***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! Second-time applicant, just received an interview invite tonight. Scheduled it for next Friday 1/18. Will anyone else be attending? Also, advice from second-time applicants would be appreciated :)

As a reapplicant, its important to mention to your interviewer what you have done differently from the first time you applied. In other words in which ways you have improved yourself, making you a better candidate this time around specially if you have weaknesses on your application. Nonetheless, focus on your strengths, stay relaxed and confident, you deserve to be there. Also, let them know if you are seriously considering their school. Best of luck ☺️

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! did you receive an interview when you last applied?
Yes, I was waitlisted and then denied.

Congratulations and best of luck. Did you receive the invitation at night?????
Thank you! I received the invitation at 6:00pm.

As a reapplicant, its important to mention to your interviewer what you have done differently from the first time you applied. In other words in which ways you have improved yourself, making you a better candidate this time around specially if you have weaknesses on your application. Nonetheless, focus on your strengths, stay relaxed and confident, you deserve to be there. Also, let them know if you are seriously considering their school. Best of luck ☺️
Thank you for your advice!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! Second-time applicant, just received an interview invite tonight. Scheduled it for next Friday 1/18. Will anyone else be attending? Also, advice from second-time applicants would be appreciated :)
You’re gonna be fine :)!!! I’m a second time applicant too I got rejected without an interview the first time. I interviewed back in December and just be yourself and be honest for sure and tell them why you’re applying again and what mistakes you’ve made or what not. Express your interest in NYU as well and say that you understand every aspect of it/ know the good and bad sides of it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You’re gonna be fine :)!!! I’m a second time applicant too I got rejected without an interview the first time. I interviewed back in December and just be yourself and be honest for sure and tell them why you’re applying again and what mistakes you’ve made or what not. Express your interest in NYU as well and say that you understand every aspect of it/ know the good and bad sides of it.
I mentioned DAT score they didn’t i got 18 both times and a FEW 15s.... me bringing it up in conversation as a Segway to later say that what I learned from it was blah blah.... do you think that’ll hurt me?

Would a Canadian/US dual citizen student with a 3.51 GPA (3.48 sGPA) and 20 AA, 22 PAT, 20 RC, 100 hrs shadowing, club president (advocacy), 1 summer wet research, 1 summer dental office clerk, and TA position be expected to interview at NYU?

I mentioned DAT score they didn’t i got 18 both times and a FEW 15s.... me bringing it up in conversation as a Segway to later say that what I learned from it was blah blah.... do you think that’ll hurt me?
No that wouldn’t hurt you in fact it’d help! They liked that when I said why and what I learned but I got waitlisted because my GPA isn’t the highest so my interviewer said because of that they will waitlist students with GPA/ DATs on the border but he told me to not worry and that I’ll just get during the spring time

No that wouldn’t hurt you in fact it’d help! They liked that when I said why and what I learned but I got waitlisted because my GPA isn’t the highest so my interviewer said because of that they will waitlist students with GPA/ DATs on the border but he told me to not worry and that I’ll just get during the spring time

Just to clarify did you get waitlisted and they told you that they’d accept you in the spring?

Just to clarify did you get waitlisted and they told you that they’d accept you in the spring?
Yes that’s what my faculty interviewer told me! He said “don’t panic if you don’t get accepted until around March”

Yes that’s what my faculty interviewer told me! He said “don’t panic if you don’t get accepted until around March”

That sounds more like a “don’t worry if you’re not accepted right off the bat, spots usually open up around March”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

That sounds more like a “don’t worry if you’re not accepted right off the bat, spots usually open up around March”

Lol no reason to lie that’s what he said and I wrote it like he said no need to twist it

Lol no reason to lie that’s what he said and I wrote it like he said no need to twist it

Of course, I hope that's the case as well. I've just never heard of someone guaranteeing an acceptance when spaces could be filled before the time even comes.

I guess I just don't like to count my chickens before they hatch.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sigh... needing some support guys :’( kinda getting real sad about no response so far from this cycle... :((

I will be attending for the interview on the 18th too!!!

I have an interview next week. Any tips for those who have interviewed here ? What type of questions do they usually ask ?

Sigh... needing some support guys :’( kinda getting real sad about no response so far from this cycle... :((

We have to believe there is light at the end of the Tunnel.

So, hopefully we will hear good things from them soon. Best of luck

Anyone know what percent of seats are filled (at least typically) by this point?

Reactions: 2 users
Would a Canadian/US dual citizen student with a 3.51 GPA (3.48 sGPA) and 20 AA, 22 PAT, 20 RC, 100 hrs shadowing, club president (advocacy), 1 summer wet research, 1 summer dental office clerk, and TA position be expected to interview at NYU?

I think you can get an interview with those stats but it really does depend on the applicants each cycle. I only had a slightly better GPA and DAT and got in last year. Also Canadian as well:)

Just got waitlisted. Interviewed on 1/7 and heard just now at 10:00 this morning of 1/9/18

Does anyone from the interview remember when they said they would make scholarship annoucements?

Just got waitlisted. Interviewed on 1/7 and heard just now at 10:00 this morning of 1/9/18

I am sorry about that. Hope you get off the waitlist in March or sooner.

Do you think your interview went bad or something?

I got waitlisted too. How did you think you did on your interview. I thought I did well but I got wl

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry about that. I hope you hear good news from them when others decline to attend.

I am sorry about that. Hope you get off the waitlist in March or sooner.

Do you think your interview went bad or something?
Hi thank you for your support <3 No I thought it went really well some trip up’s here and there but nothing major really.. I was surprised. I really was falling in love with moving to the city I’m already from the ny area just 30 mins outside of nyc but mt mom lives in the Bronx so I was hoping to live there lol it’s between Touro and nyy now honestly whichever I get into first or have enough time to wait submitting a deposit for Touro if I get into NYU 30 days before......
I hope I get off too. I was wondering if anyone applied to NYU for the first time and got interviewed after dec 3rd and got waitlisted but got in? Maybe it’s too soon for that but who knows.

I got waitlisted too. How did you think you did on your interview. I thought I did well but I got wl

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thought it went well but I’m kinda upset because I got 3 schools that I got waitlisted to and I only applied to 6 lol. Denied to stony, ghosted by Rutgers and VCU, and now buffalo, Touro and nyu have waitlisted me. I’m living in buffalo rn I stayed after undergrad but I’m moving back to NY regardless because my plan B is to go for an MBA.

Best of luck to you all please keep me posted

Hi thank you for your support <3 No I thought it went really well some trip up’s here and there but nothing major really.. I was surprised. I really was falling in love with moving to the city I’m already from the ny area just 30 mins outside of nyc but mt mom lives in the Bronx so I was hoping to live there lol it’s between Touro and nyy now honestly whichever I get into first or have enough time to wait submitting a deposit for Touro if I get into NYU 30 days before......
I hope I get off too. I was wondering if anyone applied to NYU for the first time and got interviewed after dec 3rd and got waitlisted but got in? Maybe it’s too soon for that but who knows.
I hope you got off the waitlist soon!! May I know you stat if you don't mind ?

I hope you got off the waitlist soon!! May I know you stat if you don't mind ?
Were you also waitlisted and if so when did you interview if you have?

18 AA on both attempts... 3.38 science and 3.46 overall Biomedical engineering major

was wondering if anyone applied to NYU for the first time and got interviewed after dec 3rd and got waitlisted but got in? Maybe it’s too soon for that but who knows.

Were you also waitlisted and if so when did you interview if you have?

18 AA on both attempts... 3.38 science and 3.46 overall Biomedical engineering major

Thank you!! No, I am interviewing on the 18th and I am super nervous and worried right now LOL

Thank you!! No, I am interviewing on the 18th and I am super nervous and worried right now LOL
Just be you!!! And bring any information about admissions to us if you can ^.^ haha

Thought it went well but I’m kinda upset because I got 3 schools that I got waitlisted to and I only applied to 6 lol. Denied to stony, ghosted by Rutgers and VCU, and now buffalo, Touro and nyu have waitlisted me. I’m living in buffalo rn I stayed after undergrad but I’m moving back to NY regardless because my plan B is to go for an MBA.

Best of luck to you all please keep me posted

MBA's are not good for applying to dental school. You need an SMP, a Master's that revolves around medical/dental school coursework

MBA's are not good for applying to dental school. You need an SMP, a Master's that revolves around medical/dental school coursework
i think a degree showing that you’re learning st a level of higher education is valuable...

i think a degree showing that you’re learning st a level of higher education is valuable...
Do you mind sharing your exact DAT scores? I have a similar GPA but have not heard anything from NYU yet :(

I don't think you understand what I'm saying though...

If your goal is to pursue dental school... an MBA is not going to improve your chances much.

Google it yourself...

Here are some past responses: MBA before dentistry?

Do with it what you will, your future is yours to pursue.

Rejected without interview also.

No longer tracking this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was wondering if anyone applied to NYU for the first time and got interviewed after dec 3rd and got waitlisted but got in? Maybe it’s too soon for that but who knows.

I feel that its too soon right now. Perhaps next month.

I returned home my sister pretty sad and not talking. NYU is one of her dream schools and now I come here and read many people rejected without an interview, I know my sister got rejected too but she is sitting in her room not communicating. I am devasted because there is no way I can go now to NYU even if they invite me with her being rejected :(

She has 25 TS and 3.98 GPA and tons of social work and work experience. Why would they reject her without an interview? That's so unfair :(

Last edited:
I gave her a purple pen yesterday.
She told me this will jinx me, I told her to give it back and she didn't.

Damn the purple pen :(

I returned home my sister pretty sad and not talking. NYU is one of her dream schools and now I come here and read many people rejected without an interview, I know my sister got rejected too but she is sitting in her room not communicating. I am devasted because there is no way I can go now to NYU even if they invite me with her being rejected :(

She has 25 TS and 3.98 GPA and tons of social work and work experience. Why would they reject her without an interview? That's so unfair :(
I don't understand that rejection. I've still heard nothing and no change on the portal with significantly lower stats

I don't understand that rejection. I've still heard nothing and no change on the portal with significantly lower stats

Stats aren’t everything. Most schools look holistically now.

Stats aren’t everything. Most schools look holistically now.
Agreed, but someone who has put so much effort into stats likely has put effort into ECs... but maybe that's too big an assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.