-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official NYU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by LunanS
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Had 15 in my interview today!, All amazing people. Had a wonderful experience!
My buddy keeps telling me you Ohio guys are the best! I can't wait for this interview myself!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My buddy keeps telling me you Ohio guys are the best! I can't wait for this interview myself!
I'm not from Ohio lol. I'm from NY.
Whoops! Thought I saw you were from there! My badI'm not from Ohio lol. I'm from NY.
Was there an additional supplemental you had to write during interview day (or was that just the 3 q questionnaire)?Had 15 in my interview today!, All amazing people. Had a wonderful experience!
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Was there an additional supplemental you had to write during interview day (or was that just the 4 q questionnaire)?
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile
U write a paragraph of why nyu.
My questionnaire was 3 questions.Was there an additional supplemental you had to write during interview day (or was that just the 4 q questionnaire)?
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile
Does their supplemental app during the interview still ask us to write down all of the schools we applied to and the status with all of them, etc?U write a paragraph of why nyu.
Received a interview invite yesterday 🙂
Scheduled for Oct 12th
stats are 23AA and 3.45sgpa
Scheduled for Oct 12th
stats are 23AA and 3.45sgpa
Received a interview invite yesterday 🙂
Scheduled for Oct 12th
stats are 23AA and 3.45sgpa
When did you receive the "Application Complete and Under Review" email?
When did you receive the "Application Complete and Under Review" email?
on aug 1
Just curious on what your overall GPA was? If you don't mind. Glad to know they're still on Apps completed weeks earlier than mine hahaon aug 1
🙁 I got my application complete and under review email 7/26, and haven't heard a peep since. Hopefully more interview invites to come!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone with a mail-out date of 7/29 heard back with interview?
Damn, theyre still at July. I should really stop thinking about my app right now if it was complete 9/12. Thanks to ADA for that. Trying to stay patient as I check my email every 2 minutes.
Gonna have gray hairs by the end of this.
GG, I got the "Completed and Under Review" e-mail on 9/7. Hopefully we get invites at the same time and pick the same date so we can cry about how long we've waited.
Hahah yes. And perhaps cry at the interview. I cry everyday after 5 pm when my email isn't lit. It's only been 4 days since my apps been complete loll so I'll definitely have lost it by the end of this cycle.GG, I got the "Completed and Under Review" e-mail on 9/7. Hopefully we get invites at the same time and pick the same date so we can cry about how long we've waited.
Hahah yes. And perhaps cry at the interview. I cry everyday after 5 pm when my email isn't lit. It's only been 4 days since my apps been complete loll so I'll definitely have lost it by the end of this cycle.
Hopefully NYUCD also accepts our tears as an alternative form of payment.
Hi guys. Just want to wish you all good luck in this year's application cycle. I'm sure you guys are in this position for a reason so just sit back and relax (unless you have secondary apps, get to it! 😛).
I'm a D2 living with a couple of D4s and we're making our place available for one or two nights for any interviewees who wish to save a little money over other places in Manhattan. We live a 7-minute walk away from school. Please message me if you're interested.
Good luck!
I'm a D2 living with a couple of D4s and we're making our place available for one or two nights for any interviewees who wish to save a little money over other places in Manhattan. We live a 7-minute walk away from school. Please message me if you're interested.
Good luck!
Hi guys. Just want to wish you all good luck in this year's application cycle. I'm sure you guys are in this position for a reason so just sit back and relax (unless you have secondary apps, get to it! 😛).
I'm a D2 living with a couple of D4s and we're making our place available for one or two nights for any interviewees who wish to save a little money over other places in Manhattan. We live a 7-minute walk away from school. Please message me if you're interested.
Good luck!
hi i sent an inbox! 😀
For those that have had their interview recently, can you guys share some tips?
Hello friends and family of SDN, this is a pretty random side comment on this thread. (I swear I won't go off topic after this) but could anyone that got an interview read my supplemental questionnaire? I just wanted to know someone's opinion on it. If you are interested in it, please PM me. I would appreciate it SO much.
Thanks to a wonderful person on here who read my PS recently!
Have a good evening
Thanks to a wonderful person on here who read my PS recently!
Have a good evening
5
577455
I have an interview 9/30 at 8am. I'm flying into LGA. Whats the best way to get into Manhattan? Uber or public transit?
I have an interview 9/30 at 8am. I'm flying into LGA. Whats the best way to get into Manhattan? Uber or public transit?
the subway at 2.75 is definitely your cheapest option. You'll rack up a pretty penny with uber. They have a flat rate of $60, which is... just not fun.
5
577455
Is there a bus stop from LGA that takes you to the subway? Im really not familiar with NYC.the subway at 2.75 is definitely your cheapest option. You'll rack up a pretty penny with uber. They have a flat rate of $60, which is... just not fun.
Is there a bus stop from LGA that takes you to the subway? Im really not familiar with NYC.
I believe the M60 is the bus to the subway. I'm not positive. But google maps or apple maps will be your best friend. Once you get into the city, the street map will overlay with a transit map. It'll tell you exactly what to do, including bus to subway transfers, subway line transfers, etc.
You'll be okay🙂 worst comes to worst, anyone working at laguardia will be able to lead you in the right direction
If anyone else has the 9/28 I'd love to split a hotel [emoji847]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a bus stop from LGA that takes you to the subway? Im really not familiar with NYC.
Take the Q70 bus at the airport to Jackson subway, take the F line directly downtown.
when was your app complete?I just got an interview invitation.
instate or OOS?I just got an interview invitation.
OOS and I confirmed my interview date on October 27th.instate or OOS?
I sent my supplemental questionnaire on September 20th and got a confirmation e-mail that my application was completed on September 20th as well.when was your app complete?
wow. damn mines was complete on 9/21... hopefully I hear something soon.I sent my supplemental questionnaire on September 20th and got a confirmation e-mail that my application was completed on September 20th as well.
If you don't mind letting me know, how are your stats?
I guess we shall hear sometime soon. *fingers crossed*I got confirmed on 19th, still waiting.
wow. damn mines was complete on 9/21... hopefully I hear something soon.
If you don't mind letting me know, how are your stats?
BCP GPA 3.82
Science GPA 3.86
Non-Science GPA 3.87
Total GPA 3.86
TS - 20
AA - 20
PA - 19
US Army Veteran
Working as Dental assistant
Are they reviewing in order of app complete date? It doesn't seem like they are
Good luck to you 🙂 and thank you for your service.BCP GPA 3.82
Science GPA 3.86
Non-Science GPA 3.87
Total GPA 3.86
TS - 20
AA - 20
PA - 19
US Army Veteran
Working as Dental assistant
I don't think so anymore either. Maybe they have multiple people reviewing so different paces. I know that's the case at many schools.Are they reviewing in order of app complete date? It doesn't seem like they are
yea there's no point of applying early then lolI don't think so anymore either. Maybe they have multiple people reviewing so different paces. I know that's the case at many schools.
I was just talking about that. This process is all over the place and it's kind of annoying. Not much we can do but stress over it and wait. Hope to hear something soon time.yea there's no point of applying early then lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea I feel the same way haha I only applied early so I can have a better chance at an interview by reducing some competition, but oh well. Let's see how it goes. Good luck!I was just talking about that. This process is all over the place and it's kind of annoying. Not much we can do but stress over it and wait. Hope to hear something soon time.
Got the App Complete and Under Review email on 9/7 and still nothing. Pretty jelly how people can hear back from a school in less than a week...
Same. Mine has been completed since August 4th and nothing. I feel like I've already been skipped over...
Same. [emoji17]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
yea mine was completed and under review since 8/4 and still nothing. I feel yaSame. Mine has been completed since August 4th and nothing. I feel like I've already been skipped over...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K