Well just an assumption, but with a high GPA mainly and being from NY probably helped a lot to get off the wait list. I'm still waiting to hear back, just no clue when I might hear back if I do since no one really knows for sure when the bulk of the movement will occur.
i feel like at this point in the game, everyone is on a level playing field. if someone was to drop at the last minute on the other hand, then i think geography would be an advantage. if someone dropped a seat close to orientation for instance, i'd imagine it would be make sense to give preference to someone who lives close enough to the city. that way the person wouldn't have the hassles of settling into the city right before school starts.
i personally feel people on the waitlist still have a very solid shot. the cost of the school+living in nyc will deter many people.
I just threw location out there since I would think NYU would accept people, not in the bulk movement of the wait list, but these one at a time acceptances it seems based of people they know would attend NYU even if they hear back from other schools.
Just a guess, its hard to know how the process works since NYU doesn't rank there wait list
The class is always full. They fill the class then as people decide not to go to NYU for one reason or another they fill the now vacant spot with someone from the waiting list.
Think of it as waiting for a spot in a full parking lot. When one car leaves another that has been waiting and is in the best position will get the spot.
At least that is the way I understand it from examining threads from previous years
Received a call earlier from an admissions staff asking if I was still interested/what my plans were. The call kinda ended in a confusing note for me, and now wish I got some more clarification on my status. haha... I guess hearing something back is better than nothing?
I've called and left emails and no one has contacted me either. Not sure if they're not interested or if they're calling "priority people" first. I am sure Dr. Mejia is back but she hasn't responded to anything I have sent her yet.
So....are we ok if we got a couple of C's post acceptance. It wasn't my best semester, with an A, a B, and 2 C's.
The letter says keep up your grades to the standard they judged you for admission but didn't say a certain level to keep. Also, I told my interviewer that I got a C+ in the fall when he asked how I did and he said it wasn't a big deal.
I accepted my financial aid package, did the entrance counseling, completed the Master Promissory Notes for my Federal direct loans (unsubsidized stafford and Grad plus), and set up my refund disbursement with the bursar website back at the start of May... I didn't see anything in the to do list about requesting a direct plus loan. Studentloans.gov says that some schools don't require you to make a direct plus loan request, and I didn't see anything about doing so on http://www.nyu.edu/dental/intranet/studentadmissions/dds/ or http://www.nyu.edu/dental/financialservices/pdfs/directloanchecklist.pdf . That's the whole process for me, right? I've previously payed for undergrad with my savings and the GI bill, so the whole student loan process is new to me. They're going to check my credit history, hopefully approve my loan, give NYU the money, and then I'll get refund? When should it come?
From my conversations with the admissions staff, it is my understanding that there has been no movement at all for the past like month and a half....maybe it will move once we are like 2 weeks away? I hope...
Missed a call from Dr. Mejia today. I called back an hour later but couldn't get a hold of her. I'm hoping that she'll extend me an offer- but what if I lost my chance because I missed her call. This can't be, right?