****The Official New England Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Hey man I was wondering, you dont think you'll get any other interviews with those stats? What other schools did you get invitations from? How many applications did you put in? Also, what did you get on QR? JWondering to know what my chances are, THANKS!! (:)

I had 9 interviews ASDOH, UNLV, Coloardo, Nebraska, Case Western, Temple, NYU, Minnesota, New England. I didn't go to New England or Temple....I put in 14 applications I believe. QR was a 19 :thumbdown:. Best of luck to you! Any interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know how many they plan to interview vs accept?

Anyone know how many they plan to interview vs accept?
At the interview I was told they plan to interview approximately 220 and accept 45-48 students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey anyone doing a December interview?:) if yes when?

Does anyone else's status on aadsas still say "invited for interview" ??

Thanks and good luck to all who interviewed here!

Same....mine still says "Invited for Interview"
I'm getting super nervous now

Don't be nervous! I remember Isaac saying at the interview that nothing will change until Monday. When I was invited for the interview…my AADSAS didn't update until I received their email. I'm assuming it is the same for acceptance, etc. He said he would send emails Monday morning and they MAY call us too.

so we wouldnt know til tom morning?

then guess i will be an owl all night, with my phone

I just got an email saying that they're going to communicate decisions today and that he will email us during the day if we have a change in our status. Basically an instruction email.

Anyone else receive this??

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email saying that they're going to communicate decisions today and that he will email us during the day if we have a change in our status. Basically an instruction email.

Anyone else receive this??

Same, so I am guessing it not me... Lol

It sounded like a standard email that everyone got to me. I got so excited when I saw it lol. Makes sense since its their first year doing this.

Just got the call from Dr. Koelbl at UNE! I'm in!!!!

So what now... We will wait for another n amount of time... Will it be within Dec?? I just really wish to know my result even it is unfortunate one.

getting nervous
anyone else receiving a call from Dr.koelbl?

Just got the call from the Dean. He was very nice on the phone. Wish the best of luck to everyone. This is a hard/stressful time for us all.

Just got the call from the Dean. He was very nice on the phone. Wish the best of luck to everyone. This is a hard/stressful time for us all.

Also congradulations, apparently the entire class was not filled today, but I doubt that is true, I just want to congratulate all that got accepted!

I'm in! Of the schools I interviewed at, this was my top choice.

Congratulations to everyone who got in today, and good luck to those who are still waiting. A lot can and will change between now and March/April/May. It sounds like not all the seats were filled today, and even those seats that did get filled may vacate if people choose to go elsewhere.

So I missed the deans THREE phone calls today, I must've put my home phone on my application instead of my cell phone! I'm mortified! For the people that got the call today from the dean, did you also get the e-mail at the same time? Because he called me three times but I never recieved any e-mail.......

Worried.:scared:

i didnt get a call today.. i really want to believe he will make a call tom. with hope that the class was not filled yet

Still no word, and my status still says "invited for interview." It sure would be nice to recieve an acceptance! :scared:

Mine still says Invited for Interview...I really hope they havent called everyone who was accepted today. :(

Congrats everyone.
Does anyone actually know a lot of offers were made today? You guys seem to think most of the seats are taken now...any reasoning?

Do most schools fill most their seats the first day of offers in December? - I don't think so..correct me if I'm wrong (if you know for a fact)

I got a call from Dr. Koelbl at around 12:30 today. I haven't received an email yet.

Congrats everyone.
Does anyone actually know a lot of offers were made today? You guys seem to think most of the seats are taken now...any reasoning?

Do most schools fill most their seats the first day of offers in December? - I don't think so..correct me if I'm wrong (if you know for a fact)

Ok, here is my reasoning, 3-2 phone calls, about 5 minutes of time, 48 seats about 4 hours, he started calling 8:45 am and finished no later than 1:00 pm, so correct me if I am wrong, but the rest is self explanatory. Damn it and its the only school I applied... B/c I live on New England.

My interview was a matter of fact the very first, in August, also I don't believe in rolling admissions tale, b/c of my early interview. The only hope is if some one defers admissions for diffrent school. But again I emailed, asked politely for a wait list, and was told no such thing existed. I think it all comes down like dean said, If a. You have a masters degree, b. if they like you. C. Your grades... I don't think even residency is a factor... Good luck to everyone, I'm gonna stop dreaming my friends....

Also, it would be nice if they be honest with applicants right away, so tell them, you did not make the cut, "sorry son", lol...

Last edited:
Ok, here is my reasoning, 3-2 phone calls, about 5 minutes of time, 48 seats about 4 hours, he started calling 8:45 am and finished no later than 1:00 pm, so correct me if I am wrong, but the rest is self explanatory. Damn it and its the only school I applied... B/c I live on New England.

My interview was a matter of fact the very first, in August, also I don't believe in rolling admissions tale, b/c of my early interview. The only hope is if some one defers admissions for diffrent school. But again I emailed, asked politely for a wait list, and was told no such thing existed. I think it all comes down like dean said, If a. You have a masters degree, b. if they like you. C. Your grades... I don't think even residency is a factor... Good luck to everyone, I'm gonna stop dreaming my friends....

Also, it would be nice if they be honest with applicants right away, so tell them, you did not make the cut, "sorry son", lol...

Dang...that's crazy! I don't know why they wouldn't take a person living in that area after saying preference is given to the people from NE!

I really hope you get in though! :xf:

And don't give up on yourself yet!!

My opinion would be to keep updating them periodically about what all you're doing, and just try to show even more interest in UNE (even more than the tons I'm sure you've already done!)

Congrats everyone.

After the initial email from Isaac, I emailed back with a question and he replied that not all acceptances were being given out yesterday (december 3). Which leads me to believe that not all the spots were given out yesterday :xf: here's to hoping.

they were giving interviews yesterday too.. the dean was a little busy.

ACCEPTED Dec 3rd!

8:53am phone call from Dean Koelbl

Official letter of acceptance sent Dec 4th.

Xeliospere, how do you know that he started at 8:45? I got a call at 8:53, so if this is true, thats awesome~ :) It was my only interview.

Last edited:
Is there anyone that's for sure going here next fall that's going to make a fb group??

just spoke to admissions, and he said we won't hear anyting back until new year

I am interviewing there on Monday the 10th! Advice?

got the call from dean koelbl at 8:59am in dec 3 with the good new :D:D:D:D

Hey i am also interviewing on 10th see u there:) are u from the area?

Nope I'm from the complete opposite side of the country lol I'm from San Diego California :) u? pm me!!