****The Official MOSDOH class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

here's the lowdown... 42 seats for the first class. admissions committee will meet once at beginning of june and review all interviewees. all those 'accepted' will be notified by email or phone call. however, it will be as a "preferred candidate" b/c they will be having their final initial accreditation meeting august 1st. once they pass, all "preferred candidates" will be fully accepted and classes start september 30th. hope this helps everyone understand whats going on with MOSDOH

Members don't see this ad.

Any info on how many they are interviewing?
What was the interview like?

Members don't see this ad :)
They just begun to interview last week and this is a new school so unless someone from the first couple of interview groups will share any information that is the only way to really get any information about it. Also, from what I could tell during my interview registration, they are interviewing a morning and afternoon group every Monday and Friday from mid-April until the end of May. I may be wrong but those were the dates I could choose from when I registered and it seems to agree with all the other posted information already about the school.

Also thanks for the preferred candidate explanation and initial accreditation information. That clears up the most of the questions to be asked on here until interviews start flowing.

Hi everyone, I accepted an interview invite at MOSDOH earlier this month and booked my flight and hotels for it already. However, I was recently accepted at USC have accepted their offer. I'm going to be a TROJAN! :D

Anywho, everything I booked was refundable except for the plane ticket from St. Louis airport to Kirksville, in which I received a full credit for it. If anyone is planning their trip to MOSDOH now I am selling the ticket for a fraction of the price!

My previous travel plan:

Fly from my place to St. Louis
St. Louis to Kirksville Muni airport ($100 ticket)
Depot Hotel picks me up from the Kirksville airport
Depot also had a shuttle to pickup/drop off from campus and back to the airport.

After a lot of research, this is the BEST way to get to MOSDOH if you are out of state.
You would not have to make the 3.5 hour drive from the other airport to Kirksville and would not have to rent a car (which costs way more then the $100 ticket)! You save time and money! Nobody wants to make the 3.5 hr drive while prepping for an interview.

So if anyone is interested in the ticket, please contact me and we can work out a good deal!!

Best of luck to those still waiting!!

Hi everyone, I accepted an interview invite at MOSDOH earlier this month and booked my flight and hotels for it already. However, I was recently accepted at USC have accepted their offer. I'm going to be a TROJAN! :D

Anywho, everything I booked was refundable except for the plane ticket from St. Louis airport to Kirksville, in which I received a full credit for it. If anyone is planning their trip to MOSDOH now I am selling the ticket for a fraction of the price!

My previous travel plan:

Fly from my place to St. Louis
St. Louis to Kirksville Muni airport ($100 ticket)
Depot Hotel picks me up from the Kirksville airport
Depot also had a shuttle to pickup/drop off from campus and back to the airport.

After a lot of research, this is the BEST way to get to MOSDOH if you are out of state.
You would not have to make the 3.5 hour drive from the other airport to Kirksville and would not have to rent a car (which costs way more then the $100 ticket)! You save time and money! Nobody wants to make the 3.5 hr drive while prepping for an interview.

So if anyone is interested in the ticket, please contact me and we can work out a good deal!!

Best of luck to those still waiting!!

Congrats on your acceptance!!! Really wishing I hadnt bought my ticket already :( best of luck!

Congrats on everyone invited to interview and good luck to those waiting! Does anyone know around how many people they are going to interview for these 42 spots? Since it's late in the cycle, I'm going to have to get ready for reapplication just in case this doesn't work out :/

Congrats on everyone invited to interview and good luck to those waiting! Does anyone know around how many people they are going to interview for these 42 spots? Since it's late in the cycle, I'm going to have to get ready for reapplication just in case this doesn't work out :/
When I asked, they were not sure exactly how many people will be interviewed. However, I was told that they had 16 seats available per interview day. If my memory serves me, I believe I remember seeing about 13 interview days. Doing the math, they have no more than 208 interview slots alotted. Which represents a 20% chance of gaining a seat. With that said, the number of people in my interview session was 4...half the amount of seats physically utilized. Therefore, the odds are easily greater than 20% (my guestimation is that it is more likely in the 25% range) that one being interviewed would gain a seat. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
i believe there was 17 total slots (morning and afternoon) when i first counted the day i received the interview invite... also the morning group on my interview day only had 5 interviewees while my afternoon group (like zakerum said) only had 4. i doubt that each slot will fill the allotted 8 people max. but you also have to take into account those who are on other alternate lists and will be hearing back within the next couple weeks or even those who interview with acceptances somewhere else and cant afford to wait till June.

in regards to reapplying, i would have all LORs, transcripts, info, PS filled out just in case and wait till MOSDOH makes a decision by 2nd week of June before you e-submit. that way you can save yourself some serious cash.

just my 2 cents. good luck to everyone

i believe there was 17 total slots (morning and afternoon) when i first counted the day i received the interview invite... also the morning group on my interview day only had 5 interviewees while my afternoon group (like zakerum said) only had 4. i doubt that each slot will fill the allotted 8 people max. but you also have to take into account those who are on other alternate lists and will be hearing back within the next couple weeks or even those who interview with acceptances somewhere else and cant afford to wait till June.

in regards to reapplying, i would have all LORs, transcripts, info, PS filled out just in case and wait till MOSDOH makes a decision by 2nd week of June before you e-submit. that way you can save yourself some serious cash.

just my 2 cents. good luck to everyone
I would completely agree with gcecchini. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. If we were to take gcecchini's numbers, there is about a 55% chance of acceptance. I like his odds a lot better than mine. :)

I would completely agree with gcecchini. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. If we were to take gcecchini's numbers, there is about a 55% chance of acceptance. I like his odds a lot better than mine. :)

I dont think its a 55% chance, that would mean they are only interviewing 76 people. Although I would love to think that, im sure the number is still between 125-130.

Thanks for the great advice. This is all so nerve wrecking. It's going to be annoying to get more recommendation letters but better safe than sorry. I have better professors to ask this time around though so hoping for the best :)

do you guys think it'll be one on one or group interviews? i wish i saved my secondary app, i don't even remember what it looked like :D

I don't know the answer to that question. Would anyone who has interviewed be kind enough to tell us if the interview contains current event questions like at ASDOH? Did you have to do an activity with a peg board?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know the answer to that question. Would anyone who has interviewed be kind enough to tell us if the interview contains current event questions like at ASDOH? Did you have to do an activity with a peg board?
This school is very much like ASDOH. Therefore, prepare as if you received an interview at ASDOH. ;)

correct me if im wrong, but i believe ASDOH got rid of their current event questions that they used to have years ago.

Current event questions were axed from asdoh's interview years ago. The 30-minute slot for 'group activity' is probably the same as ASDOH's group presentation thing if I had to guess.

Congrats on your acceptance!!! Really wishing I hadnt bought my ticket already :( best of luck!
Thank you!! Best of luck to you too!! :D

Btw, the ticket is still available if anyone needs it. I have a $100 credit for the ticket so if interested I can book the flight in your name/info for $50. Message me & good luck to everyone!

Current event questions were axed from asdoh's interview years ago. The 30-minute slot for 'group activity' is probably the same as ASDOH's group presentation thing if I had to guess.

would there be any way to prepare for this group activity?

would there be any way to prepare for this group activity?

Maybe read past feedback. That's just in case it's the same thing. If it's not, the general rule is to be yourself and interact. Don't be quiet. But don't be overbearing. Fine balance of nice guy who contributes.

Maybe read past feedback. That's just in case it's the same thing. If it's not, the general rule is to be yourself and interact. Don't be quiet. But don't be overbearing. Fine balance of nice guy who contributes.

makes sense, thanks for the advice! :oops:

I canceled my interview last Tuesday, hopefully someone will get that invite. Good luck!!!

for those who interviewed, did you guys need to bring anything with you to the interview?

for those who interviewed, did you guys need to bring anything with you to the interview?
They provided us with everything we could have possibly needed during the interview process.

I canceled my interview yesterday for next week. I hope they fill the spot to give someone else a chance. otherwise better odds for those of you who are taking the long trip for a spot. took me 5 cycles and I am in one of my top 2 choices so I couldn't be happier.

Thank you!! Best of luck to you too!! :D

Btw, the ticket is still available if anyone needs it. I have a $100 credit for the ticket so if interested I can book the flight in your name/info for $50. Message me & good luck to everyone!

Is it for a specific date? I'm interviewing on Monday the 20th, planning on flying in Sunday. I may be interested, haven't booked a rental car yet.

I canceled my interview yesterday for next week. I hope they fill the spot to give someone else a chance. otherwise better odds for those of you who are taking the long trip for a spot. took me 5 cycles and I am in one of my top 2 choices so I couldn't be happier.

Congrats!!!

WVU School of Dentistry
Class of 2017

Did anyone who interviewed, not want to attend the school?

well now since all interviews are over, looks like we have to sit and wait for good news... anyone from the later interviews know what the specific date they told us that we would be notified? seriously have been counting down the days!

well now since all interviews are over, looks like we have to sit and wait for good news... anyone from the later interviews know what the specific date they told us that we would be notified? seriously have been counting down the days!

"Second or third week in June", at which time they can't legally tell us 'you're in'... they can just tell us if we're on the 'preferred list' or not. But... it sounds like the preferred list will be the accepted students, that they will have a waiting list, and anyone else they'll definitively tell them "not this year". Their official accreditation is expected in August, school starting Sept 30.

I'm personally getting everything together for next cycle, but not submitting it until I hear one way or the other. I'm obviously going to take the spot if they offer it... even after being there for the bad weather. :)

Sept 30! Are they doing 1st year boards with summer off to take it? I imagine Sept 30 wasn't the plan before the accreditation delay.

So, what's the word on the clinic?

does anyone remember how many people interviewed on their day :)? Id love to get some math going while we wait this thing out lol. On May 10th there were 11 people total.

Sept 30! Are they doing 1st year boards with summer off to take it? I imagine Sept 30 wasn't the plan before the accreditation delay.

So, what's the word on the clinic?

i believe that clinic is being built in st louis right now and all D3s will move there for rotations. then the D4s will travel to various designated health clinics in the U.S. and do 6 week rotations

Anyone know how many applicants were interviewed total?
Also, why are they waiting until mid-June to meet if interviews are over now??
Do they have a set meeting date?

Everyone is just really anxious by now.....:eek:

Anyone know how many applicants were interviewed total?
Also, why are they waiting until mid-June to meet if interviews are over now??
Do they have a set meeting date?

Everyone is just really anxious by now.....:eek:

I believe they meet either June 1 or 3 and begin looking over applicants. Maybe they will be finished before mid-June. Id like to know right now though!

I really dislike how we find out our status after the new application cycle opens :/

I believe they meet either June 1 or 3 and begin looking over applicants. Maybe they will be finished before mid-June. Id like to know right now though!

We'll finish at the same time as ASDOH, with essentially 9.5 months to do 12 months' worth of work. The current D1's were in SIM for 5-6 weeks, I assume that's one of the ways they plan on getting caught up.

Clinic - New clinic being built in St. Louis, site pending, co-run by Grace Hill I believe. Rotations will include the clinic back in Kirksville, but it sounds like some of it will remain there at the St. Louis location.

Decisions - I would imagine they start shaking everything down starting next Monday, if they haven't already. They're making all the decisions at once, so the several weeks is understandable. I asked several people several different ways, and the most concise answer I could get was "the second or third week in June, we'll let you know if you're on the 'preferred list', since we can't officially accept anyone until August."

I don't remember how many interviewed on my day... there were 6 in my afternoon session on May 20th. I think there were 8 in the morning, but I'm not positive. They also mentioned 'maybe' doing an additional week of interviews (next week), since their first week was so empty. Not sure what will happen there. I got my call the week before the May 6th availability date, but had finals that week, so I'm sure that affected a few other candidates as well.

I really dislike how we find out our status after the new application cycle opens :/

I'm prepping everything, but not submitting/paying until I hear from MOSDOH. I have a summer school science class I want on my transcript anyway, so waiting until then isn't as big a deal.

as long as we fill everything out early and get our transcript matching forms in, we shouldnt be very far behind the rest if we have to apply again. transcript matching forms take at least 2 weeks anyways :/

I interviewed on the last day they held interviews, which was May 24. When I asked they said they had just over 1000 applicants and about 120 interview, though they admitted it was not quite that many because a few people dropped out at the last second (hence the lower number each interview day). So my guess would be between 100-110. Not bad odds for 42 seats! (compared to most schools).

They told us that they would let us know back by about the third week in June. They said if "preferred" (basically accepted...) we would start school September 30 (pending accreditation. They kept saying that they were not worried about getting accredited and that everything should go smooth when they come to visit.

Any thoughts about the interview and school? I liked the town of Kirksville and thought it was actually pretty cool. Though I am glad that all four years are not there. It will be fun to get out to St. Louis and to other areas where we will do clinical rotations! As far as the school, it is hard to tell because we never got to tour the new building and see what the dental school will be like. The staff seemed nice and understanding and what I loved about the new school is that all of the faculty and admissions people really seemed like they cared and wanted feedback and were willing to improve and change themselves. Most admissions committees and deans of more established schools I have visited have given me the cold shoulder and treated me like I am just another number in the applicant pool... which I guess is quite accurate (haha), but this school seems like they actually care and have a fresh view of the students I think!

Last edited:
I interviewed on the last day they held interviews, which was May 24. When I asked they said they had just over 1000 applicants and about 120 interview, though they admitted it was not quite that many because a few people dropped out at the last second (hence the lower number each interview day). So my guess would be between 100-110. Not bad odds for 42 seats! (compared to most schools).

They told us that they would let us know back by about the third week in June. They said if "preferred" (basically accepted...) we would start school September 30 (pending accreditation. They kept saying that they were not worried about getting accredited and that everything should go smooth when they come to visit.

Any thoughts about the interview and school? I liked the town of Kirksville and thought it was actually pretty cool. Though I am glad that all four years are not there. It will be fun to get out to St. Louis and to other areas where we will do clinical rotations! As far as the school, it is hard to tell because we never got to tour the new building and see what the dental school will be like. The staff seemed nice and understanding and what I loved about the new school is that all of the faculty and admissions people really seemed like they cared and wanted feedback and were willing to improve and change themselves. Most admissions committees and deans of more established schools I have visited have given me the cold shoulder and treated me like I am just another number in the applicant pool... which I guess is quite accurate (haha), but this school seems like they actually care and have a fresh view of the students I think!

Random opinion...

I've been following this school for a while. Having to move to St. Louis seems weird to me, but you have a good point about what it might be like spending four years in Kirksville. Everything I've seen about newer schools, is that faculty is fresh and you will be treated well. People who don't fit their approach to education simply aren't hired. They're building from the ground up and can make the program how they want it. There's a little less bureaucracy than an older school. There are benefits to both, but that's just what I've seen when I interviewed at new schools.

For anyone accepted, I'd take it! Unless you're feeling really confident about the next cycle and maybe less tuition elsewhere. I, too, think accreditation won't be an issue (like I know what I'm talking about...). It seemed like a paperwork issue last summer that delayed everything. AT has been in the business of healthcare education a LONG time. And ASDOH is really on fire (great clinical experience, great specialty placement and board/licensing passing rates so far, great ways to beef up your application along the way with all this P/F stuff coming about, they've mastered the external rotation thing as a key component of their curriculum vs. just a little something extra a school offers etc.). Good luck to you all! I hope you hear sooner than later. This new-cycle timing thing is a little frustrating I imagine. Hopefully, it pays off. If not, you'll still be really early in the application cycle.

End of random opinion.

New word on the street from a member of the admissions board is they interviewed less than 100, and deliberations have begun. Here goes!

Hope to hear news either way as the wait is so agonizing...
Good news would be better :)

Hope to hear news either way as the wait is so agonizing...
Good news would be better :)

you're telling me! im dying over here studying for a DAT retake in case need for reapplying. gotta be prepared :/ thanks for the update guys. got fingers crossed for all of us!

Last edited:
Was anyone told how we will find out? email? snail mail?

So there's at LEAST a 40% chance of us getting accepted? Sounds too good to be true lol...but may the odds be ever in our favor :)

New word on the street from a member of the admissions board is they interviewed less than 100, and deliberations have begun. Here goes!

Wow! If this is the case our odds have gotten much better.