****The Official Ohio State Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

mvogt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's time to start this thread up! Just got a really nice phone call invite for an interview on October 13th. They said an email would be forthcoming :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Same here! Now I just have to find a thread on OSU interviews...

Members don't see this ad :)
congratz to both!!

wish i got that phone call soon :xf:

Any details on the first round of interviews?

Hey all! Did anyone receive the email regading the 1 year Post- Bacc program? Does this mean they arent considering you for matriculation for class 2017?

Hey all! Did anyone receive the email regading the 1 year Post- Bacc program? Does this mean they arent considering you for matriculation for class 2017?

I didn't receive that, but don't worry, I bet you just got added to a group mailing list of some kind.

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow!!!

They sent me an email regarding one year post bac program. Are u out of state or in state?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they sent out the invitations for the November 17th interview yet?

They said on their facebook page that they're going to start sending out invites via phone at the end of this week. so "keep your phone on and close and your voicemail clear"

Just finished up with the interview Saturday. It was super fun, you're interviewed in a speed dating style by a team of 5. It was really relaxed and everyone was really excited to see you.

Good luck on hearing about Nov. 17th, I hope you get it!

Does this mean the last interview date will only be in-state applicants? This was posted on their facebook page this evening..

"Are you in an in-state OSU CoD applicant waiting to hear from us? Well tomorrow (FRIDAY, OCT 19) invites will go out! Remember to have your phone handy--ringer on, voice mail set up and professional, and make sure your mailbox is not full!

I say these things because we have experienced voice mail boxes that do not identify the person related to the number, voice mail messages that include some not so professional language, and on numerous occasions, mailboxes that are full!"

Got a call today for an interview on November 17th! So pumped! Thought I'd let everyone know they did make the interview calls today. Good luck to everyone!

So I take it all calls for an interview have already been made this morning and invites are over?

Hopefully that means that they still have to call OOS applicants haha. I tried calling them today to find out but they didn't answer the phone.

Ya! I asked..... Out of state people will get calls the beginning of next week!!:xf::xf:

Called and they said they've sent out all their interviews. That's it for this cycle...Guess I can cross off OSU now. Congrats to those who received an interview!

Called and they said they've sent out all their interviews. That's it for this cycle...Guess I can cross off OSU now. Congrats to those who received an interview!
this is why i love SDN... thanks for the heads up... i wish they would just tell us a NO when this happens so I can stop even looking for it lol.....

how will they know for sure all would accept? a few could reject...

how will they know for sure all would accept? a few could reject...

They have 60 people each come for 3 interview dates so that's 180 people to choose from. Chances are they fill up their class with a short waitlist.

Got a call today for an interview on November 17th! So pumped! Thought I'd let everyone know they did make the interview calls today. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! How long after you emailed your confirmation to interview did you get a confirmation email?

So far I think, going by the posts on SDN and someone else I know who has been invited, they haven't sent out the confirmation email yet? I feel like they may start sending the confirmation emails after 10:00 a.m. on October 31st, just so they can send them all at once? Not sure though.

Congrats! How long after you emailed your confirmation to interview did you get a confirmation email?

Sorry I'm getting back to you guys so late, but I received a confirmation e-mail probably 2 days later and also a very nice formal invitation in the mail the following week.

Congratulations to everyone that received a phone call today.. I am so excited to be a Buckeye now!

I got put on the OOS alternate list, but was told I have a pretty good position on it. They go through the alt lists pretty quick from what I have heard, so hopefully I still have a good shot at my first choice school before I have to send a deposit into another school.

So proud to be a Buckeye!! I Can't wait to start and Congrats to all my future classmates! For all those who may not have received a call, all I can say as a multiple time applicant is keep improving and keep trying, it will work out eventually!

Just found out my position on the wait list..12 out of 37...anyone know if I have
a chance?

Just found out my position on the wait list..12 out of 37...anyone know if I have
a chance?

Are you instate or OOS? Either way, it'd be best to hear what they think and not what one of us thinks right?
If you're instate, I heard that last year(from an adcom member) about 11 people dropped out during the first month, and then the whole list only had about 3 people left on it in July. So fair chances I guess.

If you're OOS, then I'm not sure, but I feel like that would move MUCH faster than in-state. Either way, they won't let you know till first week of January! Best of luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

I am OOS... Why January? If people start declining now they can start accepting people off the list right?

I am OOS... Why January? If people start declining now they can start accepting people off the list right?

I think you have really good chances then! The OOS runs up fast from what I've heard. They could, but they wait until January. Talk about frustrating! I'm so close to getting in!

so you're saying that if a bunch of people decline in the next few weeks they will wait till january first or so and take a bunch of people at one time off the wait list?

so you're saying that if a bunch of people decline in the next few weeks they will wait till january first or so and take a bunch of people at one time off the wait list?

Yes. I'm 100% positive. It's what I was told. We have to wait until the first week of January.
Is this your first choice?

oh okay awesome, thanks. More waiting...awesome haha. Yes OSU is my first choice..guess i'll have to make a deposit somewhere else in the meantime

Anyone know when OOS wait list is going to start moving?

From what I know, it should have moved a little bit at least. I was speaking to someone and it's still considered early. If you don't hear from the by the end of March then I think you should move on, which is what I was told in the past. I would call them and see how much you have moved up on the waitlist because they have made new offers this month already.
Good luck! :)