-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official NYU Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by xainabaz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got another pre-Dec interview! I just wish I could have segued it with a Columbia interview by having it the day before or after, but I couldn't arrange it. These plane tickets are adding up.
Hey guys. I just set up am interview for November 21st. And there was dates available all the way up to November 28. So I'm sure there giving out more interviews still.!
What batch were you guys?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invite for interview today and made it for dec 3!!!! anyone else have that date and also suggestions where to stay and such??
if we interviewed before december we find out through email on december 3? or december 1?
I'm going for an interview tomorrow, super nervous!
I interviewed with you. I was the girl with my hair back, red shirt and black suit. Small world 🙂
My App. was In review on oct. 5th
I interviewed with you. I was the girl with my hair back, red shirt and black suit. Small world 🙂
Hmm, now I think I realize who you are...there's only 1 girl with red shirt right?
Hmm, now I think I realize who you are...there's only 1 girl with red shirt right?
Yes, I was the only one with a red shirt. I am very pale if that helps.

Ah, I certainly do remember you then...you looked gorgeous😛Yes, I was the only one with a red shirt. I am very pale if that helps.![]()
Ah, I certainly do remember you then...you looked gorgeous😛
I'm flattered, thanks (haha) ! I knew the paleness would give away who I was.
if we interview on december 3rd does anyone know how long it takes for them to notify us?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
good lord! the gnome!
Hahaha. Good luck on your interview!
Hey pgbird! I'm just wondering which batch you were in? NYU 'misplaced' my Canadian DAT scores so my application wasn't sent in for review until last week, which makes me really nervous. But if they're still sending out interviews for December then maybe I still have hope!
Hi everyone, does anyone know if acceptances will be in email, letter, of phone call form? If I remember correctly... when I interviewed there a couple months ago, I remember they said they will be sending out email and/or phone call INSTEAD of letters since they are going paperless. Has this information changed?
Last edited:
Thank you pgbird! You were an early one lol I'm a Canadian applicant and didn't know US schools do rolling applications, so I applied around the same time as my Canadian schools (sent out on 09/28 by AADSAS). Keeping my fingers crossed!!! Good luck on your interview!
Hi everyone, does anyone know if acceptances will be in email, letter, of phone call form? If I remember correctly... when I interviewed there a couple months ago, I remember they said they will be sending out email and/or phone call INSTEAD of letters since they are going paperless. Has this information changed?
They specifically told my group they were NOT doing phone calls, and were instead going with emails. They further said that all the pre-December results would be sent out on Dec 3.
They specifically told my group they were NOT doing phone calls, and were instead going with emails. They further said that all the pre-December results would be sent out on Dec 3.
there was a rumor that they were gonna send out emails on 11/30. is this true?
there was a rumor that they were gonna send out emails on 11/30. is this true?
That's the first I heard of this... where did you hear that from? That would be so beautiful if that happened 😀
That's the first I heard of this... where did you hear that from? That would be so beautiful if that happened 😀
from one of these random threads. i cant remember which. i've read wayyy too many this week 😛
Anyone else interviewing on the 7th of December and wanting to explore the city afterwards? PM me! It'd be sweet to get a group together for that Friday night. 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pumped with sheer anxiety... yep lol
hey did anyone here interview with richard kosofsky? Im curious to know how it went.....PM me
oh and I interviewed on Nov. 19th, Dec 3 is around the corner!!!!
hey did anyone here interview with richard kosofsky? Im curious to know how it went.....PM me
oh and I interviewed on Nov. 19th, Dec 3 is around the corner!!!!
I just interviewed this week and they said it would definitely be Monday, December 3rdthere was a rumor that they were gonna send out emails on 11/30. is this true?
I interviewed in mid-October (received invite in mid-September) and had my application complete in AugustJust wondering, for those who just received interview invites, may I ask when your application was processed? Mine was back in mid-October, and I feel like I have already been rejected 🙁
Has it happened to anyone else that NYU has been taken off your list of school designations? I had my interview with them already in October and am waiting for the response on Monday.Maybe it means that an answer is coming soon that's all?
It didn't happen to me. Don't know whether that's a good or bad thing :/
Has it happened to anyone else that NYU has been taken off your list of school designations? I had my interview with them already in October and am waiting for the response on Monday.Maybe it means that an answer is coming soon that's all?
nvm
Last edited:
Does anyone know for sure if NYU will really send out email acceptances at 12:01am? Thanks!
If I remember correctly based on last years thread they send out e-mails at midnight. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought they said that they were only sending them out via postal mail?
Where did you receive this information from? Because isn't the school all paperless now? I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they don't do that for acceptances anymore?
I thought they said that they were only sending them out via postal mail?
I believe they said they would do both. Email first and a letter in the mail.
anyone get the email yet???
Similar threads
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K
Maybe it means that an answer is coming soon that's all?