*** The Official Nova Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

i have an interview next wk; any hotel recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I know this is a long shot but I am an idiot and accidentally scheduled my interview during one of my finals. I've been checking constantly to reschedule but nothing pre-december has opened up. If anyone that has a pre-december interview decides to reschedule their day could you pm me? I would greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user
Can we simply just transfer dates? Since the portal is open to everyone, the second someone moves their date, someone can snatch it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview date is 12/05/2014!
Anybody interview on that day? start a conversation with me!!

anyone who interviewed already received an email from nsu regarding open house?

this might be a shot in the dark, but if anyone drops a pre-december interview, could you PM me please? I've been stalking the portal for weeks lol also, there's a Jan. 30th one open to anyone who wants it right now lol

Do they ask about your interest in the DO program (if you selected it) during the interview?

this might be a shot in the dark, but if anyone drops a pre-december interview, could you PM me please? I've been stalking the portal for weeks lol also, there's a Jan. 30th one open to anyone who wants it right now lol
just snagged an october 22 and dropped the Jan 30

I got an "Open House" email today. I'm OOS (CA) and I work full-time, so though I'm tempted to just buy a ticket and see NSU, it would be very difficult. I haven't interviewed yet; I'm scheduled for Jan. (Just like alrightythen... if anyone wants to give up an earlier spot, please PM me :p. I've also been stalking the portal for weeks).

Does anyone know if going to their open house changes their prospects of getting in NSU? I wish I can go, but it's in less than 2 weeks and plane tickets are expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an "Open House" email today. I'm OOS (CA) and I work full-time, so though I'm tempted to just buy a ticket and see NSU, it would be very difficult. I haven't interviewed yet; I'm scheduled for Jan. (Just like alrightythen... if anyone wants to give up an earlier spot, please PM me :p. I've also been stalking the portal for weeks).

Does anyone know if going to their open house changes their prospects of getting in NSU? I wish I can go, but it's in less than 2 weeks and plane tickets are expensive.
It's an open house for all of the health professions so there will be tons of people inside their Health Building (pharmacy, med, dental, optometry, etc), it'll be a cattle call and unlikely your face will be remembered among the crowd of frosh, junior/seniors and any other curious applicants (my opinion).

Congrats on the interview....Just WOW them then, where it really counts and save your money. :) Good Luck!

It's an open house for all of the health professions so there will be tons of people inside their Health Building (pharmacy, med, dental, optometry, etc), it'll be a cattle call and unlikely your face will be remembered among the crowd of frosh, junior/seniors and any other curious applicants (my opinion).

Congrats on the interview....Just WOW them then, where it really counts and save your money. :) Good Luck!
Thanks Foxtrot83! You're right, it probably would be a swarm of potential students. Good advice; I'll save my money (applying is expensive enough!) :).

I just changed my interview date to Nov 14. It was originally for January but I checked their calendar every day and some seats opened up. Soooooo glad I did so!!!!

I have an interview on December 10th. My final exams happen to be on the 11th. Does anyone want to switch with me for a day that is either a week or so earlier or later? In particular, I'm looking for another day in December or late November.

I have an interview on December 10th. My final exams happen to be on the 11th. Does anyone want to switch with me for a day that is either a week or so earlier or later? In particular, I'm looking for another day in December or late November.
Your professors won't grant you an extension?

hurry there's one on the 20th of Nov!

Anyone interviewing tomorrow?

Do you guys know how to log into the appointment system? I've been refreshing the interview schedule page occasionally every day, but since my Nova link doesn't automatically log me in, it means I don't get to see the appointment I have -- and not seeing my scheduled appointment makes me nervous. Thanks!

Yay!! I got an interview!!! So basically, we can change the interview date if one happens to open up? Right now mine is March 4th. Hopefully I get to switch to an earlier interview.

Do you guys know how to log into the appointment system? I've been refreshing the interview schedule page occasionally every day, but since my Nova link doesn't automatically log me in, it means I don't get to see the appointment I have -- and not seeing my scheduled appointment makes me nervous. Thanks!

You shouldn't be automatically logged into the system. You pick a date that isn't greyed out and the website will then ask you for your information. You'll then get an email with an appointment confirmation. At least that's how it worked for me. I think if you're still having trouble, you should probably contact their admissions office. I'm sure they'll be able to help you further.

For those of you who have interviewed at NOVA, has your status changed from "invited for an interview" to anything else ? I interviewed early oct

For those of you who had interviews at NOVA already, at which hotels did you guys stay at and what was the price for it?

Thanks everyone

Hello everyone !
Mine is Dec 5th... IF yours is earlier and you want to switch please drop me an email.
Really appreciate it!

I think the Hampton Inn is about $90 and includes a shuttle pickup at the airport and they will drive you to the school. Make sure to throw at least a few bucks to the driver. Mention you are interviewing at the school to get a discount.

Interview on December 11th anyone?

Update. Mine has just changed from "invited for interview" to "Check back Dec 1st".

Not sure what that means since webstar is down.

My status has also changed to check back december first. Hopefully that is a good and not a bad thing.

Honestly could mean anything if you have interviewed.

If not, then it most likely means rejection.

Has anyone had their pre-reqs checked on webstar?

My status changed to check back dec 1st, but I have not seen any change on my webstar, which is most likely a bad thing.

Status change on AADSAS could mean anything. According to last year's thread, there were people with the "check back dec 1st" status and some were accepted/some were denied (assuming you have interviewed).

I think according to last year's thread people that had both a status change and pre-reqs checked on webstar got an acceptance.

I've had my prereqs checked since Aug. But it's down as of today, probably for the weekend maintenance.

Does anyone want to trade January interview date for my December 10? We can call the school and ask them to switch our dates.