***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still waiting for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I notice that I never submitted my application to NYU. I just received the email to complete the final step, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea submit my application so late. What do you guys recommend?

I notice that I never submitted my application to NYU. I just received the email to complete the final step, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea submit my application so late. What do you guys recommend?
what does your status say in the portal now?

Got invited for an interview late last night. I'm surprised they send out emails at 11pm

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview invite this morning! The available dates are Jan 30, Feb 4, 5, 6, and 8.

Reactions: 2 users
Who here is still waiting for an interview? I am and I'm losing hope. But last year they had interview invites up until March

Reactions: 3 users
Who here is still waiting for an interview? I am and I'm losing hope. But last year they had interview invites up until March

Do not lose hope. There is a lot of movement throughout the year with students shuffling around with different acceptances. A lot of my classmates did not have interviews until March as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do not lose hope. There is a lot of movement throughout the year with students shuffling around with different acceptances. A lot of my classmates did not have interviews until March as well.

Thank you for your words of encouragement!!!! :)

Last edited:

He is 100% correct. My interview was early March and I was accepted late March. I attend now and am absolutely grateful for the opportunity! You have to be patient and enjoy the process. Not only now but in dental school as well.

Reactions: 1 users
He is 100% correct. My interview was early March and I was accepted late March. I attend now and am absolutely grateful for the opportunity! You have to be patient and enjoy the process. Not only now but in dental school as well.

Thank you, this gives me hope. As many Others I have recieved an email saying that my app is still under review, but I haven’t interviewed yet. My stats aren’t the highest but I do have lots of voluntering and 14 years in dentistry(6 as dent assistant and now 8 as practicing dental hygienist). So I guess have to wait and see.

Hi all,
I'm in need of some major advice. I'm a re-applicant and currently am doing a masters. My stats are pretty low, hence the masters. However, I'm worried the masters has hurt me rather than helped me. My masters GPA right now is a 2.6 (hoping to bring it up as much as possible this semester); oGPA 3.2; first DAT AA 18; second DAT AA 19. Besides grades, I have tried to make up for it with many years of volunteering, work, and shadowing. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point, or if there's any hope left for me. What do you think? Any chance at NYU? Any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

Hi all,
I'm in need of some major advice. I'm a re-applicant and currently am doing a masters. My stats are pretty low, hence the masters. However, I'm worried the masters has hurt me rather than helped me. My masters GPA right now is a 2.6 (hoping to bring it up as much as possible this semester); oGPA 3.2; first DAT AA 18; second DAT AA 19. Besides grades, I have tried to make up for it with many years of volunteering, work, and shadowing. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point, or if there's any hope left for me. What do you think? Any chance at NYU? Any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

How many credits do you have left? You need to get it above a 3.0 then you might get accepted to a school or at least another opportunity to get another masters or such. You need to retake your DATs with that GPA. Aim for at least a 21AA.

Yikes, I know I asked but I didn't want to hear that! :blackeye:
I have only 15 credits left, which basically means I need nearly all A's... Theoretically, possible. Realistically, not so much.
Do you really think another masters is a good idea? Is it normal to do a second masters? I would definitely be willing to retake my DAT.

Yikes, I know I asked but I didn't want to hear that! :blackeye:
I have only 15 credits left, which basically means I need nearly all A's... Theoretically, possible. Realistically, not so much.
Do you really think another masters is a good idea? Is it normal to do a second masters? I would definitely be willing to retake my DAT.

From what I've heard, some people choose to get another masters, retake prerequisites or opt to get more exposure in the dental field. It's up to you.
It's not common to do a 2nd masters though.
Just remember the opportunity is there. It's what you make of it. Don't ever give up. If this is what you want, you'll get it!

Your best shot is with NYU though

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. That sounds like good advice. Yet still holding out on a miracle!
I've just heard of someone getting in with a 2.8 masters GPA. I know the chances are super slim, but if it's happened once, it's possible. Unsure about their other stats though.

Edited to add:
Sorry for being a noob! I'm new at SDN and obviously don't know how to quote.

Hello guys! I Am new here! Thank god I found this forum!
I have an interview this Thursday, they sent me an email last week very late at night! I am very excited! I wanted to ask, What are my chances to get in if I do well in my interview? Is it for waiting list now? And if I get in, will I know by late March? Thanks a million to everyone here! And good luck!

Any waitlist movement?

This motivated me to write my LOCI.

Anyone rejected yet without interview? Or do they start doing it at the end of March...?

Hi everyone! I have an interview with NYU coming up and it is my one and only interview, so I want to absolutely nail it! Can anyone give me some insight on the interview? I know a lot of people say it’s very informal and conversational, but I’m sure it can still get pretty serious! I know generic questions like “why dentistry? Where do you see yourself In X years?” Will come up, has anyone ever experienced a question where you couldn’t answer with NYU? For those who got rejected by NYU after an interview, do you have any idea why? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

thank you!

Hi everyone! I have an interview with NYU coming up and it is my one and only interview, so I want to absolutely nail it! Can anyone give me some insight on the interview? I know a lot of people say it’s very informal and conversational, but I’m sure it can still get pretty serious! I know generic questions like “why dentistry? Where do you see yourself In X years?” Will come up, has anyone ever experienced a question where you couldn’t answer with NYU? For those who got rejected by NYU after an interview, do you have any idea why? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

thank you!
relax and be yourself

Last edited by a moderator:

thank you!

How is your undergrad GPA? I had a pretty low GPA (3.4 overall) and when I interviewed there two years ago, my interviewer (Dr. Spielman I think..?) was pretty concerned about it, talked about it for more than half the interview I believe lol so be prepared IF you have a GPA on the low side. Personal experience though, so not every interviewer will be the same.

How is your undergrad GPA? I had a pretty low GPA (3.4 overall) and when I interviewed there two years ago, my interviewer (Dr. Spielman I think..?) was pretty concerned about it, talked about it for more than half the interview I believe lol so be prepared IF you have a GPA on the low side. Personal experience though, so not every interviewer will be the same.

thank you so much for your reply. I am in deep trouble then ...my GPA is far lower than yours! (3.1?) but my SGPA is around 3.6. I will prepare myself to talk about it.

That's pretty surprising because your gpa is higher than some of the other students that are being accepted/interviewed

Hi Swampis,

Would you mind sharing me approximately when you submitted your application and when did you receive your interview invite to NYU last year?
I'm also a Canadian applicant, I submitted my app in July, been waiting ever since. My status on the portal still says: "Your application is complete and under review". Now it is around January, i'm getting anxious. My Gap is around 3.7, DAT with 22 AA, 21 PAT. yet still no invite.

My question is, do Canadian students get their invites late?
Hi fellow canadian! Have you heard any update from NYU?

Any tips/leads on rooms for rent starting june?
Thank you and good luck

hi everyone, how long is the waiting time for interview feedback/result gonna be... Has already waited for a week.

hi everyone, how long is the waiting time for interview feedback/result gonna be... Has already waited for a week.

I heard back within 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I heard back within 2 days.

I interviewed a few weeks ago but I heard back 3 days later that I was waitlisted =[

Also, I saw you mentioned in a previous post that you applied last cycle and haven't received any interviews. Could you please let us know what you did to improve your application this cycle?

thank you so much for your reply. I am in deep trouble then ...my GPA is far lower than yours! (3.1?) but my SGPA is around 3.6. I will prepare myself to talk about it.

Best of luck!

That's pretty surprising because your gpa is higher than some of the other students that are being accepted/interviewed

Haha forgot to mention that my sGPA was a 3.1 though... :(

I interviewed a few weeks ago but I heard back 3 days later that I was waitlisted =[

Also, I saw you mentioned in a previous post that you applied last cycle and haven't received any interviews. Could you please let us know what you did to improve your application this cycle?

Are you referring to me?

I’m a reapplicant but I had a few interviews last year, no acceptances.

This year, multiple acceptances/interviews. Including NYU.

Do you mind sharing what you did diffently this cycle compared with last cycle? Thanks and congrats!

Has anyone that interviewed in the last two weeks heard anything back from them? Im still waiting for them to let me know of their decision. I know admissions usually take about a week or two, but I just got really worried because some people heard back from them as quick as two to three days. Also if someone knows why they are taking longer, could you please let me know. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.