****The Official Ohio State Interview/Acceptance Thread class of 2022: Go Bucks!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should call them about the email. They have a google form where you opt in or opt out of the waitlist.
Oh that's weird I didn't get it then... thanks for letting me know! Did this happen to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I hate to be the guy that obsesses about this, but I have a couple of questions.. lol :

1. Is the waitlist separated by IS/OOS?

2. Are we able to find out our position on the waitlist at some point, or are we just subjected to living every single day as a nervous train wreck until we hear back?

3. Does anyone have a statistics from previous years as far as how many people get off the waitlist? ( I understand that each year differs, but just leave me alone, I want piece of mind)

If anyone could shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I may be wrong, but I think they said that they only do waitlist for IS
And I'm not sure about the rest of your questions

I have a friend who is waitlisted as an OOS. Not sure if they are separated into IS/OOS though.

Reactions: 1 user
Update for anyone who is on the alternate list, I was sent an email about the alternate list and I declined because I was accepted into a school in my state. So there is one less person on the list - best of luck to everyone!

I hate to be the guy that obsesses about this, but I have a couple of questions.. lol :

2. Are we able to find out our position on the waitlist at some point, or are we just subjected to living every single day as a nervous train wreck until we hear back?

3. Does anyone have a statistics from previous years as far as how many people get off the waitlist? ( I understand that each year differs, but just leave me alone, I want piece of mind)

Not sure about questions 2 and 3, as it seems to fluctuate a little and I don't know if they allow you to know. However, I do know there is an IS and OOS waitlist that are separate. The IS list tends to move slower but is smaller, and the OOS list is larger but moves faster.

Not sure about questions 2 and 3, as it seems to fluctuate a little and I don't know if they allow you to know. However, I do know there is an IS and OOS waitlist that are separate. The IS list tends to move slower but is smaller, and the OOS list is larger but moves faster.

Jumping in on this question, does anyone know if is more of a rolling acceptance for the waitlist? Like people could be accepted in a mater of days/ weeks? I know some schools wait until after Jan first and do more do a mass Second acceptance so I wasn’t sure. I felt from the email it was more of a rolling thing but if anyone knows for sure I’d love to know. Thanks :)

Has anyone gotten the acceptance email from OSU yet? According to the call, the email should be coming soon

Has anyone gotten the acceptance email from OSU yet? According to the call, the email should be coming soon
Yeah, wondering the same thing still....

I'm in the application status portal but I don't see the option where to accept it and pay the deposit haha..

Members don't see this ad :)

1. The waitlist IS separated by instate and out of state.

2. No, they do not disclose your position on the waitlist.

3. I do not know exact statistics but I do know that there are lots of people who get accepted off the IS waitlist!! Don't lose hope yet!!

Has anyone received any sort of confirmation after submitting your acceptance agreeement and acceptance fee?

Does anyone know if there are applicants who were not placed on the alternative list or who were rejected after interview?

Last edited:
Has anyone received information about their scholarship, if offered one? I was told that we will receive information, but it's been over a month and still have not been told much about the scholarship other than the name.

Has anyone received information about their scholarship, if offered one? I was told that we will receive information, but it's been over a month and still have not been told much about the scholarship other than the name.

Yeah, I got information about a scholarship today that they had told me about when I got accepted.

Is anyone else having trouble with Carmen? I can sign in but there is nothing on the page except a help and a resource tab... there's no class of 2022 admissions tab like they say there is supposed to be

Is anyone else having trouble with Carmen? I can sign in but there is nothing on the page except a help and a resource tab... there's no class of 2022 admissions tab like they say there is supposed to be

Email Lisa and let her know! I was in the same situation and she fixed it right away for me!

Has anyone from the in state waitlist been accepted yet?

You should call them about the email. They have a google form where you opt in or opt out of the waitlist.
Hi, do you know if the alternative list and wait list at OSU is the same thing?

Has anyone heard if there's been any movement on OOS list? It's been pretty quiet on here..

no movement for me here but i did get into case western reserve

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats? and when was your interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know when people who's decision was deferred might hear back? I interviewed Dec 4th, OOS. Also, do you think it would help to write a letter of intent. I've been accepted to a few other places but I'm really holding out for Ohio

No on the letter. Told me last year your place in line is your place in line. We just had a meeting with the dean, there are now officially two spots left. They said they were going to upload this information online later so I'm assuming I'm good to share it!

Those two spots are presumable for in state, since you were told 10% of the class was OOS and 12 people had already committed from OOS.

Looks like tag japan meant to put that in the Pre-Med.

Anyone know when people who's decision was deferred might hear back? I interviewed Dec 4th, OOS. Also, do you think it would help to write a letter of intent. I've been accepted to a few other places but I'm really holding out for Ohio
Hey,
No on the letter. Told me last year your place in line is your place in line. We just had a meeting with the dean, there are now officially two spots left. They said they were going to upload this information online later so I'm assuming I'm good to share it!

Those two spots are presumable for in state, since you were told 10% of the class was OOS and 12 people had already committed from OOS.
how about the students with multiple deposits who have committed?

Hey,

how about the students with multiple deposits who have committed?
I mean, they'll eventually drop one. They said they had people dropping a few weeks before school started last year.

I got a call yesterday being accepted from the OOS Alternate List. Unfortunately, I will be declining my offer here. I hope someone else gets the good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody been in communication with admissions lately about the timeline for financial aid? I asked a couple of months ago and they said middle of March. Just wondering if anyone heard the same or knows whether they are on track for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.