-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by LunanS
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
See you then!!Interview scheduled on Sept 19th! Anyone else interviewing then?
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on the 23rd.
Hi! Does anyone who called know if they opened up October interviews too?
:/ I submitted everything including the supplement by late July. No word from NYU as of today. So I checked last year's NYU 2020 SDN post and I saw that the initial interviews were given on 8/25, and on 8/28 people were still receiving invites! So fingers crossed 🙂
Hey all,
When you call to schedule an interview, do they give you what dates are available or do you give them your preferred date first? Petty question, but I just wanted to make sure the call goes as smoothly as possible and not take time looking frantically through my schedule and calendar during the call...
When you call to schedule an interview, do they give you what dates are available or do you give them your preferred date first? Petty question, but I just wanted to make sure the call goes as smoothly as possible and not take time looking frantically through my schedule and calendar during the call...
Hey all,
When you call to schedule an interview, do they give you what dates are available or do you give them your preferred date first? Petty question, but I just wanted to make sure the call goes as smoothly as possible and not take time looking frantically through my schedule and calendar during the call...
They give you the available dates, don't worry 🙂 Just say hi, how are you, I'm calling to schedule an interview... blah blah it'll go from there.
:/ I submitted everything including the supplement by late July. No word from NYU as of today. So I checked last year's NYU 2020 SDN post and I saw that the initial interviews were given on 8/25, and on 8/28 people were still receiving invites! So fingers crossed 🙂
Ya!! My rational is that since you have to call in to schedule your interview, they only send a finite amount per day to make sure they don't get overwhelmed with phone calls. So they do a few days in a row sending out the "first wave". I'm not sure, but makes sense.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
5
577455
Interview number 5. Mine is 9/30
Hey all,
When you call to schedule an interview, do they give you what dates are available or do you give them your preferred date first? Petty question, but I just wanted to make sure the call goes as smoothly as possible and not take time looking frantically through my schedule and calendar during the call...
They didn't give me options, she just asked me when I would like to interview and I was able to pick the first day I said! Perks of being first batch lol. I would pick three dates you prefer and just be ready with that info when you call.
First interview!!!! Was also the latest school to have my supplement finished so I don't think they're reviewing in order of completion.
Agreed! I didn't submit my questionnaire until August 10th
NYU is not on my AADSAS school decision anymore 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NYU is not on my AADSAS school decision anymore 🙁
From what I've heard NYU doesn't use AADSAS to communicate decisions.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I don't think it was ever on my school decisions. I have an interview their too. Don't fret!NYU is not on my AADSAS school decision anymore 🙁
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile
Anyone interviewing on 10/6?
What are your stats if you got an interview?
I got an app complete/under review email on August 22. Would it be too soon to expect an interview invite?
Yes! SO excited 🙂
Yes! SO excited 🙂
Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were notified your app was complete? Thanks and congratulations on your interview 🙂
Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were notified your app was complete? Thanks and congratulations on your interview 🙂
Yea sure! They received my application 7/29, I submitted the questionnaire 8/10, and got an interview 8/31. DAT is 20AA/20TS, GPA is 3.27, sGPA 3.08 (with an upward trend and I am also in a masters program). Thank you! Theyll be sending out more invites within the next few weeks, I'm sure you will hear back soon too!
Went under review 8/9 and received my interview 8/31. DAT is 20AA/22TS/22PAT, GPA is 3.42, sGPA 3.36. For those of you who got invites which state are you from.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know when the second round of invites are going to be?
Does anyone know when the second round of invites are going to be?
Based off last years thread, invites were extended from I think it was August 25 into September almost daily. So, any day is possible I guess.
September? I thought they give out invites up until December, or even until May of next year?Based off last years thread, invites were extended from I think it was August 25 into September almost daily. So, any day is possible I guess.
.
Last edited:
I think I can spend an awesome weekend if I get an interview here tomorrow (Fri)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not really sure what's recommended but I just wrote about a paragraph for each question.What character or word length is recommended for the supplemental?
Any female here have an interview for October 3? I might be coming by myself and was wondering if anyone wants to split and share a hotel room?
I'll be there September 12th too!I have an interview on September 12th! Anyone else?
congrats to everyone interviewing so far! 🙂 hope I hear some good news soon too 🙂
Yes! SO excited 🙂
I'm interviewing September 29th as well! Would you be interested in sharing a hotel room?
Anyone want to practice interviews with me?
How so?
I'm in the same boat. My app was complete and under review a month before you, still no interview. Maybe I was already passed up.I got an app complete and under review email on Aug 12 and still no interview 🙁
Got an interview invite yesterday! Scheduled for the 28th. Very excited.
Anyone interviewed here yesterday? Can you please share your overall experience?
Yes please, would appreciate it.Anyone interviewed here yesterday? Can you please share your overall experience?
Got an interview invite yesterday! Scheduled for the 28th. Very excited.
28th of this month or October?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sent in my supp as a separate PDF and all is good! Hopefully im not too late
Hello everyone. I'm a D3 at NYU and I would like to wish everyone good luck on their application process. If anyone has an interview at NYU and wants to save money on hotel expenses, please feel free to message me. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment a block away from the school. Last year's interviewees who stayed here had a great experience. Having gone thru the same process, I can also give you some tips.
Thank you and good luck to all.
Thank you and good luck to all.
Hello everyone. I'm a D3 at NYU and I would like to wish everyone good luck on their application process. If anyone has an interview at NYU and wants to save money on hotel expenses, please feel free to message me. I live in a 2-bedroom apartment a block away from the school. Last year's interviewees who stayed here had a great experience. Having gone thru the same process, I can also give you some tips.
Thank you and good luck to all.
Dammit. Wish you had posted this before I booked an airbnb 🙁
Who else is interviewing October 24tht?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K



