***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally heard back!

Interview Invite #4
School: NYU
State of Residence: NY
Notified: 8:37am 9/22
Method of Notification: E-mail
Application Completed: 8/16

What day are you interviewing at NYU?

Members don't see this ad.

its just an one on one interview with a faculty member

They also mentioned that the one on one interview with the faculty member was followed by a one on one informal conversation with a member of the admissions committee. Do you know what this "conversation" is about?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So if interviews are booked all the way until mid-november I guess I should be expecting a rejection from NYU then? I have not heard anything from them for more than two months now.

So if interviews are booked all the way until mid-november I guess I should be expecting a rejection from NYU then? I have not heard anything from them for more than two months now.

Same I had everything completed July... If I'm not being considered rather just get the rejection now and move on.

No they interview up until April and many people get accepted with post-dec interviews.

Interview Invite #2
State of Residence: NJ
Notified: 9/27 (called the next day got interview on 11/27
Method of Notification: E-mail
Application Completed: 7/14 (including the supp)

Anyone interview here yet? Care to share how it was?

Members don't see this ad :)
So are they still sending out interviews? Anyone know if they have any pre-December dates left? My app has been under review forever.. like over a month. I applied to 10 places.. received 1 interview invite.. AA 22, GPA 4.0, over 200 shadowing hours, strong LORs... still waiting..

Interview #2 NYU
completed 7/7
invited 10/5
date 12/1
MA resident
Anyone else scheduled for this day? Best of luck!!!

So are they still sending out interviews? Anyone know if they have any pre-December dates left? My app has been under review forever.. like over a month. I applied to 10 places.. received 1 interview invite.. AA 22, GPA 4.0, over 200 shadowing hours, strong LORs... still waiting..
I just received an invitation for an interview this afternoon and when I called to schedule there was one date prior to December 1 available. This is the last Thursday in November. Other than that it seemed they had all of December open, but nothing earlier than that. Good luck!!

For those who had their interview today, would you mind saying how it went, type of questions, etc?

For those who had their interview today, would you mind saying how it went, type of questions, etc?

The interview itself was very relaxed and laid back. Nothing to stress about, it was just a normal conversation with a faculty member and then right after that you have an informal conversation with an admissions ambassador.

Reactions: 3 users
I have an interview for November 30th... does anyone know if that will still be included in the first round of decisions? Obviously schools can start giving out acceptances on December 1st, which is the following day, but I am curious as to if anyone knows how soon I would find out after a November 30th interview.

I have an interview for November 30th... does anyone know if that will still be included in the first round of decisions? Obviously schools can start giving out acceptances on December 1st, which is the following day, but I am curious as to if anyone knows how soon I would find out after a November 30th interview.

I also have mine on 30th!
I remember I read a thread that someone who interviewed on Nov 30th got an acceptance the day after!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys think it's too late to apply here with a 22 AA 23 TS, 3.19 cGPA and 3.17 sGPA? I had my application in mid July but haven't gotten any interviews so thinking about applying to more schools

It's surprising that you didn't include NYU in your first list of schools. As a general rule, applying to NYU is money well spent. It's like applying to four schools for the cost of one. I agree that they prefer DAT scores. Did you apply to the other privates?

Personally, I finished my app in November. I barely got into NYU (...off the waitlist...late July). I went to their last interview date. It's definitely not too late. I had a ~3.5 pre-academic update with slightly worse DAT scores than you (21aa/22ts), but by the time they actually accepted me my GPA was in the 3.2s.

It's surprising that you didn't include NYU in your first list of schools. As a general rule, applying to NYU is money well spent. It's like applying to four schools for the cost of one. I agree that they prefer DAT scores. Did you apply to the other privates?

Personally, I finished my app in November. I barely got into NYU (...off the waitlist...late July). I went to their last interview date. It's definitely not too late. I had a ~3.5 pre-academic update with slightly worse DAT scores than you (21aa/22ts), but by the time they actually accepted me my GPA was in the 3.2s.

Yeah I applied to mostly private schools. I think what deterred me was how expensive nyu is but honestly don't even care anymore lol gonna be loaded in debt no matter where I go :laugh: but thank you this gives me hope lol

Those freaking out over not hearing from NYU be patient! I got an interview invite yesterday and they scheduled me for November 8 so the predecmber interviews are not all gone so no need to stress over waiting.

Those freaking out over not hearing from NYU be patient! I got an interview invite yesterday and they scheduled me for November 8 so the predecmber interviews are not all gone so no need to stress over waiting.
When was ur app complete?

They are interviewing less people this year-that's what the dean told us

Hmm, interesting that you got an earlier interview date compared to someone else who posted here who got the interview invite earlier than you.

Idk why the resource section of SDN is so hidden, but the school specific interview feedback page can give you a sense of the questions you'll be asked. My interview (last cycle) was conversational, but the other people that interviewed on the same day had interviews that were more structured. The questions on the feedback page would have helped them. They're very typical interview questions though.

Also, I'd recommend treating the informal chat with the admissions officer as an interview. It is less formal, but you should still respond thoughtfully. That person will likely ask lifestyle-related questions that seem less important, but your answers will still be written down.

It reminds me of when the tour guides promise you they won't report anything you say back to admissions. Should you believe them?...iunno
It's best to stay on your toes.

Reactions: 1 users
Idk why the resource section of SDN is so hidden, but the school specific interview feedback page can give you a sense of the questions you'll be asked. My interview (last cycle) was conversational, but the other people that interviewed on the same day had interviews that were more structured. The questions on the feedback page would have helped them. They're very typical interview questions though.

Also, I'd recommend treating the informal chat with the admissions officer as an interview. It is less formal, but you should still respond thoughtfully. That person will likely ask lifestyle-related questions that seem less important, but your answers will still be written down.

It reminds me of when the tour guides promise you they won't report anything you say back to admissions. Should you believe them?...iunno
It's best to stay on your toes.

no one really cares to report anything, unless you're like...way into the whole process. honestly we were just there to help out, spread the word, and get free lunch

i will say though, unless someone is like really mean or disrespectful then yes i would go out of my way to tell the admissions team. didn't do it though, although i came very close

no one really cares to report anything, unless you're like...way into the whole process. honestly we were just there to help out, spread the word, and get free lunch

i will say though, unless someone is like really mean or disrespectful then yes i would go out of my way to tell the admissions team. didn't do it though, although i came very close

Yeah, my tour guides were pretty chill. Of course, admissions made sure to include a guy that was in the process of applying to ortho.

For those of you that are going to get lost:

GsmFRfD.png

I think I tried going to "NYU Dental" on my interview. In my defense, I don't think the new building showed up as a building on Google at the time. I knew I was supposed to go to a building that was north of the main building and "NYU Dental" sounded about right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, my tour guides were pretty chill. Of course, admissions made sure to include a guy that was in the process of applying to ortho.

For those of you that are going to get lost:

GsmFRfD.png

(I think I tried going to "NYU Dental" on my interview)
Hi!! quick question. What time did the interview finished??

Mine finished at 1:30pm for campus tour. Interview is first come first served.

What dentsyl said.

I got there super early and the early birds definitely interviewed first (ie. it's first come first served). There may come a time when the tour guides tell you the tour is over/you can go home now, but some people like to stay longer than required. I don't remember exactly, but 1-2pm sounds about right.

Hey guys! I just wanted to let everyone know that you shouldn’t freak out about pre December interviews being filled up. I was offered an interview today for November 15, so they are still available! :)

Reactions: 4 users
there is an advanced standing program that they are bringing back this year. so normally the class of 360 would be filled, however there may be anywhere from 15-30 students reserved for advanced standing. that is why they are interviewing less. got an interview for the 7th.
Well then... that blows for the rest of us still waiting

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure the advanced standing program is for international dentists, that join 3rd and 4th years. So that shouldn't have any effect on the entering class. I could be wrong tho.

Pretty sure the advanced standing program is for international dentists, that join 3rd and 4th years. So that shouldn't have any effect on the entering class. I could be wrong tho.
I agree with you. The advanced standing won't take up any of the entering class this year.

Interview invite #6
Residency: FL
Notification date: 10/17 (scheduled 10/18)
Interview date 11/13

Who else has it this day???

Has anyone's AADSAS been updated for NYU? Or have they sent an e-mail confirming they received your application?

On NYU website they state that they DO Not update status of your application on ADEA "check Status" page. So you never know!!

Hi everyone ! has anyone from CA received any interviews recently? still waiting (and staying hopeful) to hear back :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.