*** The Official SIU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Has anyone who was wait-listed been contacted yet? the facebook group has 10 people and the class size is 50. when will they send third round of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I just called, and they are setting up interviews currently to send out their last big round of acceptances mid February. From there I assume acceptances are on a per-person and per-need basis

Reactions: 1 users
Still waiting.. running out of patience and faith. Hopefully good news soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ideally there might be news this week. Good luck all.

Anyone else get this email today? "Thank you for interviewing/visiting Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you enjoyed your day.... your file is under final review with the admissions committee"

Anyone else get this email today? "Thank you for interviewing/visiting Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope you enjoyed your day.... your file is under final review with the admissions committee"
Relieved that email about a week after my interview still waiting for an acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who is wait-listed, did your portal change from wait-list to Received/Application Complete?

Reactions: 1 user
Edit: posted on wrong thread

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My status changed as well. I called the office of admissions to enquire about this. They said there is no change to my status, they just made that change so that it's easier to tell if there is anything missing in your application. They also said the class is still open and they are still reviewing applications for acceptance. Keep praying everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
My status changed as well. I called the office of admissions to enquire about this. They said there is no change to my status, they just made that change so that it's easier to tell if there is anything missing in your application. They also said the class is still open and they are still reviewing applications for acceptance. Keep praying everyone!
Are they still extending interview invites as well? Or reviewing applications from interviewed applicants?

i feel like this school doesn't accept anyone from outside southern Illinois area like north side suburbs, chicago etc.
Not true. There are people from Chicago area that have been accepted this year. Good luck.

Has anyone heard from SIU? Tried contacting them today with no luck.

Has anyone heard from SIU? Tried contacting them today with no luck.

I spoke with them today. They have not filled their class and they will continue to review applications on a rolling admissions basis. They anticipate not filling the class until April.

Reactions: 3 users
yes siu sends out silent rejections.
do you guys think if there is going to be any movement in waitlist? class size is small 50.

I just declined the offer extended to me by SIU today and opted for another school. Good luck to those of you on the wait-list!

I got accepted on January 11th
Hi, I was just wondering when you got accepted on January 10 were you a pre-December applicant meaning could you have been accepted on December 1st but didn’t? Sorry I’m only asking because I wasn’t accepted today and it seems like they don’t accept much people after this date that interviewed before December. So I wanted to know my chances because this is my first choice school.