Mind me asking what your study plan/schedule/materials looks like?

Wherever that means less travel is best especially for a 8 AM exam. Mind me asking what your study plan/schedule/materials looks like?

Yes thats very true, just make sure you leave early enough. Rush hour can be a b****.

and Yeah PM me

Tried booking a few hours ago and there was nothing in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware or even New York. I live in Philly.
Guess I'll have to drive to Woodbridge, CT near New Haven. Has anyone been there?

Ugh, looks like I'm driving 6 hours to Albuquerque.... C'mon amcas!!!!! They've gotta know that people want this test date. Is it worth checking up on spots opening up? I'm not quite sure how that works. Are you able to just casually browse availability?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is bull. What happened to the statement that they would have more seats available even though they had fewer days. The option is to be unprepared or have a late application. Even if they open up more seats in May it will cost $70 to change.

Reactions: 2 users
Officially registered! Didn't have much trouble getting a seat in Hawaii.

99 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No seats anywhere for may 22...... it seems that there are more seats for april and june...... are they going to add more seats!!???

Checking in. Registered this morning at 7:50. There were over 200 individuals in front of me. Anyway May 22 down in miami. Freaking out a bit if im honest

Wow, all seats in AZ already booked. No way I'll be ready by April 18. Should I just keep checking back every day for new openings?

I have a feeling that more seats will open up. Feels like they opened up limited seats to prevent overwhelming the system. ppl freak out, register for a place that's 1000 miles away and then they open up some more, ppl reschedule, lots of $$ in their pocket.

I have a feeling that more seats will open up. Feels like they opened up limited seats to prevent overwhelming the system. ppl freak out, register for a place that's 1000 miles away and then they open up some more, ppl reschedule, lots of $$ in their pocket.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens. Makes a lot of sense.

I hope so....They are so stupid!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there any chance they will offer more seats for may session?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Woke up at 8:50am today and started bugging when I checked my notifications to see they opened at like 7. Logged on and got stuck behind 2000 other people but fortunately I got my first choice seat in Purchase, NY. Good luck to everyone!

Woke up at 8:50am today and started bugging when I checked my notifications to see they opened at like 7. Logged on and got stuck behind 2000 other people but fortunately I got my first choice seat in Purchase, NY. Good luck to everyone!

Same happened to me but I was behind 200 ppl. Fortunately i Got my first choice at Purchase too. See you May 22nd

I didn't get my preferred seat (Detroit, Michigan), but Toronto is only 4 hours away so that's not too bad. I'll get up there the day before, check out the center, and stay in a decent hotel for the night. There's just a few spots open on this date. Evidently the balance between time to prepare and getting scores early was noticed by a lot of test hopefuls.

The real shame here for me is that it was 2 PM local time when registration opened (I'm GMT + 1) and I missed it.

For those of you that have purchased the question packs, would you recommend them? I have BR, EK1001, and the new TPR (Bio+Biochem, Psych + Soc). I find I have plenty of material, but I'm still interested in the idea of new questions.

Checking in here and by some stroke of luck happened to be on AAMC yesterday morning to see if the link to register was active, it just so happened to be and I registered for my first choice seat in New Jersey. No more than 5 minutes later did the message get sent out that the link to register was live. Quite the scary coincidence. Crossing my fingers to those who need a seat still, hoping they open more up.

Texas here.

This one already filled up D: this is ridiculous.

I guess I'll have to jump on the next closest one, June 19th. Are they still taking 30 days to get back your results? Man this is awful. Oh well, more time to study I guess. If more seats open up I'll definitely jump on it.

Just to play safe.

For MCAT registration, if passport name= Abc Def, then first name=Abc , last name= Def.

Am I right?

I called AAMC and they said they definitely are not planning on adding any extra dates/seats for the May exam. You can try calling them yourself, maybe my representative didn't have accurate information.
AAMC: (202) 862-0600

I guess a July score isn't great but you do what you have to.

PSA for self-studiers looking for more practice exams: TPR has a 2015 Test package where you get 8 FL for $299. I just got off the phone with a phone rep and she said these exams are DIFFERENT from the 3 FL you would get if you purchased any of their content books. So you can basically have 12 FL (TPR's 11 FL + AAMC FL) to practice with it!

Last edited:
Actually for 8 exams that's not bad at all. Put this in perspective, sitting for the exam 8 times at $300 each, for a grand total of $2400. You're saving $2100
Well if you look at it that way....
I'll consider purchasing as I'm nearing the time to start practicing exams.
I just don't want to purchase it and it isn't similar to the actual exam

Well if you look at it that way....
I'll consider purchasing as I'm nearing the time to start practicing exams.
I just don't want to purchase it and it isn't similar to the actual exam
Well to be honest the only exams we know are similar to the actual exams are the 2 AAMC practice exams. Other than that, all the prep companies are only simulating what the believe the exam will look like. Right now, the only prep companies that have exams available are TPR, Kaplan, and NextStep. I believe TBR will have practice CBTs available in March and I've heard those are actually really good in terms of covering all the bases. You might be interested in that if you aren't ready to pull the trigger on exams right away.

Well to be honest the only exams we know are similar to the actual exams are the 2 AAMC practice exams. Other than that, all the prep companies are only simulating what the believe the exam will look like. Right now, the only prep companies that have exams available are TPR, Kaplan, and NextStep. I believe TBR will have practice CBTs available in March and I've heard those are actually really good in terms of covering all the bases. You might be interested in that if you aren't ready to pull the trigger on exams right away.
I thought there was only one aamc exam that was released?

@drkobebryant Yeah right now I'm using Kaplan, EK, and the old BR for review and practice, and supplementing with KHAN. I'll be purchasing the AAMC practice exam later when Im ready to start those. But I have the one that came with the official guide for now and the old AAMC exams.

Its so overwhelming sometimes :bang:

Everytime I click on a test date it says the seat isn't available in every state. Is there something wrong with their website. I have done like 2o different states...

You are not doing anything wrong, they just ran out of seats for now. I am checking all the time throughout the days until someone decides that they want to reschedule or cancel.