*** The Official SIU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

I'm freaking out guys

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! Tears of joy over here

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!!! Did SIU update your AADSAS ?

I wonder if they send the acceptances all at once or in waves

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have an acceptance with a different time ? Trying to figure out if all acceptances went out at the same time

Congrats!!!!! Did SIU update your AADSAS ?

I wonder if they send the acceptances all at once or in waves

My aadsas still says "received/app complete"

ACCEPTANCE: SIU SDM. VIA EMAIL AT 7:12

I know many of you are on pins and needles at this point, and I just wanted to say good luck to everyone! From what I have heard around campus you were a very impressive group to interview, so I am sure the decisions that were made were not easy.

Let me be the first to congratulate those who are accepted tomorrow and also let those who are not fortunate enough to get that letter know that you should not lose hope. SIU SDM regularly accepts people much later in the cycle than many other schools, so the possibility is still very much alive after tomorrow!

Good luck and let me know if anyone has any questions or there is anything I can do to help you guys. Our finals week is about to begin so I may be a bit sporadic in getting back to you, but I will do my best to be as fast as possible.
I'm going to dental school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Offer extended ad 7:13!

Has anyone received wait list or deny notifications? I haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 1 users
either waitlist or rejection you can call and find out

Last edited:
Hey is anyone wanting to start a Facebook group? I'm just wandering because in the past they did it.

Is that what they said when you called them? That no response right now means waitlist or rejection?

I didn't call but that's usually the case with other schools if you don't have an acceptance dec 1... il call tomorrow and find out

Started a SIUE Dental class of 2021 group on Facebook.

Should I apply to SIU with an 18 AA, and sub 3.0 gpa(at 2.9)? I am a VA resident. I heard that SIU gets 200 apps from OOS residents and they interview 2-5 out of 200 and they accept 1-2 OOS to their program.

I'd say no. They highly favor in state residents and your stats aren't good enough to warrant serious consideration for the rare case that they might accept an OOS applicant

I'd say no. They highly favor in state residents and your stats aren't good enough to warrant serious consideration for the rare case that they might accept an OOS applicant
I second this. You would be better off applying elsewhere.

I have not come across any one from out of state at SIU so far.

Is SIU done sending out interviews? I have 2 interviews next week, one being at UIC but I haven't heard anything from SIU.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is SIU done sending out interviews? I have 2 interviews next week, one being at UIC but I haven't heard anything from SIU.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No, SIU will still have more interviews. However, they typically do them on a much smaller scale at this time of year.

Did they send out any rejections? so far I've seen that people who haven't been accepted have been waitlisted. Same with uic too. Wonder how big these waitlists are

I would really like to know too
I'm also on the waitlist. I called on the 9th and spoke with admissions. They said the admissions commitee hasn't met for a second round of acceptance yet. Sucks but just staying patient is best.

I'm also on the waitlist. I called on the 9th and spoke with admissions. They said the admissions commitee hasn't met for a second round of acceptance yet. Sucks but just staying patient is best.

We might have some luck in February

Got a missed call from a Southern Illinois phone number today...but they didn't leave a message and I didn't get an email. Wonder if this is what I think it is lol

Anyone else hear anything?

Got a missed call from a Southern Illinois phone number today...but they didn't leave a message and I didn't get an email. Wonder if this is what I think it is lol

Anyone else hear anything?
silence.. looking at previous threads, they will send out offers next week.

Last edited:
Anyone know when deposits are due for everyone accepted on dec 1st ?

Last edited:
We might have some luck in February
2f5dd2541f167b50584360dbecf63a2c.jpeg

Yeah It was due January 4th. Good luck everyone waiting to hear back!

I got accepted on January 11th

Hopefully everyone else will be hearing back from SIU with some good news very soon!

Last edited: