Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wouldn't worry, it looks like a large portion of interviews are post December. Like many people have said about OHSU, they are on their own timeline and are a bit slower in the process. Like @Endeross stated, they accept most people they interview. This means that they really take the time to decide who to interview. A lot of schools interview a lot of people and then go through the process of evaluating them afterwards, which is what it seems like OHSU is trying to avoid. I am also in-state with decent stats and have not heard back from them. However, I would rather get the interview and spend all of the traveling costs knowing there is a good chance that I will be accepted than just interviewing with a large pool of applicants and not knowing what my chances of being accepted are. I think it is a better way of doing it, and it saves both sides from wasting time and money. Best thing to do is just be patient, and if you get an interview then you know that the chances of being accepted are good.It seems like OHSU is starting to gain momentum in sending interviews, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed and nervous I may not hear back pre-December. I also know it's still early in the cycle since OHSU interviews many students post-December, but I can't help but worry!
So many of my in-state friends received interview invites in early October for both last and this years' cycles. I'm also in-state with okay stats, but I'm just left wondering if I should reach out or just keep sitting tight. I'm also wondering what about my application may have not warranted an earlier interview invite, but such is the mystery of dental school application processes 🙁 Just wanted to vent/see if others feel the same way!