**** The Official MUSC 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Maybe.a.dentist

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see one of these so lets get it going. Last year MUSC started their interviews on September 11'th so hopefully interview invites won't be long in getting here.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else have "not yet" under the tab for marked as complete when you check the status of your app? Mine's been that way for a couple weeks now

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have "not yet" under the tab for marked as complete when you check the status of your app? Mine's been that way for a couple weeks now

i think it will stay that way until aug. i don't think they will start reviewing application until then.

Just FYI for anyone wondering, I accidentally submitted the secondary without filling in most of it. I called them up to see if I could re-do it and they said that it was fine, most of the info on the secondary is redundant with AADSAS so it's really not necessary to fill out. It seems like they just do it because it's a common platform for their other programs.

It's on the page where you can check your application status after entering CNET ID and email. The link to this page was sent via email from MUSC

Did you hit submit and pay the fee yet? I remember seeing "Not yet" before I hit submit, but once I submitted and paid, the status changed to "Submitted".

Marked as complete on 7/20. Hopefully I hear back from them (#1 choice) soon.

just got an interview at musc!!!!!!

I got the call for at interview today! September 23'rd.

congrats guys! what state are you guys from?

Members don't see this ad :)
sc, i also got an interview 9/23

Nice! Best of luck! Do you guys mind sharing your stats?

Is the 23'rd the first interview date they have this year? Last year they started a little earlier.

Does anyone know how many OOS students MUSC takes per cycle? What about average MCAT scores?

Does anyone know how many OOS students MUSC takes per cycle? What about average MCAT scores?

MCAT? Are you asking about their college of medicine? This thread is for their dental school.

Early Decision here - interviewing Sept. 9th. GPA 4.0 MCAT 517

ADEA 2014 Stats for MUSC
Target Class Size: 74 with a preference for in-state.
In-state: 50; Out-of-state: 25; International: 0
DAT Ave: 20; PAT Ave: 21; DAT Range: 16-24; PAT Range: 16-26
GPA Ave: 3.66; SCI Ave: 3.61; GPA Range: 2.77-4; SCI Range: 3.02-4
Age Ave: 24; Age Range: 22-32

I don't have MUSC on my AADSAS portal, but my CNET says submitted. Should I call AADSAS or do they just only update CNET?

I don't have MUSC on my AADSAS portal, but my CNET says submitted. Should I call AADSAS or do they just only update CNET?

MUSC isn't on my AADSAS either, so you should be fine. I got an interview call on Friday, so whatever is on CNET should be correct.

For those of you with interviews, what date was your app marked complete on CNET?

Hey everyone,
I'm a D1 at MUSC if you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Anyone with an interview this Friday the 23rd??

Interview invite for Friday November 4th! IS

Interview invite for November 18th.

Hey everyone,
I'm a D1 at MUSC if you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Hi, I have my interview next week. If you could give me one piece of advice what would it be?

Hi! I feel like not many people are posting here but hopefully someone can give me advice. I'm OOS and my application has been complete since July but I haven't heard anything from MUSC. It's definitely one of my top choices so, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with calling/emailing just to check in and show interest. I would love to get an interview here.

Hi! I feel like not many people are posting here but hopefully someone can give me advice. I'm OOS and my application has been complete since July but I haven't heard anything from MUSC. It's definitely one of my top choices so, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with calling/emailing just to check in and show interest. I would love to get an interview here.

I'm a D1 at MUSC. Hang tight, lots of OOS interviews were given later in the cycle!

Do you know if how many interview sessions they have each month?
I had my interview yesterday (11-4) and it went great, it was fantastic! Everybody was so nice and helpful, this is the Dental School for me!

Last edited: