****The Official OHSU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received an interview invitation! IS applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a rejection yet/ know when they start sending them out?

Would those of you who got an interview post what date you submitted your completed application?

Don’t know if this is helpful, but I submitted July 5 (DAT scores weren’t verified until July 19), I got the highly competitive email September 24, received an interview invite October 17, interviewed November 8, and was accepted December 3. I’m OOS and I plan on attending.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my AADSAS application on 7/7, got the highly competitive email on 9/24, invited to interview 10/1, interviewed on 10/18, accepted 12/3. I'm an in-state student and will be attending in August!

Did anyone else get the mid-cycle email? Wondering if that means anything good

What is this "highly competitive email" everyone is talking about? I applied the first day the cycle opened, didn't hear a word for months, invited for interview Nov-something, accepted on Dec 3. I accepted my spot a few days ago, though I am on two schools' waitlists.

What is this "highly competitive email" everyone is talking about? I applied the first day the cycle opened, didn't hear a word for months, invited for interview Nov-something, accepted on Dec 3. I accepted my spot a few days ago, though I am on two schools' waitlists.

LOL. Never mind. I am on the thread for the wrong school!

Hey everyone. I got my acceptance a few weeks ago. Anyone know if there is a Facebook group set up yet? Or is it still too early?
Thanks!

Hey everyone. I got my acceptance a few weeks ago. Anyone know if there is a Facebook group set up yet? Or is it still too early?
Thanks!
Coming soon. Will post here when its up

It’s been really quite on here, any news from post-december interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Monday the 7th, and just got my acceptance today! Best of luck to everyone who is still slowly dying on the inside from the constant waiting.

Reactions: 4 users
I have a question, is the school in the city or in the suburban?

I interviewed Monday the 7th, and just got my acceptance today! Best of luck to everyone who is still slowly dying on the inside from the constant waiting.
Congrats! Soo true about slowly dying on the inside...just trying to wait patiently :p

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Does anyone have an idea how many community service hour is needed for OHSU on average?

Does anyone have an idea how many community service hour is needed for OHSU on average?

I had around 80 volunteer hours, but I had a couple thousand hours of extracurricular activities because I played a sport in college

Reactions: 1 users
Hi I received both the highly competitive and mid-cycle emails. I was just wondering if anybody knows when they will stop sending interview invites?

Hi I received both the highly competitive and mid-cycle emails. I was just wondering if anybody knows when they will stop sending interview invites?
I think they stop sending interviews in April or May... I could be wrong, but I do know they take their time and interview people late in the cycle.

Anyone here who applied in August and has been accepted?

I spoke with the assistant director of admissions a few days ago and she told me they’ll send out interview invites probably until March or beyond if needed.

Just clarifying -- after receiving the acceptance email, we do not have to do anything until receiving an additional email with a formal acceptance letter which we sign and return, right??

Just clarifying -- after receiving the acceptance email, we do not have to do anything until receiving an additional email with a formal acceptance letter which we sign and return, right??

You might be in the wrong thread - this is the predental forum! Unless im unaware of this process?

One of our classmates will do so and start inviting y'all to it soon. We usually wait till January or Feb when a good number of people invited more or less stay with the schools theyve selected if they've had early interviews.
Any update on the Facebook page?

Has anyone recieved invitation recently ?

I received the ‘competitive application’ email on Jan 9th after I updated my fall term grades but still waiting for an interview invitation.

Anybody know if OHSU requires a secondary deposit later on in the spring?

Anybody know if OHSU requires a secondary deposit later on in the spring?
They only require a deposit if you get accepted. 1k at least when I got accepted 2 years ago.

I have three questions!

1. Does anyone know if Mark is a director or a part of the admissions committee who decides on acceptances? I'm not sure if this is correct, but it seems like at some schools, the person who has the job that Mark does actually has no say in who gets admitted, while at other schools they do.

2. Anyone have any idea how much of the class is full yet? I think I heard that Mark said they are planning to interview until around the end of February. Starting to get extra nervous.

3. Also, has anyone here been accepted that did not take full time classes? I know a rigorous course load is important to OHSU but I have been taking evening classes after work so my transcripts only have 1 or 2 classes per term.

I have three questions!

1. Does anyone know if Mark is a director or a part of the admissions committee who decides on acceptances? I'm not sure if this is correct, but it seems like at some schools, the person who has the job that Mark does actually has no say in who gets admitted, while at other schools they do.

2. Anyone have any idea how much of the class is full yet? I think I heard that Mark said they are planning to interview until around the end of February. Starting to get extra nervous.

3. Also, has anyone here been accepted that did not take full time classes? I know a rigorous course load is important to OHSU but I have been taking evening classes after work so my transcripts only have 1 or 2 classes per term.

I don't have definitive answers, but I can give anecdotal experience that may help.

1. A current student may have more insight on this, but I do believe Mark has some weight. When one of my interviewers never showed, he took their place in interviewing me. Although it was out of protocol and a decision made on the spot, I doubt they'd let just any staff or administrative person stand in as interviewer. So at least in my case, he did have a direct influence on admissions.

2. As people often say, interviews go on for a while. If mark said they're planning to go until end of February, I wouldn't worry just yet. I was the same for pre December interviews - it was late November and I had already given up on getting a pre December interview from them but on November 20th, I suddenly got an email. I called immediately and scheduled an interview for three days later. You still have time!

Hope this helps even a little bit!

For those who placed a deposit through mail, how long did it take yours to get to the school?

I don't have definitive answers, but I can give anecdotal experience that may help.

1. A current student may have more insight on this, but I do believe Mark has some weight. When one of my interviewers never showed, he took their place in interviewing me. Although it was out of protocol and a decision made on the spot, I doubt they'd let just any staff or administrative person stand in as interviewer. So at least in my case, he did have a direct influence on admissions.

2. As people often say, interviews go on for a while. If mark said they're planning to go until end of February, I wouldn't worry just yet. I was the same for pre December interviews - it was late November and I had already given up on getting a pre December interview from them but on November 20th, I suddenly got an email. I called immediately and scheduled an interview for three days later. You still have time!

Hope this helps even a little bit!
Thanks so much!

Does OHSU’s interview have any writing portion? If so, any advice on that would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.