You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official SIU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Μοlar Βear
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! How were u notified??ACCEPTED!!!!! Tears of joy over here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! How were u notified??
Email!
Congrats !!!! When was the email timestamped ?Email!
Congrats !!!! When was the email timestamped ?
7:12 am (CT)
Best of luck to everyone waiting for their letter!
Congrats!!!!! Did SIU update your AADSAS ?
I wonder if they send the acceptances all at once or in waves
My aadsas still says "received/app complete"
I'm going to dental school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I know many of you are on pins and needles at this point, and I just wanted to say good luck to everyone! From what I have heard around campus you were a very impressive group to interview, so I am sure the decisions that were made were not easy.
Let me be the first to congratulate those who are accepted tomorrow and also let those who are not fortunate enough to get that letter know that you should not lose hope. SIU SDM regularly accepts people much later in the cycle than many other schools, so the possibility is still very much alive after tomorrow!
Good luck and let me know if anyone has any questions or there is anything I can do to help you guys. Our finals week is about to begin so I may be a bit sporadic in getting back to you, but I will do my best to be as fast as possible.
We are gonna 32nd class mate's!!ACCEPTANCE: SIU SDM. VIA EMAIL AT 7:12
Be*We are gonna 32nd class mate's!!
Yeah man. I am looking forward!We are gonna 32nd class mate's!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is siu done sending offer via email? haven't received any email yet.
same. silence
Hey is anyone wanting to start a Facebook group? I'm just wandering because in the past they did it.
either waitlist or rejection you can call and find out
Is that what they said when you called them? That no response right now means waitlist or rejection?
Is that what they said when you called them? That no response right now means waitlist or rejection?
I didn't call but that's usually the case with other schools if you don't have an acceptance dec 1... il call tomorrow and find out
good ideaHey is anyone wanting to start a Facebook group? I'm just wandering because in the past they did it.
got waitlisted on AADSAS portal.
got waitlisted on AADSAS portal.
Same. Wonder what our chances are now.
Started a SIUE Dental class of 2021 group on Facebook.
Should I apply to SIU with an 18 AA, and sub 3.0 gpa(at 2.9)? I am a VA resident. I heard that SIU gets 200 apps from OOS residents and they interview 2-5 out of 200 and they accept 1-2 OOS to their program.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second this. You would be better off applying elsewhere.I'd say no. They highly favor in state residents and your stats aren't good enough to warrant serious consideration for the rare case that they might accept an OOS applicant
Is SIU done sending out interviews? I have 2 interviews next week, one being at UIC but I haven't heard anything from SIU.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is SIU done sending out interviews? I have 2 interviews next week, one being at UIC but I haven't heard anything from SIU.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
No, SIU will still have more interviews. However, they typically do them on a much smaller scale at this time of year.
Did they send out any rejections? so far I've seen that people who haven't been accepted have been waitlisted. Same with uic too. Wonder how big these waitlists are
Is SIU done sending out interviews? I have 2 interviews next week, one being at UIC but I haven't heard anything from SIU.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Good luck at your interviews 🙂
anyone knows when the second round of acceptance would be?
anyone knows when the second round of acceptance would be?
I would really like to know too
I'm also on the waitlist. I called on the 9th and spoke with admissions. They said the admissions commitee hasn't met for a second round of acceptance yet. Sucks but just staying patient is best.I would really like to know too
I'm also on the waitlist. I called on the 9th and spoke with admissions. They said the admissions commitee hasn't met for a second round of acceptance yet. Sucks but just staying patient is best.
We might have some luck in February
Got a missed call from a Southern Illinois phone number today...but they didn't leave a message and I didn't get an email. Wonder if this is what I think it is lol
Anyone else hear anything?
Anyone else hear anything?
silence.. looking at previous threads, they will send out offers next week.Got a missed call from a Southern Illinois phone number today...but they didn't leave a message and I didn't get an email. Wonder if this is what I think it is lol
Anyone else hear anything?
Last edited:
They were due on January 4th I thinkAnyone know when deposits are due for everyone accepted on dec 1st ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We might have some luck in February
Hang in there. Its not over till it's over.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K