***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been in touch and sending letter of intents?
Lots of updates I called dr Mejia personally we spoke for like 20 mins she asked me why I didn’t just go to UB dental I chose myself to disclose that that’s why I put my deposit down at UB. I really didn’t - UB says if you’re in CSTEP you can get the deposit waived lol. Either way I explained because i want to go to dental school regardless but I felt that with the support of my family and being able to give back to a city and community that gave my ancestors and family the opportunity to give back too (as my parents are both social workers) that that’s why I wanted to go to NYU more than anything. Amongst other things but yeah at the end she was just like “well we’ll be getting a better idea of the waitlist after March 15th most deposits are due then. I remember you but keep updating us” kinda sucks but whatever

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lots of updates I called dr Mejia personally we spoke for like 20 mins she asked me why I didn’t just go to UB dental I chose myself to disclose that that’s why I put my deposit down at UB. I really didn’t - UB says if you’re in CSTEP you can get the deposit waived lol. Either way I explained because i want to go to dental school regardless but I felt that with the support of my family and being able to give back to a city and community that gave my ancestors and family the opportunity to give back too (as my parents are both social workers) that that’s why I wanted to go to NYU more than anything. Amongst other things but yeah at the end she was just like “well we’ll be getting a better idea of the waitlist after March 15th most deposits are due then. I remember you but keep updating us” kinda sucks but whatever

I feel positive about this call. They will remember your persistence and accept you hopefully soon.

I feel positive about this call. They will remember your persistence and accept you hopefully soon.
Thank you so much Much appreciated !!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. got an interview offer from NYU. can someone please tell me what do they ask for in simulation test and in the interview?

Anyone going to NYU and plan to live in the Bronx? Lmao lmk whAt you think

Anyone going to NYU and plan to live in the Bronx? Lmao lmk whAt you think

That's very far away! I mean your whole day will be a long comute. When will you get time to study or hang out with classmates.
Plus Bronx is not that safe. I would not go back at night there.

That's very far away! I mean your whole day will be a long comute. When will you get time to study or hang out with classmates.
Plus Bronx is not that safe. I would not go back at night there.
Well I’ve lived in the Bronx for three years before moving to buffalo and I say it’s fine lol.. it’s really not terrible. Some of the most prestigious universities like Fordham are located in the heart of the Bronx - so is arthur avenue and little Italy. You just have to know where to live. I wouldn’t coin certain parts of the lower east side as “spectacular” either - regardless of proximity lol. To me the bx just feels more like home but rent would be really cheap. I know a good guy inside the renting business that we’ve trusted for a while . But I just thought I’d ask cause if I did attend nyu I’d like someone to travel with lmao. Hanging out with classmates isn’t at the top of my agenda in dental school tbh. The reason why I want to move to NY again from buffalo is because I feel like the support of my family would help tremendously - regardless of where I stay I know they’d meet me there for Anything I.e drop off some dinner or just to chat. But thanks for the input

Interviewed on march 8th, accepted on 11th :) going to decline my offer

YAy congradulations!!! Can you share your stats and interview waitlist datea

Interviewed February 15th. 3.4 masters gpa with below a 3.0 ugpa. 20 AA and 20 TS

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Weird question, does NYU spread waitlist student into groups? Like I saw some ppl saying they got off the waitlist (Congrat!), but I thought they are going to review waitlist after March 15th tho?

Weird question, does NYU spread waitlist student into groups? Like I saw some ppl saying they got off the waitlist (Congrat!), but I thought they are going to review waitlist after March 15th tho?
Lol exactly where my confusion comes from . I mean it’s normal to expect some waitlist movement but people are getting waitlisted relatively late in the cycle (March) and being accepted. It makes the waitlist hard to gauge but dr Mejia said that March 15th is the last day for a large majority of applicants to submit the final deposit so on or after the 15th (tmrw) movement can better gauged.

Lol exactly where my confusion comes from . I mean it’s normal to expect some waitlist movement but people are getting waitlisted relatively late in the cycle (March) and being accepted. It makes the waitlist hard to gauge but dr Mejia said that March 15th is the last day for a large majority of applicants to submit the final deposit so on or after the 15th (tmrw) movement can better gauged.
“Better gauged” causes even more doubt in me lmao idk what that means either but I guess it means THEIR second pool of waitlistee’s will hear back from the school.

Has anyone heard from the summer research program yet? Still got no response

I just got accepted off the wait list that I got placed on 3/8. My interview was on 3/6. This feels surreal. Am I dreaming? And yes, I did send a letter of intent.

I’ve been wait listed at 2 other places so far so this feels like a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I just got accepted off the wait list that I got placed on 3/8. My interview was on 3/6. This feels surreal. Am I dreaming? And yes, I did send a letter of intent.

My stats are 3.49/3.42 GPA, 22 AA 24 TS 16 PAT, OOS.

I’ve been wait listed at 2 other places so far so this feels like a breath of fresh air.

Congratulations!!
Did they call or email?

Congratulations!!
Did they call or email?
For both the wait list and acceptance notification, I received an email saying “Status Update” to check the portal!

CONGRATS!!!

Congratulations :cat:. Hopefully, other people who are on the waitlist hear good news next week.

Is it better to call vs email to demonstrate continued interest? And what would you say? I'm currently waitlisted

Is it better to call vs email to demonstrate continued interest? And what would you say? I'm currently waitlisted
I emailed each person I interviewed with and basically just thanked them and explained how the interview solidified my interest etc.. and an hour later got an acceptance. Just keep them updated!!

Reactions: 2 users
It’s spring break for NYU students .do you think administration will still be there ?

Should I write a formal letter of intent? There was this Waitlist form which had a section where we could send a message to the ad coms so I took the chance to write a message stating my intent and updates.

international student
Interviewed on march 15th, accepted on 20th afternoon via email !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
international student
Interviewed on march 15th, accepted on 20th afternoon via email !!!!

Congrats! What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing?

Last edited:
Also interviewed 3/15, accepted on 20th afternoon by email :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from the summer research program yet? Still got no response
Got an email yesterday about the program saying I was accepted

So uhh how exactly do we pay tuition lol. I haven't seen a schedule or anything for doing that

Anyone out of state, has an idea where to get a rent or when will be moving to new york?

Anyone out of state, has an idea where to get a rent or when will be moving to new york?

Join the NYU 2023 fb group. You can find it easily by searching it.

This is the hardest thing. I am thinking Murry Hill, East Village, Gramercy park, kips bay, or turtle bay if you want close proximity, stuy village copper village, but of course pretty expensive unless you have a roommate or two roommates.

Upper east side and East Harlem are less expensive but further away from school.

Last edited:
Just got accepted by email off the waitlist this afternoon. Waitlisted 2/1. Will be accepting!

Anyone else got a phone call from Dr. Meijia today? She left a message regarding my wait list response form and wanted to ask me some questions. Hopefully this is a good sign

Status
Not open for further replies.