*** The Official Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did you guys write for "Please indicate why you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Dentistry?"
One paragraph

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys ! I know you all are applying this cycle to dental school ( I wish you all luck !) but I have one question. I wish to attend meharry but was told that a masters degree is pointless when applying to MMC. Is that true? My Undergrad GPA wasn't where I wanted it <3.0 but my masters in biology is a 3.8 what do you think ?

Hey guys ! I know you all are applying this cycle to dental school ( I wish you all luck !) but I have one question. I wish to attend meharry but was told that a masters degree is pointleoss when applying to MMC. Is that true? My Undergrad GPA wasn't where I wanted it <3.0 but my masters in biology is a 3.8 what do you think ?

I hope this is not true. I plan to apply next cycle with a master's degree. I'm aware that some students complete a master's at Meharry before they enter the dental or medical school. I'll ask around about this possibe rumor.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just applied, hope its not too late!

Does anybody know if dental schools wait until December 1st to send out rejection letters or do they send it out immediately when they make a decision?

Does anybody know if dental schools wait until December 1st to send out rejection letters or do they send it out immediately when they make a decision?

They can send them out immediately if they want to. It just depends on the school. I know LECOM, NOVA, and the Midwestern schools have sent already to people so it's possible. Acceptances have to wait till Dec. 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just went from "app completed," to "under review."

Anyone else? Any idea what it means?

If someone from midwestern got an interview but sent it later than me does that mean midwestern is waiting until December 1st to send me a rejection letter?

Do you think a 17AA on the DAT with a 3.4GPA would stand a chance of even getting an interview?

Do you think a 17AA on the DAT with a 3.4GPA would stand a chance of even getting an interview?

I know a student who got an interview with a 16AA and a 3.4 during 2015-2016 cycle. Not sure if they've raised the requirements but I would give it a shot. Their average is about a 17

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My status is "under review," best of luck to everyone! Hoping I get an interview! Anyone know when they start sending invites?

My status is "under review," best of luck to everyone! Hoping I get an interview! Anyone know when they start sending invites?

When did you submit? Mine still says received/complete. Just wondering if they're going in the order of when they were completed

I submitted everything that I could in early June; however, one my letters of evaluation did not submit until about a month ago. They very well could be if they go based on what we, ourselves, can actually submit.

It's reassuring to see that everyone else is just as impatient as I am. Good luck everyone!

I totally forgot I applied here.. did this school just go MIA?

It's reassuring to see that everyone else is just as impatient as I am. Good luck everyone!

I totally forgot I applied here.. did this school just go MIA?

I called yesterday and the person who answered told me she could not deny or confirm whether interview invites had gone out, but to keep in mind they have a later cycle

Last edited:
I called yesterday and the person who answered told me she could not deny or confirm weather interview invites had gone out, but to keep in mind they have a later cycle

A later cycle? What does that mean? I haven't seen anything about that.

Does this mean that they still send out the first acceptances Dec. 1st as other schools do?

Yes
e01691656560128104883a22065b34ce.jpg

Anybody hear anything yet?
I called again today to see if I would get someone else on the phone willing to offer more information. The man I talked to said they are processing apps, but no invites have gone out yet. *sigh* Maybe next week.

Hey guys ! I know you all are applying this cycle to dental school ( I wish you all luck !) but I have one question. I wish to attend meharry but was told that a masters degree is pointless when applying to MMC. Is that true? My Undergrad GPA wasn't where I wanted it <3.0 but my masters in biology is a 3.8 what do you think ?

im in a very similar situation, with DAT huge improvement as well!! have you received any interviews yet?

I called again today to see if I would get someone else on the phone willing to offer more information. The man I talked to said they are processing apps, but no invites have gone out yet. *sigh* Maybe next week.
Thank you for keeping us informed!

Reactions: 1 users
My status changed to Under review. BUt I haven't received anything yet either. Ugh..I hate how impatient I am but more so, I HATE how slow these schools are...

I dont know when they began but I received mine on Thursday the 28th. It could very well be the first batch. Or it could not

I dont know when they began but I received mine on Thursday the 28th. It could very well be the first batch. Or it could not
Congratulations!! That's awesome! You received hours via email right? When did your application go "under review?"

on AUG 22 I received an email aknowledging the reciept of my complete AADSAS app, and Meharry's supplemental app. It said it was ready to be passed on to the admissions committee. Allow 6weeks for review and no need to contact them. And yes the interview invite was by email

I
on AUG 22 I received an email aknowledging the reciept of my complete AADSAS app, and Meharry's supplemental app. It said it was ready to be passed on to the admissions committee. Allow 6weeks for review and no need to contact them. And yes the interview invite was by email

Mine went under review right after so fingers crossed!!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

is there somewhere where the status can be checked or is it just a waiting game?

Interview #1

School: Meharry
Notification date: 10/11
Method of notification: email
Residency: MD
Application complete date: 10/6
GPA (science, overall) 3.73 sGPA/3.85 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/24/none

Last edited:
Interview #1

School: Meharry
Notification date: 10/11
Method of notification: email
Residency: MD
Application complete date: 10/6
GPA (science, overall) 3.73 sGPA/3.85 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/24/none
Wow they processed your application quickly !

Interview #12
App complete 8/30
Residency GA

Wow they processed your application quickly !
Yes they did! I was seriously anticipating hearing from back no earlier than the end of this month honestly! I applied so late in comparison to everyone else here.

Yes they did! I was seriously anticipating hearing from back no earlier than the end of this month honestly! I applied so late in comparison to everyone else here.
Yea. I applied in August and still waiting for anything !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.