You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official OSU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
D
deleted811127
Just in from Terry:
All calls have been made to the accepted students for this round of acceptances.
They are short-staffed, so if you are unable to complete the initial stages of acceptance regarding setting up your accounts, give it a few days. This was originally one person’s responsibility, but they accepted a position elsewhere. The job is being done, just allow time. Please abstain from calling regarding not being able to complete these steps, as it only further delays Terry being able to get you all set up in the system. They should have it worked out by the end of the day tomorrow (given there are no system glitches).
All calls have been made to the accepted students for this round of acceptances.
They are short-staffed, so if you are unable to complete the initial stages of acceptance regarding setting up your accounts, give it a few days. This was originally one person’s responsibility, but they accepted a position elsewhere. The job is being done, just allow time. Please abstain from calling regarding not being able to complete these steps, as it only further delays Terry being able to get you all set up in the system. They should have it worked out by the end of the day tomorrow (given there are no system glitches).
D
deleted811127
Also, one of the Pre-Dental Club people is making the Facebook page for the class. Patience.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted811127
For all those that are concerned, OSU does not send rejection emails. If you did not get accepted, then you will or should have received a waitlist email. If you did not get an interview you should’ve just assumed you were rejected.
D
deleted811127
I am not sure about the first question. For the second question, the odds are not super high. They already accounted for most of the OOS offers to not be accepted. They sent out nearly three times as many OOS offers as they have OOS seats (they sent out 40 OOS offers).Couple questions if anyone knows the answers:
1.) Are the waitlist ranked?
2.) What are the chances of getting off the OOS waitlist?
Couple questions if anyone knows the answers:
1.) Are the waitlist ranked?
2.) What are the chances of getting off the OOS waitlist?
1. I want to say yes, but they cannot disclose "ranking" on the waitlist. From what I've heard from friends in the past, who were waitlisted and then got the call, the admission staff would say something along the lines of "sorry we couldn't tell you anything but just know you were at the very top of the waitlist and we're excited now to let you know about your admission." It would make sense for there to be some kind of ranking or else how would they pick who makes it in next after someone declines their offer.
2. I was talking with Terry (admission advisor) and he said that the OOS waitlist moves really fast. Sometimes they'll even cycle through it completely because most people will end up choosing their in-state school. My friends that have been waitlisted and were OOS in previous years said they heard back fast too. So if OSU is your top school and you were waitlisted as an OOS, then chances are just give it some time.
Thanks so much. I am really hoping to hear from them in January. Even though I am OOS this is one of my top choices and would really love to attend next year.1. I want to say yes, but they cannot disclose "ranking" on the waitlist. From what I've heard from friends in the past, who were waitlisted and then got the call, the admission staff would say something along the lines of "sorry we couldn't tell you anything but just know you were at the very top of the waitlist and we're excited now to let you know about your admission." It would make sense for there to be some kind of ranking or else how would they pick who makes it in next after someone declines their offer.
2. I was talking with Terry (admission advisor) and he said that the OOS waitlist moves really fast. Sometimes they'll even cycle through it completely because most people will end up choosing their in-state school. My friends that have been waitlisted and were OOS in previous years said they heard back fast too. So if OSU is your top school and you were waitlisted as an OOS, then chances are just give it some time.
where can we retrieve our OSU username (lastname.#)?
i think my.osu.eduwhere can we retrieve our OSU username (lastname.#)?
has anyone been able to get into their email yet?
Nope was gonna ask same thing... always tell me my password/username is incorrect.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
make sure you're typing email as "@buckeyemail.osu.edu" not just @osu.edu
It's a weird thing for buckeyemail. But both addresses are a single account
Yeah I've done that but it still wont let me in. Its killing me! lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here have tried that and still won't workYeah I've done that but it still wont let me in. Its killing me! lol
I called IT yesterday and the guy told me that we aren’t permitted in the system yet. But you should be able to pay the $500 deposit.
Anybody else still having issues with the buckeyemail? Keep trying to log into it and says my password/username is incorrect.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same hereAnybody else still having issues with the buckeyemail? Keep trying to log into it and says my password/username is incorrect.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey so for those who have already completed the FAFSA, was there a specific code for OSU's College of Dentistry or did you just use the OSU all campuses federal code?
All campus codeHey so for those who have already completed the FAFSA, was there a specific code for OSU's College of Dentistry or did you just use the OSU all campuses federal code?
I’m assuming sometime in early January.Does anybody know when they begin accepting off the OOS wait-list?
Anyone receive an alternate list to do list via email yet?
Yea a couple hours agoAnyone receive an alternate list to do list via email yet?
Yes got mine too.Anyone receive an alternate list to do list via email yet?
Couple questions if anyone knows the answers:
1.) Are the waitlist ranked?
2.) What are the chances of getting off the OOS waitlist?
According to the ADEA '17-'18 dental school guide, 60 OOS students were invited to interview last year and 54 of them ended up receiving an offer. So the odd are definitely in your favor! Considering they only have ~10 spots for out-of-staters in the class, I assume it could take considerable time to cycle through the list though.
I have turned down my offer so at least one spot will be opening 🙂
PreDent195
New Member
According to the ADEA '17-'18 dental school guide, 60 OOS students were invited to interview last year and 54 of them ended up receiving an offer. So the odd are definitely in your favor! Considering they only have ~10 spots for out-of-staters in the class, I assume it could take considerable time to cycle through the list though.
I have turned down my offer so at least one spot will be opening 🙂
Do you know these numbers for the IS waitlist?
Do you know these numbers for the IS waitlist?
141 interviewed, 117 offers for roughly 100 spots (this year it is increasing to 110 though).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if there's a FB group for the new class?
Yeah, it exists, just click on the Facebook link below this (thanks to the person who made the page)
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Does anyone know when they are going to start calling people off the waiting list?
TheMolarBear1123
Full Member
Does anyone know when they are going to start calling people off the waiting list?
In the alternate list email they said they would start calling people at the end of December up until the end of August
Dr. Shaw told me over the phone they don't expect movement for another few weeks as they are still processing things. Also said in the past 7-8 people get in off of IN-STATE waitlist, didn't ask about OOS. Last year she said they had 3 people get in off waitlist after the month of June, 2 IS and 1 OOS. Take that for what it's worth, just figured I'd pass along what I was told.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
Did they already call people off the waiting list?Does anyone know when they will start calling again for those on the wait list?
Is it possible that the class was filled without needing to call waitlisted candidates?
I just got confirmation from Dr. Shaw that their class is completely filled at the moment.
PreDent195
New Member
Does that mean they have started calling the waitlist or did they overextend offers in December?I just got confirmation from Dr. Shaw that their class is completely filled at the moment.
I’m assuming they over extended. They said they haven’t had an opportunity to make movement on the list.Does that mean they have started calling the waitlist or did they overextend offers in December?
I didn't get an email? Did you email him personally?I just got confirmation from Dr. Shaw that their class is completely filled at the moment.
Yeah I emailed them personally.I didn't get an email? Did you email him personally?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unless some of the people have multiple deposits down. in that case, they could decide on the other school and forfeit their seat at osu still
No. Waitlist moved a few days before class last year.So does that mean there won’t be any movement on either of the waitlists this year?
Does anyone have or know what our curriculum and schedule look like for next year? I saw some stuff on the school website but I remember them having a presentation with it and would like to find that information.
i think you can find that stuff at dentalintranet.osu.edu
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K