****The Official Ohio State Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Bottom half oos.... sigh

Members don't see this ad.

The OOS list probably moves pretty fast. I know it isn't much consolation, but I'm still rooting for you LaughingGas - we're all in this together.

Thank you. Hopefully we will make it. Patience is the key...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew my OOS acceptance to OSU today, hope it opens up a spot for someone deserving of going to this great school!

Reactions: 3 users
Was told I'm bottom third oos. Like seventy ppl. Woot. And that they have gone through the entire alternate list before

Was told I'm bottom third oos. Like seventy ppl. Woot. And that they have gone through the entire alternate list before
did they tell you that they've gone through an entire alternate list before?

I can't tell if bottom third is good and you're actually excited or if bottom third is bad and you're being sarcastic....

Well, I guess we also need to bear in mind that people still haven't made deposits yet, which will funnel out some of the people on the waitlist to a more reasonable number. Also, that number may not be as far off as it seems.

If 88/110 people accepted so far are in-state, that would only mean that ~130 people from Ohio were interviewed (~40 waitlisted currently from what was said above). It isn't too much more than the 107 from last year. Plus, more will surely be accepted. I bet at least 15 of those waitlisted, maybe up to 20 would be accepted. We'll estimate 17 accepted from wait list, that puts you at 105/130 total accepted. That's not very far off from last year, and still gives a pretty decent shot of getting in.
Well I'm in the bottom fourth of the in state waitlist so I have accepted my fate. Hopefully your position is better!

There's always movement right around April too when people have to give up their multiple deposits and commit to one school.

did they tell you that they've gone through an entire alternate list before?
That's what the gentleman I spoke with said. Good luck doc, its bad. and I am trying to be Mr. Brightside.

are you saying that there are more OOS applicants on alternate list? or 70 total? I will think there are less OOS on wait list since they invite and accept less OOS...don't you think?

are you saying that there are more OOS applicants on alternate list? or 70 total? I will think there are less OOS on wait list since they invite and accept less OOS...don't you think?
Like 70 total. They interview 216. Accept 110 altogether and someone above mentioned there being 130 in state candidates. 22 oos +130=152. So whats that, 64 oos on the waiting list?

There are more OOS on the waitlist because less OOS are accepted than in-state. There are ~70 OOS and ~40 in-state on the waitlist right now (according to the Admissions Committee).

@soydentista, though there are more on the OOS list, the OOS list moves faster. So you may have a better chance getting in at #70 on the OOS list than #40 on the in-state list. I can't say for sure, that's just an assumption :p

130 was just an approximation before, was basing that off of last year's numbers. By the sound of it, probably not too far off though.

@TheHostess: Sorry to hear that, but I'm happy you're accepted at a few other places!

Edit: I've just discovered the "@" sign! Probably not necessary since you're both checking this thread occasionally anyways, but I got a bit trigger (keyboard) happy lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
130 was just an approximation before, was basing that off of last year's numbers. By the sound of it, probably not too far off though.
Yes, my numbers are too especially because some people don't wish to be placed as alternates and the official deadline isn't until the 13th. Miracles do happen!
PS I think your numbers are total applicants interviewed but not accepted. Those numbers all add up to about 220 which is what they interviewed. And not everyone is going to say yes or bother being an alternate especially if they got accepted elsewhere.

Last edited:
Like seventy ppl.
Dang, I think that's double the waitlists of the past few years. I'm assuming it's because they interviewed a few more people this cycle.

Hey, at least we know that everyone that interviewed either got accepted or placed on alternate list... ( none got rejected). I think the admission office will have a better number of how many opted to be on alternate list after Dec 13, right? I really want to go here :)

Reactions: 2 users
That day and sometime in April are big movement days.

NMC2010....my wish is that you create a OSU FB group and I can be in it!! :(
Few other Schools have FB groups that includes those accepted and wait listed.. Maybe?

NMC2010....my wish is that you create a OSU FB group and I can be in it!! :(
Few other Schools have FB groups that includes those accepted and wait listed.. Maybe?

I think the school usually makes one - not sure I'm allowed to do that haha. If I end up getting accepted and it's OK to do so, I'll see what I can do for us :)

Hi everyone, I am new to this board. I am an in-state student who was waitlisted. When I called to see where I am on the waitlist, Mike told me I was in the "top half" and "top 25%" of the list. So I can estimate that I am in the top 9 or so (out of 37 people). Do you guys think I have a shot in getting in? I am super nervous.. OSU is really my top/only option and I worked so hard for this. I would be heartbroken if I didn't get in. If anyone has any info/tips regarding this, it would be so helpful :)

Hi everyone, I am new to this board. I am an in-state student who was waitlisted. When I called to see where I am on the waitlist, Mike told me I was in the "top half" and "top 25%" of the list. So I can estimate that I am in the top 9 or so (out of 37 people). Do you guys think I have a shot in getting in? I am super nervous.. OSU is really my top/only option and I worked so hard for this. I would be heartbroken if I didn't get in. If anyone has any info/tips regarding this, it would be so helpful :)

According to the ADA handbook for 2012, it looks like 14 got in from the in-state waitlist last year, so you've got a chance. Right now, you can make sure you complete everything on the alternate list pdf on schedule with the timelines they give in it.

According to the ADA handbook for 2012, it looks like 14 got in from the in-state waitlist last year, so you've got a chance. Right now, you can make sure you complete everything on the alternate list pdf on schedule with the timelines they give in it.
Does the ADA handbook given any stats about out of state students?

Thanks for the reply.. I am super nervous. I don't like waiting. You guys think I'll find out before April?

Does the ADA handbook given any stats about out of state students?

http://www.adea.org/publications/Pages/OfficialGuide.aspx

I can't seem to access this, but one of the links at the bottom (Chapter 3?) might have the info you're looking for, courtesy of TheHostess.

Sunshine, most of the movement happens between December - March and then again in May, so you'll probably hear back before April with that high of a spot. :xf:

I am hoping so! I'm rooting for all of us..... hopefully we all get some great news! I'll keep you guys updated if I find out anything (I have a friend who works in admissions).

Can someone call friday to find out how many OOS on list? Thanks…I am anxious to know but can not dial number lol
I will call to find out once I submit my new transcript but that won't be until January :(… I have the feeling I am at the end of list because of my low stats, and not sure i want to know until after finals!!!
Thanks, btw i checked Chapter 3 and can NOT find any info on it!!lol

Can someone call friday to find out how many OOS on list? Thanks…I am anxious to know but can not dial number lol
I will call to find out once I submit my new transcript but that won't be until January :(… I have the feeling I am at the end of list because of my low stats, and not sure i want to know until after finals!!!
Thanks, btw i checked Chapter 3 and can NOT find any info on it!!lol
Roughly about 70. And I also think im bottom of the list due to low stats.

Phew, my heart almost came out of place when I saw email from ohio just now! MAN, was email saying they sent me wrong package..did anyone else got this email?

did anyone get out of Alternate list yet? I will contact them next week once I submit my Graduate GPA!! and I will ask my rank on the list and see how many people on list!! God, wish more OSU applicants contribute to this thread!! I really want to go here :(

did anyone get out of Alternate list yet? I will contact them next week once I submit my Graduate GPA!! and I will ask my rank on the list and see how many people on list!! God, wish more OSU applicants contribute to this thread!! I really want to go here :(
I asked the office when any big drop days are and they said January second so hopefully we'll hear something then.

Haven't been on here for a week or two; do you guys know of anything we currently have to have done by January 2nd if we're on the alternate list? Isn't it currently just the Hepatitis B series (started Dec. 16th)?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Last edited:
Just got the call this morning, got accepted from the in-state waitlist :D

Don't give up guys, things are starting to move!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!!! Approximately where were you on the waitlist, if you don't mind me asking?

Also I think you should be okay on the requirements. Just start your hep b shots ASAP if you already haven't had them.

Just got the call this morning, got accepted from the in-state waitlist :D

Don't give up guys, things are starting to move!!!

Last edited:
Thanks! I called one of the people on the health committee and she said the same thing basically. I started the series for Hep B and Varicella on Dec. 27th. I started so late because I didn't think I needed them at all. Had Hep B shot series in 1997/1998 and I had chickenpox as a toddler. Had the titer done and came back negative for antibodies on both series. I explained the situation and told them I could offer proof that I had them before, negative titer results, etc. and they said it was fine and to just get the immunizations done and sent to them as soon as possible.

When I called before they told me I was near the top, so I imagine they're probably just getting started or that they've already had several people confirm that they wouldn't be attending OSU before the deadline. I bet that means there will be even more movement on the 2nd/3rd, because there are probably quite a few people attending other schools that never bothered to tell the admissions committee.

Hang in there everyone!

Congratulations NMC2010 !!! Glad you can celebrate today and welcome the NEW Year :)

Alright, I called and here's an update. Apparently 1 IS student declined an invite to the school, and 2 IS students haven't replied back yet. So there might be some movement over the next couple of days. This should give hope to those in the top 25%.

I got a phone call today! I've been accepted off of the in state waitlist!

If anyone wants to know, I think I figured out where they are on the IS list. 6 people rejected IS invitations initially. So that means 6 people off the wait list were offered spots already. Then a couple of people didn't send their deposits/declined their spots so a couple of more spots opened up. I was told I was in the top 25% too but haven't gotten a spot yet. Last time I checked, I was in the top 10% so the list must have like gone down by 7-8 people? Does that make sense?

I got a phone call today! I've been accepted off of the in state waitlist!

Congratulations!!!

If anyone wants to know, I think I figured out where they are on the IS list. 6 people rejected IS invitations initially. So that means 6 people off the wait list were offered spots already. Then a couple of people didn't send their deposits/declined their spots so a couple of more spots opened up. I was told I was in the top 25% too but haven't gotten a spot yet. Last time I checked, I was in the top 10% so the list must have like gone down by 7-8 people? Does that make sense?

Sounds like you're getting close, hopefully good news soon.

Has anyone heard anything?!

Someone that's OOS said they got accepted in the Official Interview/Acceptance thread, but not sure where they were on the wait-list. Might try PMing them if interested (see page 53 or 54 for name). Then again, I spose you can always call admissions too. Keep us posted!

Someone that's OOS said they got accepted in the Official Interview/Acceptance thread, but not sure where they were on the wait-list. Might try PMing them if interested (see page 53 or 54 for name). Then again, I spose you can always call admissions too. Keep us posted!
They said I was near the top of in-state waitlist. Here's hoping the in-state actually moves.