****The Official Ohio State Interview/Acceptance Thread class of 2022: Go Bucks!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten the call yet today?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm worried! Did no one really get a call?
You're not alone. I haven't received a call either. During the last interview invite, they sent many invites the day after the scheduled day. Hopefully, that's the case this time around as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I called them this morning to ask if they had sent out the invites and they said they're a little bit behind on those dates and will do them by Monday at the latest. Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Today's the day! Good luck everyone!

I doubt they will call today considering that it's a holiday.. tomorrow's probably the day we're looking for

How important is it to attend the friday agenda? I have an exam that im not sure I can move which means id have to miss that day!

How important is it to attend the friday agenda? I have an exam that im not sure I can move which means id have to miss that day!
It won't affect you, it's for you to see more of the school and get a feel for things but it's not required for you to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
You get a great snapshot of the school by being there on a weekday when all of the students and faculty are around. I would say that the majority of interviewees were there. You are able to get a tour of the school on Saturday after the interview however and see some of the larger OSU campus. If I had an exam that couldn't budge, then I would probably forego the Friday events although it is beneficial. Lean on your professor a little bit. :)

I'm not sure, they were suppose to send them October 4th

So I guess if I did not receive a call from ohio, I'm rejected. Good luck everyone!

Got an offer to interview on November 4th for DentPath! I was really thrown off, since it's the first interview I've gotten, and I was not expecting a call so late in the afternoon. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as me (my GPA isn't competitive enough for OOS for straight admission), but if someone has any more details about the DentPath program outside of what's posted on the site, can you let me know?

Hey! May I ask your stats and date you received the confirmation?
Got an offer to interview on November 4th for DentPath! I was really thrown off, since it's the first interview I've gotten, and I was not expecting a call so late in the afternoon. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as me (my GPA isn't competitive enough for OOS for straight admission), but if someone has any more details about the DentPath program outside of what's posted on the site, can you let me know?

Not gonna lie, I have pretty poor stats. I had a 17 AA on the DAT, a 3.2 overall GPA and a 2.8 science GPA. My research, extracurriculars, shadowing and community service were the only really impressive thing on my application for this reason. And it's not an interview for the regular straight admission path. It's for OSU's DentPath program. There was a yes or no option to be considered for it when you submitted your application. My application was delayed due to my transcripts getting lost in the mail, so it was not submitted until mid-July. They received my supplemental application on August 3rd.

Most of the dental schools in the country have these programs for people who are either underrepresented minorities or feasibly fit at least three of the criteria to be considered disadvantaged. It is a year long program that they set aside a certain number of seats for each year. If you successfully complete the program, you get into the dental school the following year (if you applied to be a part of the Class of 2022, you will be a part of the Class of 2023 upon successful completion). It is their way of maintaining the student retention rate for students who could potentially struggle without because exposed to the dental school environment early, as well as helping to diversify the field. Unfortunately, I don't know about OSU's program in particular. I was considered for the similar programs at UIC and Marquette during the last cycle.

Not gonna lie, I have pretty poor stats. I had a 17 AA on the DAT, a 3.2 overall GPA and a 2.8 science GPA. My research, extracurriculars, shadowing and community service were the only really impressive thing on my application for this reason. And it's not an interview for the regular straight admission path. It's for OSU's DentPath program. There was a yes or no option to be considered for it when you submitted your application. My application was delayed due to my transcripts getting lost in the mail, so it was not submitted until mid-July. They received my supplemental application on August 3rd.

Most of the dental schools in the country have these programs for people who are either underrepresented minorities or feasibly fit at least three of the criteria to be considered disadvantaged. It is a year long program that they set aside a certain number of seats for each year. If you successfully complete the program, you get into the dental school the following year (if you applied to be a part of the Class of 2022, you will be a part of the Class of 2023 upon successful completion). It is their way of maintaining the student retention rate for students who could potentially struggle without because exposed to the dental school environment early, as well as helping to diversify the field. Unfortunately, I don't know about OSU's program in particular. I was considered for the similar programs at UIC and Marquette during the last cycle.

Cool, thanks for the info! My DAT is straight fire (24 AA), but I figured my ~3.0 oGPA and ~3.0 sGPA probably wouldn't be good enough. I'm in a post-bacc program right now, and I'm doing well so far, but because OSU doesn't do spring semester interviews, I don't have a chance to try to wow them with a semester's worth of science-intensive courses. Good luck on the interview, hopefully we both get in!

Really? Whats your residency? I thought they were finished giving interview invitations.

One of my friends called the office on the 5th, they said they were behind and wouldn’t send out invites for several days. I got my invite on the 12th. I’m an Ohio resident.

Can anyone fill me in on what to expect the interview to be like?

Can anyone fill me in on what to expect the interview to be like?
the interview will be really chill.they try their best to make you feel at home and comfortable. ITs an open file interview. just go in and be yourself that youpresented on your application and more. Remember that they already know the things you wrote on your app. feed them something new. i hope that helps

Have any of the other November 4th DentPath people not yet received a confirmation email?

Have any of the other November 4th DentPath people not yet received a confirmation email?

Me. I called them a few days ago, and they said they'd be sending them out soon, but still haven't gotten anything

Me. I called them a few days ago, and they said they'd be sending them out soon, but still haven't gotten anything
Same. I contacted them last Wednesday and they said they'd be sending them out soon. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Same. I contacted them last Wednesday and they said they'd be sending them out soon. Doesn't seem to be the case.

Does dent path students have to interview for that seperately before dec 1?

Yes, apparently the only DentPath interview date is November 4th.

Thanks, I was just wondering. I have to go back the 17th to interview for the CARE program. Anyways, best of luck and I totally wish these additional interviews were held after Dec 1st.

Yes, apparently the only DentPath interview date is November 4th.

Which is great for us, since there were 7 (?) DentPath people interviewing, and up to 10 spots, so theoretically, we all get a spot

Which is great for us, since there were 7 (?) DentPath people interviewing, and up to 10 spots, so theoretically, we all get a spot
Not necessarily. Some schools place Pre-December interviewees in the pool for these programs, so it is possible some earlier interviewees will also be offered a spot with the DentPath program. I got the sense that this was the case during my interview when my interviewer mentioned that if I get offered a DentPath seat, I should take it. He said this without knowledge of my application statistics or knowledge that I was interviewing specifically for DentPath.

Thanks, I was just wondering. I have to go back the 17th to interview for the CARE program. Anyways, best of luck and I totally wish these additional interviews were held after Dec 1st.
While it would be more convenient to have these program interviews after December 1st, it is more ideal to have them done beforehand. This way, on Initial Offer Day, everyone who interviewed for these programs knows if they got in or not. I especially liked that the DentPath people interviewed on the last general admission interview day. It made me feel less singled out, and even the interviewers were not given knowledge of who was interviewing for what. If they did these interviews after December 1st, there would be issues with people both not knowing where they stand at the school and they run the risk of shrinking their potential interview pool if the people they would have interviewed received other initial offers.

Am currently attending OSU as a first year. If anyone has any questions please ask! Decision day for a lot of you is coming really soon.

Am currently attending OSU as a first year. If anyone has any questions please ask! Decision day for a lot of you is coming really soon.

Do they call or email on Dec 1st? And around what time do they start calling/send out emails?

Do they call or email on Dec 1st? And around what time do they start calling/send out emails?
They do both. One of the D1s said she got a call around noon.

For anyone going to this CARE program interview Friday the 17th, do you have any idea of what this might consist of? Do you think our interview performance will affect the admission decision?

How did you know OSU was the right choice for you?
So here's my sequence of events.

Interviewed at OSU, Michigan, UNLV, Utah before December 1st.

Before the interviews I had rated my schools as Utah 9, UNLV 8, Michigan 6, Ohio 6. This was based on the areas they were in, cost, etc.

After the interviews I rated Utah as 8, UNLV as 4, Michigan as 5, and Ohio as 8. Ohio State was definitely my favorite interview, I felt most at home there.

Dec 1st comes and I get no calls. Same with Jan,Feb,March. Finally in April I get accepted to Ohio State and here I am!

So the choice was taken out of my hands. Had I been accepted to Utah and Ohio I would have picked Utah due to family being there. Ohio had my favorite interview here, and I feel lucky/blessed to be here.

For anyone going to this CARE program interview Friday the 17th, do you have any idea of what this might consist of? Do you think our interview performance will affect the admission decision?

Im going tomorrow. from what Jae Denson said it really doesn't sound like this interview has any influence on our general admission. Which can be a good or bad thing for some applicants who got invited to come back. But, I feel like unless they got their internal controls absolutely secure then this interview could def potentially affect general admission offer and wait list applicants. But who knows really. Since this program is entirely new only someone at OSU or someone with real connections can give us some further insight into what to expect Friday. Mr. Denson did say for us to prepare a statement. I wonder if they going to have us practice public speaking skill here?

So here's my sequence of events.

Interviewed at OSU, Michigan, UNLV, Utah before December 1st.

Before the interviews I had rated my schools as Utah 9, UNLV 8, Michigan 6, Ohio 6. This was based on the areas they were in, cost, etc.

After the interviews I rated Utah as 8, UNLV as 4, Michigan as 5, and Ohio as 8. Ohio State was definitely my favorite interview, I felt most at home there.

Dec 1st comes and I get no calls. Same with Jan,Feb,March. Finally in April I get accepted to Ohio State and here I am!

So the choice was taken out of my hands. Had I been accepted to Utah and Ohio I would have picked Utah due to family being there. Ohio had my favorite interview here, and I feel lucky/blessed to be here.
I cant imagine the anxiety you had waiting that long for a offer. if you dont mind me asking what were you doing during that time? Like were you prepping for re-applying for next year or moving on to pursue other interest?

I cant imagine the anxiety you had waiting that long for a offer. if you dont mind me asking what were you doing during that time? Like were you prepping for re-applying for next year or moving on to pursue other interest?
Working and weighing my options. Heavily considered doing a fast track nursing program and eventually doing a NP or something!

Working and weighing my options. Heavily considered doing a fast track nursing program and eventually doing a NP or something!
Nurse anesthesis all the way. I've been considering that for a while myself

If I had to do it over again, I'd pick nursing TBH. Do 4 years, work as a nurse for a few, go back and do anesthesia or practitioner.

The people who were invited for interviews, does your app still simply say "Invited for interview" when you check the status?

Status
Not open for further replies.