-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official OSU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
D
deleted811127
They have more calls to go out today. They are apparently sending out a little over 140 acceptances for the approximately 120 seats.
Do you know the rationale behind that?They have more calls to go out today. They are apparently sending out a little over 140 acceptances for the approximately 120 seats.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know the rationale behind that?
I'm pretty sure most public schools do that in all programs. There are always people who turn down offers, especially OOS students. Some admissions people have stats/assumptions and base the number of acceptances off of that
Interesting, thanks for the info. Does that further diminish the chances for those of us who were waitlisted IS? Just curious, as I was under the impression OSU's IS waitlist had a lot of movement, though I'm not sure why people would turn down IS tuition.I'm pretty sure most public schools do that in all programs. There are always people who turn down offers, especially OOS students. Some admissions people have stats/assumptions and base the number of acceptances off of that
Did anyone create a Facebook page for the incoming dental class of 2023?
D
deleted811127
Some people run into financial or family issues that push them to reject an offer. These things unfortunately happen. Also, some people might want the adventure of going to another state. Some universities offer in-state tuition after a year, some don’t offer it at any point. It all depends on the person. I know some of the Ohio residents were interested in other schools because that is the school their parents attended. Everyone has a different story. I know I personally sought out OOS schools because it was cheaper to do that than stay in Illinois.Interesting, thanks for the info. Does that further diminish the chances for those of us who were waitlisted IS? Just curious, as I was under the impression OSU's IS waitlist had a lot of movement, though I'm not sure why people would turn down IS tuition.
Have all calls gone out now, or are they still going?They have more calls to go out today. They are apparently sending out a little over 140 acceptances for the approximately 120 seats.
D
deleted811127
They are in the process of being done.Have all calls gone out now, or are they still going?
Thank your for your insight and thoroughness. It is much appreciated. Keeping my fingers crossed for a waitlist acceptance.Some people run into financial or family issues that push them to reject an offer. These things unfortunately happen. Also, some people might want the adventure of going to another state. Some universities offer in-state tuition after a year, some don’t offer it at any point. It all depends on the person. I know some of the Ohio residents were interested in other schools because that is the school their parents attended. Everyone has a different story. I know I personally sought out OOS schools because it was cheaper to do that than stay in Illinois.
D
deleted811127
There is always hope. An acceptance can come your way at any point between now and the week before classes. If you don’t receive a rejection from a school for this cycle, hope still exists.Thank your for your insight and thoroughness. It is much appreciated. Keeping my fingers crossed for a waitlist acceptance.
Did they send out rejection AND waitlist emails? I haven't gotten a call neither an email. Should I expect a rejection letter in the mail ?? I am OOS.They are in the process of being done.
D
deleted811127
If you did not interview, you will receive a rejection email. If you did interview, but were not selected, you received a waitlist email. Everyone that interviewed got waitlisted if they were not offered a seat.Did they send out rejection AND waitlist emails? I haven't gotten a call neither an email. Should I expect a rejection letter in the mail ?? I am OOS.
I was interviewed and didn't receive the waitlist email. Expecting a call soon ?? 😀If you did not interview, you will receive a rejection email. If you did interview, but were not selected, you received a waitlist email. Everyone that interviewed got waitlisted if they were not offered a seat.
I believe they're all done calling, and the OOS people haven't received the waitlist email yet. However, until you get the email for the waitlist there is always hope.I was interviewed and didn't receive the waitlist email. Expecting a call soon ?? 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted811127
The email may get delayed, but apparently everyone that at least interviewed gets to the waitlist at the very least.I was interviewed and didn't receive the waitlist email. Expecting a call soon ?? 😀
Do you work there?They have more calls to go out today. They are apparently sending out a little over 140 acceptances for the approximately 120 seats.
So they are done calling then? Do you know when should we expect to get the waitlist email? Sorry for all the questions just trying to stay saneThe email may get delayed, but apparently everyone that at least interviewed gets to the waitlist at the very least.
please make one!Did anyone create a Facebook page for the incoming dental class of 2023?
D
deleted811127
Negative. I’m current DentPath. We will be D1s next year. We spend a lot of time in the admissions office. And one of the admissions office people runs a class that we take and I asked them a bunch of questions that people posted here.Do you work there?
D
deleted811127
They should be sent out sometime today. They may have also been received, but sent to your spam folder. It’s difficult to say.So they are done calling then? Do you know when should we expect to get the waitlist email? Sorry for all the questions just trying to stay sane
I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!! They are not done calling and they are calling all the OOS today!! YASSSS
THERE. IS. STILL. HOPE. 🙂
Toothmaker23
Full Member
I'm still holding out hope!! No call or email so far.
PreDent195
New Member
I am in In-State applicant
I got the waitlist email yesterday evening.
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT): 23/23/23
GPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.8
I thought my interviews went really well
Not really sure what to think, OSU is my first choice
I got the waitlist email yesterday evening.
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT): 23/23/23
GPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.8
I thought my interviews went really well
Not really sure what to think, OSU is my first choice
Last edited:
Pretty much in the same boat, some minor differences in application. Also caught off guard.So I would just like any thoughts.
I am in In-State applicant, interviewed in October. (I do go to undergrad in a different state, but that shouldn't make a difference)
I got the waitlist email yesterday evening.
I was caught a little off guard since I thought I was a competitive applicant.
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR): 23/23/23/23/25
GPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.8 as a bio major
Good extracurriculars, volunteering, ~60 shadowing hours, solid LoRs
Received offers from other, similarly competitive schools
My interviews went really well, I even got positive feedback from the interviewers right after.
I just really don't know what to think, OSU is my first choice
Redhawk4545
New Member
For those who have offers, is anyone else having trouble setting up email and accepting the offer? The email I was sent says that I need to go to the applicant center to pay my deposit and accept but when I do it simply says "please access the College of Dentistry website to view your application status".
TheMolarBear1123
Full Member
Should I expect a waitlist email? I still have not been contacted by anyone and I’m OOS.
Toothmaker23
Full Member
Nothing here yet either. I am waiting for the waitlist email at this pointShould I expect a waitlist email? I still have not been contacted by anyone and I’m OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same, I'm just gonna give it a few daysShould I expect a waitlist email? I still have not been contacted by anyone and I’m OOS.
Same here, I want to get the email so my anxiety levels will go back downNothing here yet either. I am waiting for the waitlist email at this point
Toothmaker23
Full Member
I feel you! I just want an answer at this point!Same here, I want to get the email so my anxiety levels will go back down
Have you made a page yet?Did anyone create a Facebook page for the incoming dental class of 2023?
For those who have offers, is anyone else having trouble setting up email and accepting the offer? The email I was sent says that I need to go to the applicant center to pay my deposit and accept but when I do it simply says "please access the College of Dentistry website to view your application status".
Yeah, mine seems to be the same as yours. I already have a OSU dot.# and emailed the admissions office from that account. My guess is that there has to be some behind the scenes linking of your dot.# to allow the deposit to be paid. I was going to wait a day or two to see if things change and then reach out to the admissions office.
D
deleted922265
What number do they call from? I have two missed calls from Ohio but no message was left.
Should I expect a waitlist email? I still have not been contacted by anyone and I’m OOS.
Same
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When did you get the calls? And just call back I would say is your best choice.What number do they call from? I have two missed calls from Ohio but no message was left.
Redhawk4545
New Member
I’ve set up my osu dot.# but how do I set up my email from here?Yeah, mine seems to be the same as yours. I already have a OSU dot.# and emailed the admissions office from that account. My guess is that there has to be some behind the scenes linking of your dot.# to allow the deposit to be paid. I was going to wait a day or two to see if things change and then reach out to the admissions office.
I received the initial alternate/waitlist email. I haven’t received the one they were supposed to send out today where you can opt in or out.
Are you IS or OOS?I received the initial alternate/waitlist email. I haven’t received the one they were supposed to send out today where you can opt in or out.
I talked to them. We r still in their system as “applicant” and have to wait until we are in as student or something so they said wait a couple days then try again.I’ve set up my osu dot.# but how do I set up my email from here?
I am ISAre you IS or OOS?
No i haven’t heard a thingSo did anyone OOS receive a waitlist/rejection email yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Toothmaker23
Full Member
Nothing yet. Very confused at this point!So did anyone OOS receive a waitlist/rejection email yet?
Really? I still haven't gotten anything. I'm a little concerned now
I also just got a waitlist email
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teri told me that they are finishing the calls yesterday. Today is the emails for waitlist. I would suggest calling the school if you haven't heard anything by tonight
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K