****The Official Ohio State Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Started by mvogt
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I called today and they said I'm number 8 on the OOS alternate list. I was 17th initially so it does look like it is moving. Is anyone higher than 8 that is not planning on accepting their acceptance?
 
Greetings, just got my acceptance. I'm here seeking out all interviewees of Jan 18. I miss you guys already. Everyone was so warm and welcoming.

Let's get connected.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admissions cycle for OOS is pretty much done unless some people give up their multiple deposits. They're only taking 16 ppl OOS this year because of their new admissions director.
 
Where did you hear that? At the interview they didn't say it was any different than the last couple years which usually goes though all the wait list
 
From the admissions people I had called. I've been checking up every week to find updates. They took 22 people last year I believe but things have changed with their new admissions director (last year they had an interm director). The guy said they're taking 16 people this year (seats are filled at this point).
 
If they interviewed the same number of people and almost exhausted both waiting lists, I'm sure they will come close again this year. They'll just exhaust the instate before the out of state list. Looking at previous years there were lots of people with multiple deposits that dropped out in march and april. Here's to hoping!
 
just found out yesterday I am number 1 on the waitlist right now...if i miss it by 1 im going to be mad lol There has to be at least one person that will back out though, its only early february
 
just found out yesterday I am number 1 on the waitlist right now...if i miss it by 1 im going to be mad lol There has to be at least one person that will back out though, its only early february

Yeah you should be perfectly fine. I'm number 6, keeping my fingers crossed. Also it looks like you're a packer fan, I grew up just outside of green bay and am the biggest fan you'll meet. Hopefully we'll be in the same class next year.
 
Im number 5 on the waiting list. I guess my only hope is that some people in front of me are going somewhere else
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im number two on the wait list now. The guy told me there are 4 people with multiple deposits but all of them decided to go to ohio state. I guess my only hope is someone gets accepted off a wait list somewhere and decides to give up their spot