***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
has any international applicant got selection email?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got off the waitlist this afternoon via e-mail!!! I dreamed of opening that congratulations email for many nights!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Sent an update letter this morning and then received a rejection later in the afternoon. No interview by the way

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the waitlist this afternoon via e-mail!!! I dreamed of opening that congratulations email for many nights!!!

Yay, you made it.
Congratulations :cat:

Reactions: 1 user
Yay, you made it.
Congratulations :cat:
Thank you for your tips on how to reach out to the ad com and nyu staff! I couldn't have done enough if it weren't for people like you Faefly!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Any advice on what to say on the phone if you're waitlisted? I've emailed updates and a letter of intent

Any advice on what to say on the phone if you're waitlisted? I've emailed updates and a letter of intent
Ask them to be directed to the admission officers or someone in charge and express how you love the school and how you want to be part of their family and what have you done so far to improve your chances etc.
Just be persistent and make sure you reach someone in charge because the ones who pick up the phone are usually the front desk, but you need to ask them to transfer you to someone who can help you and answer your questions.
Best of luck.

Hi! Does anyone know if NYU professors are generally strict with grading (ie. no-curve policy, or to the point where the avg GPA is lower than that of other schools?) Haven't heard of this being a problem here but have heard elsewhere. Thank you!

Hi! Does anyone know if NYU professors are generally strict with grading (ie. no-curve policy, or to the point where the avg GPA is lower than that of other schools?) Haven't heard of this being a problem here but have heard elsewhere. Thank you!

After an exam, students at NYU have a chance to contest questions they thought were "unfair" and the professor looks at how the class performance was for those questions and decides whether to drop the question or no. So depending on the exam you can get back like 3 questions or some class even have a policy of no challenges so it really depends. Also here if you want to get a 4.0 you have to get higher than 92.5 and profs do not round.

I just got waitlisted today after interview last week :(
Should I call admission office ASAP to ask if I could send letter of intent? I really love the school and genuinely want to go there

Should I call admission office ASAP to ask if I could send letter of intent? I really love the school and genuinely want to go there
Yea, def call them and show you interest in the school. btw would you mind sharing you stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks and yes my stat is 3.55 sGPA and 20AA

Your stats are good. You should send them Letter of Intent as soon as possible, like Now!!
Best of luck

Don’t lose hope:):) send a letter of intent and speak to one of the admissions office on phone to show your love and interest in getting into NYU
Best of luck!

After an exam, students at NYU have a chance to contest questions they thought were "unfair" and the professor looks at how the class performance was for those questions and decides whether to drop the question or no. So depending on the exam you can get back like 3 questions or some class even have a policy of no challenges so it really depends. Also here if you want to get a 4.0 you have to get higher than 92.5 and profs do not round.
thanks! 92.5 is crazy, wow. Any idea what the average GPA is for graduating seniors? Do they tell you?

thanks! 92.5 is crazy, wow. Any idea what the average GPA is for graduating seniors? Do they tell you?

Yeah, 93 is over the top. What's wrong with 90 :yeahright:

It is probably between 3.3-3.5 based solely on D1/2 GPA. I don't imagine the average changing all that much across D3/4 because D1 and 2 make up the majority of GPA credits because clinic credits are much smaller than those of didactic classes.

Any updates on the waitlist?

I have some questions.
So I have applied to FAFSA. I am trying to apply to Federal Grad Plus loan and the number that show there is New York University G002785. Which is different than what they have on their website for FAFSA :002785..
would applying for FAFSA and Grad PLUs loan and hoping to get these loans is enough or do I need to apply to more loans?
Also, any idea when the loans will be dispensed so I can know how much money I have to rent a room with Roomates.

Got accepted yesterday! Will be attending!

Reactions: 2 users
Would you mind sharing your stats?
Interviewed early Feb, accepted April 17th - will be attending NYU class of 2023!
AA:20 TS:18 PAT:24 RC:18 QR:22
Undergrad: oGPA: 3.66, sGPA: 3.85 or something like that
Residency: International

Interviewed early Feb, accepted April 17th - will be attending NYU class of 2023!
congrats!!! were you on the waitlist? and if you were did you send them anything or do anything that you think helped you?

congrats!!! were you on the waitlist? and if you were did you send them anything or do anything that you think helped you?
Thank you! and yes, I am. I just keep sending them update and letter of intent=)

Congratulations :)

Got accepted yesterday! Will be attending!
Why in the world would anyone go to this school??? Look at the tuition and tell me it’s worth 400k plus with growing interest to make 120 k if your lucky as general dentist lol.

Why in the world would anyone go to this school??? Look at the tuition and tell me it’s worth 400k plus with growing interest to make 120 k if your lucky as general dentist lol.

This again? Look at your post and see if it was worth 10 seconds of your life.

There are plenty of other threads with this discussion.

This again? Look at your post and see if it was worth 10 seconds of your life.

There are plenty of other threads with this discussion.
I feel good about my decision. Going to school with crippling debt not so much.

I feel good about my decision. Going to school with crippling debt not so much.

That's fine - go talk about it elsewhere. This is not the thread to do it. Who knows? He or she might have enough money to pay the tuition outright. It is certainly not any of your interest for any student to attend NYU.

I don’t understand why the tuition cost is only brought up with NYU—a couple of other private dental schools have similar tuition.

has anyone heard anything about the waitlist/is the class already full?

I don't think it is based on the facebook group. Many people in the group are upperclassman. Fingers crossed for all of you still waiting to hear!

Is my acceptance going to be rescinded if I don't complete the health clearance forms by May 1st?

Is my acceptance going to be rescinded if I don't complete the health clearance forms by May 1st?
From what I've been told by the dept., yes. They absolutely do not give extensions for any circumstance. I asked them what about the people who are accepted after the due date? and they ignored me.

From what I've been told by the dept., yes. They absolutely do not give extensions for any circumstance. I asked them what about the people who are accepted after the due date? and they ignored me.

Not true lol. I dont have a varicella titter and i wont have it until mid may. They told me its fine but It will be a problem if you don't have it before orientation or when school starts

Not true lol. I dont have a varicella titter and i wont have it until mid may. They told me its fine but It will be a problem if you don't have it before orientation or when school starts
PHEW! Thanks, I just know that I will have it all done before July 1st

:shrug:
They told me otherwise - had to pay to rush my testings to get it before May 1.

Just email them. I started my health clearance in March and it’s still going on because of mishaps with my doctors office. They are really accommodating if you explain your situation to them.

It's better safe than sorry.
What I mean is
Go get the vaccine shots for B series 1, get the meningitis vaccine
get your vaccination record and do the physical exam at Patient first or at your primary doctor.
If you are missing some stuff, you can always send them later, but they have to know you are doing something.
Call them if you have some issues, let them know, also email them.

Status
Not open for further replies.