The Official Sept 11, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ovenmitts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here it is, the official thread for those of us writing on Sept 11th.

This will be my third time taking the MCAT. Yes, that's right - my third time. It's been a rough ride to say the least and my confidence has definitely plummeted.

Here's to hoping third time's the charm!

Sept 11ers unite!

Members don't see this ad.

I remembered like 4 or so right off then bat too.... Stupid, really stupid mistakes too. But hey, chances are we both did better than we think. The MCAT is made so we feel like **** after haha. Good luck to you

The only solace I have is that this is my first time taking it and im only a junior so I won't be TOO sad if I don't do well ><

Judgement day is tomorrow mates..

Members don't see this ad :)
So a lot of other threads for other days have been doing something like this:

AAMC average
Goal/Predicted
Actual

We cool with this? I mean when it comes out tomorrow lol

So a lot of other threads for other days have been doing something like this:

AAMC average
Goal/Predicted
Actual

We cool with this? I mean when it comes out tomorrow lol

Easy there tiger. Don't jump the gun. SDN tradition to post this reminder on THE day of score release. :D :naughty:

Just playing. Yeah let's do this!!! :thumbup:

Feel good music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqNXE07fKuw

:'( Many condolences to you and your close friend's family. :'(

This makes me hope even more that all of us do well. Whether the problems you face, I hope a good MCAT score is on the horizon for all of us.

aww thanks :) i hope we all get the score of our dreams!

The only solace I have is that this is my first time taking it and im only a junior so I won't be TOO sad if I don't do well ><

Judgement day is tomorrow mates..

I wish I was in this boat, right now schools are waiting on these scores to make decision about me.

I've been hoping for a 30+ with this retake

But as of right now and all my terrible thoughts I'd be happy as long as I get 26+

Too many nightmares of getting a 23

I wish I was in this boat, right now schools are waiting on these scores to make decision about me.

I've been hoping for a 30+ with this retake

But as of right now and all my terrible thoughts I'd be happy as long as I get 26+

Too many nightmares of getting a 23

I know how you feel. I'm hoping for 33+ with my first attempt, but with my terrible thoughts, I'd be glad with 30+.

I know how you feel. I'm hoping for 33+ with my first attempt, but with my terrible thoughts, I'd be glad with 30+.

I wish I had taken the MCAT my first time my junior year, but I was too afraid to even try without OChem.

I feel like it may have boded better for me though because the years between studying for this test and taking General Chemistry really hurt me in physical sciences the first time I took it,

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I had taken the MCAT my first time my junior year, but I was too afraid to even try without OChem.

I feel like it may have boded better for me though because the years between studying for this test and taking General Chemistry really hurt me in physical sciences the first time I took it,

I'm actually on my senior year right now, so the urgency to do well is actually greater for me :eek:

I'm not superstitious but I was thinking what if the last page you post in this thread is the score you will get :O

I'm not superstitious but I was thinking what if the last page you post in this thread is the score you will get :O

Ok that's being ridiculous now because that would mean all of us get below 24, which I think is nearly impossible. Don't create fears for others! :scared:

I'm gonna be on the bus home when the scores come out... where will you guys be?

I will be at home, finished with my classes for the day. I'll close my eyes as I login to the module and slowly open them as my score is revealed. Yep.

Long time stalker of this forum, first time poster. What time (est) do you guys think the score will be released for 2pm test takers? Best luck of everyone.

I'm afraid you must have misread the article that you found that information in. Here is the excerpt directly from the AAMC MCAT 2013 Score Release schedule:

Exam Date Tentative Score Release Date (after 5 PM ET)
September 7, 2013 October 8, 2013
September 11, 2013 October 15, 2013
September 12, 2013 October 15, 2013

Last edited:
Well it's past 2 AM now and no scores so I guess you read wrong.

I apologized, I did read wrong, the 12am got me i guess i glanced at it too fast.

"MCAT Testing History (THx) System
You will be able to view your scores in the Testing History (THx) Score Reporting System between 5:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. EST, approximately 30-35 days after your test date. The THx system is also where you go to release your scores to institutions not participating in AMCAS service.
Through the THx system, you have the ability to print official score reports and send them to whomever you wish (e.g., schools not listed in the system, application services&#8213;other than AMCAS service). Recipients can verify official score reports online, and there is no additional charge to examinees for use of this system.
MCAT exam scores from 1991 to the present may be accessed through the THx system at https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx.

I apologized, I did read wrong, the 12am got me i guess i glanced at it too fast.

"MCAT Testing History (THx) System
You will be able to view your scores in the Testing History (THx) Score Reporting System between 5:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. EST, approximately 30-35 days after your test date. The THx system is also where you go to release your scores to institutions not participating in AMCAS service.
Through the THx system, you have the ability to print official score reports and send them to whomever you wish (e.g., schools not listed in the system, application services&#8213;other than AMCAS service). Recipients can verify official score reports online, and there is no additional charge to examinees for use of this system.
MCAT exam scores from 1991 to the present may be accessed through the THx system at https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx.

Happens to the best of us! Blame this MCAT stress. :)

My gut feeling says I did well on the test, but all these nerves are making me feel bad! What should I trust?! AHH.

This is going to be the longest day of my life! Sitting at work right now and I can't stop fidgeting. I can't focus on anything but my score! Good luck to everyone and may we all get the scores we have worked so hard to achieve!

I have not been able to sleep properly. I have had multiple bad dreams that seemed real. I kept dreaming that I had a really really horrible score. It was weird because within the dreams, there was a breakdown of each section and it stated what I did wrong. And everytime it was different!!!! I'm supposed to be studying for two exams and writing a paper....The anticipation is killing me!!
I hope everyone gets the scores they want!!! :)

I am seriously going insane waiting for my score. I had a dream last night that I got a 36 on the MCAT (way out of my reach unfortunately) and then I ran a marathon right after and finished 5th out of 7,757 runners... so random. I don't even run in real life!