*** The Official Meharry College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed in February and haven't heard anything yet either. I'm also not a traditional student so I know exactly how you feel!

I'm also non-traditional. Definitely still going to put my best foot forward. I just like to know some of these details to prepare myself :). Appreciate your insight and kind words. Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! At my interview, they mentioned MAPS and stated that we would have to take an exam and the end of the program and then we would get a week off before D1 classes started. However, based off of last years 2018-2019 academic calendar it appears that we start classes right after MAPS done. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Here is the link to last year's calendar that I am referring to https://home.mmc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/sod2018.pdf

Hey, I am a current student at Meharry I will be happy to talk to you about living situations as well. I got the same error message when I tried to DM you. I will tell you this: every student gets a parking pass, so you can decide if you want to live on campus and walk to class, or drive to class from an arguably better place off campus.

On campus Housing Options (You only pay electric, water and internet provided):
Dorthy Brown Hall (the worst, but cheapest option)
Royal Towers (Not terrible, mid priced ~$800+ for single bedroom apt)
Morena Place (New building. Very nice. Very expensive. Think its abt $1000)

Most people who live off campus end up living at:
Bellevue Apartments (this is where most people live and this is also where pool parties are typically held if you care to go to those with people on campus)
The Parc at Metro Center ( a little quieter, really nice apartments though)
Just know that if you find a place to live you want to live either on campus, or at least a 10 min drive away from campus. The immediate surrounding apartments are either in the hood or super expensive because of Vanderbilt (which is a couple blocks away).
Thank you so much. I appreciate you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! At my interview, they mentioned MAPS and stated that we would have to take an exam and the end of the program and then we would get a week off before D1 classes started. However, based off of last years 2018-2019 academic calendar it appears that we start classes right after MAPS done. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Here is the link to last year's calendar that I am referring to https://home.mmc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/sod2018.pdf

According to next year’s calendar, we end MAPS Friday July 26, and begin D1 classes Monday July 29

Attachments

• AB8389AE-C9DA-4E40-907D-CB762189C61D.png
    AB8389AE-C9DA-4E40-907D-CB762189C61D.png
    250.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 9713959C-7E6C-4AC0-9051-87CF5AD46966.png
    9713959C-7E6C-4AC0-9051-87CF5AD46966.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 131
Does anybody know if Meharry is still sending out interview invitations?

Reactions: 1 user
I was in Nashville tihs past weekend searching for housing. The options are plenty! Please message me if you're looking for a roommate! Thanks!

I just had my interview and they said today was the biggest group of interviewees that they’ve ever had. Also, they said that out of 3500 applicants they interview 121 for a class size of 62

Apparently MHS invites have been going out to the MD students today. I don't know about the dental school l though...
I can second this. My friend applied med route and got an interview for the MHS program yesterday, I believe! When I spoke with admissions this past weekend, they said they were a tad bit behind schedule with MHS interviews due to the large volume of interviews this year. FYI

Hey everyone! Congrats to those who have received acceptances. I’m a current D1 student at Meharry. I’m currently looking to sell my dining room table. It’s completely brand new. For those interested, please DM me. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask me. So excited to meet you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any accepted student that is a male, looking for a roommate, shoot me a message! Looking for a roommate for the year.

Just got the acceptance letter today!!!! Interviewed March 22nd

Reactions: 7 users
I just had my interview and they said today was the biggest group of interviewees that they’ve ever had. Also, they said that out of 3500 applicants they interview 121 for a class size of 62
Did they mention if they were done interviewing?

they did not say that they are done interviewing but they did say that we’re one of the last remaining interview groups. So I’d say there more interviews
Did they mention if they were done interviewing?

You are blessed! I may not know you but I'm genuinely happy for you. I can't wait until my day comes. Come on and accept me already Meharry!
Thank you I really appreciate that!!’ I’m giving up my spot here so I really hope it goes to you

Does anyone know if Meharry does silent rejections or do they email you letting you know that you weren't selected?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Meharry do silent rejections or do they email you letting you know that you weren't selected?
When I applied straight out of undergrad I received an email informing me of my rejection. If you want specifics, it was 04/03/17

Hang in there y'all. The Facebook group now has 37 in the group. Its been kind of quiet so Im just trying to help keep hope alive.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there will be any more interview dates?

I think that they are done interviewing for the DDS class of 2023. I was told that they will send out final set of acceptances early next week for those who interviewed for DDS. Understand that they are extremely backed up so stay calm and don't lose hope just yet. Plus don't forget that the MHS program is still an option if they like your application and think you have potential.

I think that they are done interviewing for the DDS class of 2023. I was told that they will send out final set of acceptances early next week for those who interviewed for DDS. Understand that they are extremely backed up so stay calm and don't lose hope just yet. Plus don't forget that the MHS program is still an option if they like your application and think you have potential.
I wonder if calling to check on things is a bad idea and viewed as being pushy.

I wonder if calling to check on things is a bad idea and viewed as being pushy.

I don't know the answer to that but I can tell you that I am determined to get in. I want admissions to know that I am committed to Meharry's mission and the calling on my life. I will just keep applying, keep calling and keep praying until that door is open!

Did anyone get any MHS invitations? And do y’all know if we have to interview for MHS or they just send out admission notices

Has anyone recently heard anything ?
I was accepted to D1 on April 5th. I put down a deposit that day and only just got confirmation they received it on April 15th. Definitely seems like they're behind so hang in there!

I will likely deactivate my account soon but will stay on long enough to answer all questions you guys may have. This website has served its purpose. 7 years of dreaming, praying and hoping for this moment. Now I can finally move forward. Im thinking about writing one last underdog thread to encourage someone like me that needs to know that it IS possible to achieve your dreams. God bless!

I will likely deactivate my account soon but will stay on long enough to answer all questions you guys may have. This website has served its purpose. 7 years of dreaming, praying and hoping for this moment. Now I can finally move forward. Im thinking about writing one last underdog thread to encourage someone like me that needs to know that it IS possible to achieve your dreams. God bless!

Why deactivate your account? What if someone comes along in a year or so with questions? Questions for you specifically?!?! Congratulations on your acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But don't run off just yet lol, simply step away, and periodically check SDN to answer whatever questions the "next doc" may have. Stay and pass on the knowledge.

Reactions: 3 users
Why deactivate your account? What if someone comes along in a year or so with questions? Questions for you specifically?!?! Congratulations on your acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But don't run off just yet lol, simply step away, and periodically check SDN to answer whatever questions the "next doc" may have. Stay and pass on the knowledge.

After thinking about this for some time I have to agree with you. It's my time to give back. You guys can continue to PM me like many have been doing already. Trust me I understand the struggle of waiting. The admissions manager stated that they are really backed up so there is still time.

FYI if accepted you will get an email like this:

Dear BLACKTEXASDOC,

Thank you for your interest in Meharry Medical College. Your School of Dentistry admissions decision is now available online
(If you need your password reset, please click on the Contact our Help Desk at [email protected]).

Please note that you can access your decision under the Dental Supplemental Application section.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After logging into the Meharry portal you will see your official online letter you will be given instructions. It will basically give you instructions to accept/deny along with agreement to pay $800 deposit to reserve seat. I have not received any more info from Meharry after my acceptance. Also, my AADSAS status still says "Received/Complete" even though I have been accepted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
This silence hurts :confused:I’ve tried to email admissions and no response. I called and the person didn’t tell me much just mentioned that they sent out a huge wave of emails within the past few days and I should expect something soon. I ended up emailing my interviewers not long ago and they referred me to admissions(who hasn’t even replied to any of my emails) I’m starting to lose hope.

I share your hurt. Once I gain admission whether this year or next, I vow to learn insider admissions information to make the application process less stressful for future applicants. A better system should be in place to provide additional details on status. The anxiety of waiting months for a decision after your interview is daunting. And if that decision is not favorable, it was a pretty slow death lol. To end on a good note, prepare for the worst and hope for the best! Start preparing to apply as soon as the next application cycle opens. Hopefully we all hear good news before then, but don’t let this deter you from any goal you strive for in life. Work on what you can control to optimize your chances and eventually we will gain admission.

This silence hurts :confused:I’ve tried to email admissions and no response. I called and the person didn’t tell me much just mentioned that they sent out a huge wave of emails within the past few days and I should expect something soon. I ended up emailing my interviewers not long ago and they referred me to admissions(who hasn’t even replied to any of my emails) I’m starting to lose hope.
Stay strong. Delay doesn’t mean denial! ;) We’re bound to hear something soon enough.

I am truly disappointed in my dream school. I’ve wanted to attend Meharry since I was a young girl but this long wait is draining. Im moving forward and applying to grad programs to prepare myself for when I apply next cycle to more programs. Not giving up but reconsidering my options

Has anyone received a rejection or invite to the MHS program?

I think the class is full now. We have 58 in the FB group now. I still haven't heard word about financial aid, registration or anything. However they did give me a school email. I truly hope that you guys that are still waiting will be granted admission into MHS at least. There are a couple of you that I am literally praying for daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.