The Official Sept 11, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ovenmitts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here it is, the official thread for those of us writing on Sept 11th.

This will be my third time taking the MCAT. Yes, that's right - my third time. It's been a rough ride to say the least and my confidence has definitely plummeted.

Here's to hoping third time's the charm!

Sept 11ers unite!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My plan: get really drunk right before the score comes out on THx

+pissed+

Step 2: Open a new tab to sign up for the January MCAT!

Got my Amazon gift card email a few minutes ago!

I also scored 59% of the questions in my trial section correctly, which puts me in the top quarter of others.

Honestly, I was fried by the time I took that. Then again, I've taken a few psych classes for my minor, so I'm not surprised.

I got my gift card a few minutes ago also:

You answered 72% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the top quarter as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you.

Just got my gift card! I didn't score as high as I hoped, but apparently a 78% is in the top quartile.

44%- bottom half LOL. Doesn't matter, got gift card! Which will go towards paying for my textbooks for next semester :p

Members don't see this ad :)
59% on the trial section, which put me in the top quartile. Considering I got the psych/soc questions and I didn't take either class in college, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. Now to figure out what to buy with my gift card...

I had biochem and got 66%, top quartile. I'm surprised since I was barely reading and it felt like a lot of guesswork. Sucks being in Canada when all the things I want on amazon.com don't ship internationally.

Good luck with scores soon guys! I was a 9/11 test taker last year so I know how it feels to be roughly a week out from score release...enjoy not knowing!! haha

Anybody know if you still get an email to let you know how you did on the trial section even if you dont qualify for the gift card? I'm a September 12 taker but our thread is pretty much dead so im looking at sept 11 for info :)

Anybody know if you still get an email to let you know how you did on the trial section even if you dont qualify for the gift card? I'm a September 12 taker but our thread is pretty much dead so im looking at sept 11 for info :)

No, no email if you didn't qualify for the gift card.

59% on the trial section, which put me in the top quartile. Considering I got the psych/soc questions and I didn't take either class in college, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. Now to figure out what to buy with my gift card...

How about some more MCAT study materials??? You might need them!! :eek:

Im just kidding!! No but seriously, I am saving all my mcat books just in case :scared:

Had my first MCAT dream last night. I dreamt that I had an impossible VR passage and the time was running out. It was the last VR passage and time was running out and I was thinking that if I void this mcat then I have to wait all the way until january to retake and I didn't want to do that so I just guessed on all of the questions and I took the hit.

Almost there Team 9/11-12/13 :thumbup:

just confirming...is there anything radically different between the sept mcat and the jan mcat? if im not mistaken its still the same topics/concepts + trial section right?

hence, all 2013 material should be good for 2014?

just confirming...is there anything radically different between the sept mcat and the jan mcat? if im not mistaken its still the same topics/concepts + trial section right?

hence, all 2013 material should be good for 2014?

yes, will be good for January 2015 too !

Wait what do you mean by qualify for the gift card?? So we have to get a certain amount in order to get the gift card?

AAMC requires you to put in your effort in the trial section to receive the gift card. How they determine that is unknown.

Guys this is a dumb question that I already know the answer to but I'm just nervous/wanted to make sure. There's absolutely no correlation between your trial section score and your actual score right?? I thought I would get the biochem trial section and I opened it but it ended up being psych. I really didn't want to do the psych stuff so i just guessed through the whole thing and left. That's not going to badly affect my actual score right? Thanks

Guys this is a dumb question that I already know the answer to but I'm just nervous/wanted to make sure. There's absolutely no correlation between your trial section score and your actual score right?? I thought I would get the biochem trial section and I opened it but it ended up being psych. I really didn't want to do the psych stuff so i just guessed through the whole thing and left. That's not going to badly affect my actual score right? Thanks

Well it would be hard to prove that there's absolutely no correlation (r=0.0000000000000 with infinite number of significant digits). JK.

Don't worry about it. You're right.

Hey everybody, took the 2pm test, and:

Overall I hope to get ~9s in BS and VR and at least a 6 or 7 on the PS. For were I Iive, that's good enough to get accepted to at least one university somewhere, I only studied 3 weeks and I was going to college full time though I don't think that hurt me in BS and VR, only in PS because I didn't know the formulas. I feel that what really hurt me was that I only did one practice test (the one on AAMC website). I felt I could have honed my skills a lot more.

I would be happy with a 9/8/8. Im the opposite I feel better about PS and worse about BS. VR is such an up in the air section I dont even wanna speculate lol

This was the second time I took and was much harder than first one. The PS was really wierd and Verbal was a boring and alianish. Anyway Biology was better but those questions always catch you off guard. So I guess I will have to open those books again :(

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I scored below the 30 mark I wanted, so waiting for Oct. 15th to prepare for the MCAT again. Uggggh.

Bombed the PS section, didn't now what to do in 90% of the section, I did great (as in 9) in the practice test I took, yet the real one was on a whole other level. I though I knew the formulas, I spent 2 days looking at them but during the exam forgot them all except the velocity ones.

VR I think I did "ok", but English is not my main language I only use it on the internet and my university books are in English, so I think I am in delusion thinking I did fine, though I barely studied so this section was nice since you didn't need prior knowledge.

And BS was ok, I looked up a couple of questions online and about 60% were wrong which has me very nervous.

Overall I hope to get ~9s in BS and VR and at least a 6 or 7 on the PS. For were I Iive, that's good enough to get accepted to at least one university somewhere, I only studied 3 weeks and I was going to college full time though I don't think that hurt me in BS and VR, only in PS because I didn't know the formulas. I feel that what really hurt me was that I only did one practice test (the one on AAMC website). I felt I could have honed my skills a lot more.
WHat you only did that practice exam?? Tat exam is like the easiest of all the practice tests. But anyway i understand you were busy but still. wow you must have been very confident.

man i completely forgot about this test...well.....can't beleive it's almost been a month.

And in that month, plenty of drinks were taken.

But now that I think about it again, I just wanna punch myself for all those stupid/avoidable mistakes I made argh....so far I think I said I had 6 for PS & BS each I believe.

:scared: so nervous! I feel like I guessed on the entire test right now. Only a week left, I really hope I won't need to retake. The night before......definitely drinking lol
Wish everyone the best!

:scared: so nervous! I feel like I guessed on the entire test right now. Only a week left, I really hope I won't need to retake. The night before......definitely drinking lol
Wish everyone the best!

LOL not the night before man, more like the hour before

:D

I had a dream the other day that I got a 7 in BS... that's probably not too far of a stretch. Actually, it may be quite accurate O_O

When I check the other dates and they're about to get their scores back, my heart starts pounding like crazy even though it's not even my test. I can't imagine what the actual feeling on the 15th will be like >_<

Bombed the PS section, didn't now what to do in 90% of the section, I did great (as in 9) in the practice test I took, yet the real one was on a whole other level. I though I knew the formulas, I spent 2 days looking at them but during the exam forgot them all except the velocity ones.

VR I think I did "ok", but English is not my main language I only use it on the internet and my university books are in English, so I think I am in delusion thinking I did fine, though I barely studied so this section was nice since you didn't need prior knowledge.

And BS was ok, I looked up a couple of questions online and about 60% were wrong which has me very nervous.

idk if this will make you feel better but I did about 5 practice exams in august but did no practice exams 2.5 weeks before the real sept exam and just did content review so I am pretty worried too about how my prep will translate on the exam.

Also tests are not everything. I took the 6/20 exam and took 10 practice exams but I did poorly. My friend on the other hand only took AAMC 3 and AAMC 8? the week of her exam in May and she did well

I thought PS was a little more difficult honestly, but I made 2 very dumb mistakes lol but Im sure a lot of people feel that way about a particular portion of the test...

Verbal I never have any idea how i do on. I remember feeling really rushed for the exam on this section, I think test anxiety kicked in here for me but then went away again when the BS section came around. On the practice AAMC tests i scored anywhere from a 7-11 and i'm pretty sure the time I got an 11 was the time I thought I was going to get a 4.

BS i feel pretty confident about, i felt like I knew how they were trying to trick me with certain questions. But honestly with this test you really never know it seems. -_- 6 more days fellas...

Getting more and more nervous every day. I thought at one point I would score above my average but now I'm just hoping to hit my average. :eek:

Does anyone feel good? Like they actually might of passed the test? Need done positive thinkers!! And y is it the 15 and not the 11 like the rest?