****The Official MUSC Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

What do you mean the accidental "please check back dec 3rd?" Was there somewhere to check or something?

I got that message on the AADSAS website last week but it was taken down. Others got it too, some didn't. Speculation as to whether it means something good

Members don't see this ad.

I got that message on the AADSAS website last week but it was taken down. Others got it too, some didn't. Speculation as to whether it means something good

Ooh hmm.. Strange. I haven't checked mine lately.

I received the "check back message" over the weekend and was accepted today. Anyone want to start the fb group?
i was going to start one but I wanted to wait until a few more people got in and finalized their decision... i can try to start one though now though if people would like?

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted!! oos here and ups package came in the mail today!

I got my letter this afternoon! I'm in state, but I go to college out of state so maybe that's why I didn't get it yesterday. I also didn't get that AADSAS check back message that was mentioned. My interview was September 7. Congrats to everybody who is accepted and good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Got my acceptance package as well!!
It came in sometime Dec. 3rd I believe, no one was home and parents didn't discover it till later the next morning! Haha
Interviewed Nov. 2!
No status change on AADSAS for me. Congrats to everyone that got in and good luck to those that haven't gotten the package yet!!

Seems like some of you had MUSC on your ADDSAS School Decisions page. I interviewed there but they don't show up on mine. Neither do several other schools. Anyone else have this situation with MUSC?

Seems like some of you had MUSC on your ADDSAS School Decisions page. I interviewed there but they don't show up on mine. Neither do several other schools. Anyone else have this situation with MUSC?
MUSC has never been on my AADSAS either...hmmmm

They didn't show up on my School Decisions page either but I was accepted.

Anybody have a clue when they should be sending out more letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the Nov 30th interview heard anything yet?

I think they send them out in smaller numbers through December, and then send another large grouping the beginning of January after all (most) of the Interviews are over (at least the ones of 2012). This is just what I've heard from others. I wish we knew for sure.

I think they send them out in smaller numbers through December, and then send another large grouping the beginning of January after all (most) of the Interviews are over (at least the ones of 2012). This is just what I've heard from others. I wish we knew for sure.

Ok cool. Thanks!

I'm assuming by the lack of posts that no one recieved letters today...well good luck to all next week! We can do it!

I'm assuming by the lack of posts that no one recieved letters today...well good luck to all next week! We can do it!

so do they only send out letters on Mondays or another specific day of the week? do we have any idea?

I think they put all the letters out in the beginning of the week and they trickle out though UPS. So far, no luck this week though, maybe another batch goes out early next week?

does anyone remember what the estimated cost of living amount was?.. i am looking for apartments and want to try and figure out my budget... any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated lol :)

so do they only send out letters on Mondays or another specific day of the week? do we have any idea?

I don't think anyone knows for sure. However, I just recieved some possible legit information: They give accepted applicants 30 to accpet or reject, SOOO that would mean that the next round of letters should be the beginning of January, and THEN the final "big" round of letters will be 30 days after that or the beginning of February. It does make sense. However, it's just more "input" with no factual backing.

I got my letter of acceptance today. So excited. It looks like it was sent out on Tuesday but I wont be able to look at it all until tomorrow when I get home from school. So I still have no idea how they time the sending out their letters.

I got my letter of acceptance today. So excited. It looks like it was sent out on Tuesday but I wont be able to look at it all until tomorrow when I get home from school. So I still have no idea how they time the sending out their letters.

Congrats! When did you interview?

Patmacker, congrats! I also interviewed Sept 21, *hopefully* I'll get to see you again at school! :p

has anyone gotten a confirmation e-mail or anything after you paid the matriculation fee?... I looked at my bank account and it shows that they got it but I haven't heard anything from them yet....?

Does anyone know if there have been more acceptances?

I haven't heard of any and until the first of the new year ( first or second week of January) I doubt any will be sent out.

Hello Everyone,

I'll begin be saying Happy New Years. I have also been accepted to MUSC. I received my acceptance letter on December 3, 2012 and I went on my interview on September 21, 2012. I sent a friend request on Facebook for the Class of 2017 page. I'm excited to finally have a way to communicate with my future class mates. Congratulations to those who have already received acceptance letters and good luck to those who are still awaiting there acceptance letters.

Enjoy your New Year Everyone! :)

I received an email from Bill Liner a couple of days after the money was taken from my bank account. You should probably received an email very soon.

I also am having the issue where MUSC doesn't show up on my school decisions page, not sure what to make of this though.

I got in!!! UPS package came today 01/11. Interviewed November 30th. Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear something!

I got in!!! UPS package came today 01/11. Interviewed November 30th. Good Luck to everyone still waiting to hear something!

Congrats, I also had my interview Nov. 30th but I did not receive anything, oh well I guess I have to reapply next cycle

I also received my letter Thursday and interview date was nov 16th!

Hey, ya'll! Interviewed 12/14/12. Accepted 1/11/13. Super excited to move to South Carolina. Looking forward to meeting all my classmates for the next four years!

i interviewed november 2nd...still haven't heard back...called Bill Liner a couple times...said application is still under review...of those who got accepted, would you mind saring your stats?

I have a GPA of 3.68, SGPA of 3.57...took the DAT twice:
DAT (1st time): 18 AA/21 Perceptual/18 Total Sc/21 GC/18 Bio/ 19 OC/ 14 Reading/ and 19 Math

DAT: 19 AA/19 Perceptual/20 Total Sc/22 GC/20 Bio/ 19 OC/ 19 Reading/ and 16 Math:scared:

thinking of retaking again, but Bill Told me it would be of no benefit this cycle... :confused:
I have over 100 hours of dental shadowing experience and wrote a killer personal essay...idk im getting real scared...so far got 4 rejections and waitlisted at UDM Detroit... I've been living with my parents forever literally forever...thank god there isnt a dental school here in the city where i live...otherwise :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:
Im so desperateeeeeeeee I just want to get in anywhere and get out of my parents' house... I plan on possibly applying to masters programs either biomedical sciences or even public health as a backup (God forbid ) anyone suggest if it would be worth retaking the DAT once more?

If you really want to become a dentist, I would suggest taking it again (I had a 19/25). I am also still waiting to hear something but if I don't I will take the DAT again and take some classes this summer. If you really want to get in, work hard and be persistent and you will!

wow u went from a 19 to a 25? niceeeee....i just heard that the third time you retake a dat it isn't given much weight...how much gap did you have in between the first and second time you took it?

Oh no... I had a 19 academic, 25 perceptual! I wish I had 25 academic haha... The first was 17 AA 19 PA. I think if you boost your scores enough it won't matter that it is your 3rd time. I have also heard that MUSC will use your highest AA and highest PA even if they aren't from the same test (may not be true). Something to consider...good luck

25 PAT is still pretty decent! Yea i started studying again...got the cliff notes ap bio and using kaplan for gc and going to use these two orgo study guides I had from college...crack the dat and kaplans online resources as practice material....kaplan was horrible for PAT prep...first time i used ccrack the dat pat and didnt practice much still made a 21 kaplan i practiced their pat material rigorously made a 19 kinda crazy lol we will see what it does...UDM said if i take another DAT before May and do better and fax over my scores the chance of moving from the alternate list to the acceptance list will go higher...lets see what happens

Good luck studying, but just remember you can always re-apply next cycle. I would also focus on getting some more experience and community service (maybe grab a job as an assistant or just sterilizing instruments) to show your dedication to your goals. I will probably take some summer classes and do some more volunteer work to boost my application. I think those applicants that can offer something other than just high scores are more likely to get accepted. Stay optimistic!

does anyone know what it means if MUSC doesn't show up on my school decisions page on AADSAS? It's been missing for months. This could be good or bad?

I'm not sure why, but this seems to be the case with a lot of in state applicants. It's not something I would worry too much about.

Did anyone here back form them lately? and anybody knows when they send the rejections for people who had interviewed??

They told me in my interview back in november that rejections would go out mid febuary...so any day now. I called them this week for an update, but they didn't say much. Has anybody been wait-listed yet?

A friend of mine just got accepted today so...I guess the ones of us that didn't get one will be getting wait listed or rejected soon. :(

Sorry guys, disregard my last comment. My friend got accepted to Boston. I read her text incorrectly, so apparently they (MUSC) haven't sent out the last round yet. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

I talked to Mr. Liner a week or so ago and he said the committee decided to wait until they finish up with interviews to send out more acceptances. He said we should definitely hear something by the end of February or so.