**** The Official Pittsburgh Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

LovePhilly1988

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the interview from Pittsburgh today!

School: Pittsburgh
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/22
Application complete date: 8/3
GPA (science, overall) >3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): No section below 17

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I received and invite today, too!

----------------
20//21//19
oGPA 3.85
sGPA 3.8

Do you guys mind if it's oos or PA?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think everyone that got an invite from pitts so far are all in state.

Do you guys mind if it's oos or PA?
School: Pittsburgh
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/6
Application complete date: 6/20
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.8; oGPA: 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/20; 16 on QR

Does pittsburgh incorporate a writing sample into the interview? I thought i read this somewhere, if so, can someone shed some light

7th batch, 8/29 invite, Florida

?

What is going on with Pitt's interviews? I wonder how many they have already sent out?

Does pittsburgh incorporate a writing sample into the interview? I thought i read this somewhere, if so, can someone shed some light

Yes, there is a short writing sample. Mine was at the very end of the day, after the interview and everything else. Don't worry about it too much! :)

Seems pretty quiet from Pitt lately...

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems pretty quiet from Pitt lately...

Unless there's a new system this year, they usually send out a big batch of invites for 3 interview sessions at a time. So more invites probably won't be going out until sometime in October.

Did those that received an invite have a choice for dates or was only one date given?

Unless there's a new system this year, they usually send out a big batch of invites for 3 interview sessions at a time. So more invites probably won't be going out until sometime in October.

Did those that received an invite have a choice for dates or was only one date given?

I was offered 2 dates: Sept 24th and Oct 8th

When was your apps sent/ received if you dont mind my askin

Aadsas first batch 6/22, pitt supp sent 7/10 and posted a week later as received/under review

Is anyone interviewing on Monday 9/24, I just booked my room at the holiday inn university center and wanted to know if anyone else was going to be in the area

How many ppl do you think they'll take from the Sept 24 interview?

How many ppl do you think they'll take from the Sept 24 interview?

Seven and a half.

Okay so you guys probably don't even think that's funny, but really... no one will ever know. I interviewed on the first date last year and I don't even know how many were accepted from there, but I know a few are in my class. The waiting stinks, but it passes a lot faster than you'd think!

Just received an interview invitation from Pittsburgh! I'm so happy because Pittsburgh is one of my top choices. :)

just got my first interview from Pittsburgh, awesome :D I'm from TX btw.

Now to pick the date, they gave me oct 22nd and Nov 5th. Probably going to pick Nov 5th.

just got my first interview from Pittsburgh, awesome :D I'm from TX btw.

Now to pick the date, they gave me oct 22nd and Nov 5th. Probably going to pick Nov 5th.

Congrats!!!! :DD

mind sharing stats/when you got the apps completed/sent out, plz?

I haven't heard anything from Pitt at all and am starting to get a bit worried :(

Interview for me too! I have to choose between Oct22 and Nov 5...

Congrats!!!! :DD

mind sharing stats/when you got the apps completed/sent out, plz?

I haven't heard anything from Pitt at all and am starting to get a bit worried :(

University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine (PITT) PA 07/31/2012 08/17/2012 Mailed

University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine (PITT) PA 08/30/2012 Received/Under Review

however the last two letters of recommendation were sent out really late though, 9/7 and 9/14.

me too. busy day for pitt i guess. im an in-stater.

University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine (PITT) PA 07/31/2012 08/17/2012 Mailed

University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine (PITT) PA 08/30/2012 Received/Under Review

however the last two letters of recommendation were sent out really late though, 9/7 and 9/14.

Oh..
man.. it seems like they sent out lots and lots of invites today!
wish I got one as well :*(

Mine got submitted on 9/14 and it says, Received/Under Review - updated on 9/27....

Did they send you an email or anything, saying your app is completed or anything before you got an invite??

Congratulations everyone!:laugh:
Somehow I felt I wont have chance to get an interview from Pitt...:(

Oh..
man.. it seems like they sent out lots and lots of invites today!
wish I got one as well :*(

Mine got submitted on 9/14 and it says, Received/Under Review - updated on 9/27....

Did they send you an email or anything, saying your app is completed or anything before you got an invite??

yes I did received an email saying "Thank you for your interest in the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Your application has arrived in the Office of Admissions" on 8/30.

Don't worry your chance will come. Last year my friends got interview in Jan and Feb from different schools, they all got in :thumbup:

yes I did received an email saying "Thank you for your interest in the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Your application has arrived in the Office of Admissions" on 8/30.

Don't worry your chance will come. Last year my friends got interview in Jan and Feb from different schools, they all got in :thumbup:

Oh.. :scared::scared::scared::scared:

I haven't gotten anything like that...:(

hm..... should I call??

Congrats again and good luck with everything :xf::xf:

Oh.. :scared::scared::scared::scared:

I haven't gotten anything like that...:(

hm..... should I call??

Congrats again and good luck with everything :xf::xf:
That email takes a bit to arrive. And they ask you to please be patient during the application process, so don't call! lol

That email takes a bit to arrive. And they ask you to please be patient during the application process, so don't call! lol

Hmm..I haven't received that email either. What batch were you guys in? My mailing date was 7/20.

Just got my interview invite today! The offered Oct 22nd and Nov 5, and I wrote back requesting Oct 22nd. Anyone else??

I picked Nov 5th for cheaper air fare :p we should hang out on Monday night ha ha

Congrats to everyone that got an interview invite! :) feel free to drop me a message if you have any questions about the interview or the school.

Oh. Mine was 8/17. I mailed the supplemental fee a few days later.

11/5 as well! :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SDN Mobile

Anyone knows if they still have some more invitations to send out or not for the pre-Dec interviews?
Thanks.

Hey those of you who were offered the dates Oct22 and Nov5, did you folks receive your confirmation e-mail from Ms. Mangold yet?

yes. i think i actually received two if i remember correctly. One was the week of the invite, the other was this week i think.

yes. i think i actually received two if i remember correctly. One was the week of the invite, the other was this week i think.

thanks...

Its strange how I still have not received a single e-mail from her although got back to her on the same day as I received my invite! :uhno:

Pitt takes a lot of OOS and internationals. In fact, they take more OOS students than in-staters. Definitely more hope as an OOS/international.

I remember Pitt didn't interview anyone post December the previous cycle. Are they still doing that?

Pitt takes a lot of OOS and internationals. In fact, they take more OOS students than in-staters. Definitely more hope as an OOS/international.

I remember Pitt didn't interview anyone post December the previous cycle. Are they still doing that?

There are post-Dec interviews this year.

Pre-dec interview is completely booked at this point, I am guessing. Until when are they interviewing students in the Spring?

There are 2 dates in November and 2 in January. I'm not sure which ones have been filled yet and I haven't been keeping up with the "interview invites" thread to see which ones invites have been distributed for, sorry!

Did anyone else's status change back to Under Review?