*** The Official SIU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Is there any way you can post the answers here so everyone can see? Or PM me as well. Thanks so much!
I tried to PM you the answers (it is quite lengthy so I don't want to use up that much space on the public forum) but for some reason it won't let me PM you. If you can try to PM me and I will just respond to that. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone interviewing on Monday would like to split a room PM me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interviewing Tomorrow at noon?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm interviewing tomorrow morning so maybe I'll see you? haha

Has anyone else's statis changed on ADSAS from invited to interview to application complete?

I just called and they said everyone's goes to application complete after interview.

Any interview feedback?? Was it conversational/laid back??

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone send thank you emails post interview and heard back? Any emails from school post interview?

Did anyone send thank you emails post interview and heard back? Any emails from school post interview?
They sent me a thank you email right after the interview and I thanked them back.

ugh December 1st is so far away Do you guys know if they fill up a majority of the seats with pre December 1st interviewees

Reactions: 2 users
I just received my interview confirmation! interviewing on nov 14th. If you have interviewed already, can you please give me an overview of the day as well as some of the common questions?

Thank you

For those who have interviewed already: How did you feel about the interview and your chances of getting an acceptance?

For those who have interviewed already: How did you feel about the interview and your chances of getting an acceptance?
I couldn't get a good read on one of them and the other 2 seemed all right so for me personally I have no clue which way it Will go at this point.

I couldn't get a good read on one of them and the other 2 seemed all right so for me personally I have no clue which way it Will go at this point.

Funny. I had the same experience. I'm hoping that 1/3 doesn't ruin our chance. Also I wonder how heavily weighed the short answer is

Reactions: 1 users
Funny. I had the same experience. I'm hoping that 1/3 doesn't ruin our chance. Also I wonder how heavily weighed the short answer is
Yeah I am worried about writing section as well. Feel like I could have done better.

Anyone interview here with a masters ?

Same here! I had one interviewer who was a little hard to read (in terms of what they thought of me) and I thought that I had to lead/take charge of the conversation at times. But maybe that was something that they were testing? Either way fingers crossed :)

I know SIU has a class size of 50 but do they extend a lot more acceptances than that? Because they seem to be interviewing a lot. Anyone have/know stats on this?

I know SIU has a class size of 50 but do they extend a lot more acceptances than that? Because they seem to be interviewing a lot. Anyone have/know stats on this?

Yeah schools over accept students bc not everyone decides to attend their school. Last year siu interviewed 112 instate and accepted 86... similar stats to mwu. Out of state they interviewed 4 and accepted all 4 but I remember Angela saying they were going to interview around 130 this year

Yeah schools over accept students bc not everyone decides to attend their school. Last year siu interviewed 112 instate and accepted 86... similar stats to mwu. Out of state they interviewed 4 and accepted all 4 but I remember Angela saying they were going to interview around 130 this year
Where are you getting these stats from? Accepting 78% of the interviewees seems a bit high. I usually hear its pretty 50/50

Where are you getting these stats from? Accepting 78% of the interviewees seems a bit high. I usually hear its pretty 50/50

Adea handbook they publish every year. Check it out

Adea handbook they publish every year. Check it out
Well man I hope that's the case. My school only has the handbook for 2010. Haven't been able to get my hands on this years.

Did anyone's portal status change to check back Dec 1?

Mine hasn't - and for some reason being told to check back Dec 1 sounds good to me .. :)

Mine hasn't - and for some reason being told to check back Dec 1 sounds good to me .. :)

Yeah it's a good sign. I noticed in old threads that everyone who had the status change pre dec 1 got in

Yeah it's a good sign. I noticed in old threads that everyone who had the status change pre dec 1 got in

Did your status change to check back dec 1? :) I havent heard anyone whose status has been changed to that for SIU

Did your status change to check back dec 1? :) I havent heard anyone whose status has been changed to that for SIU

I wish !! I was just wondering if anyone's status changed. I read for the class of 2019 they had check back dec 1 status as early as November 21st

I believe last years thread it didn't change till like the day before.

I know many of you are on pins and needles at this point, and I just wanted to say good luck to everyone! From what I have heard around campus you were a very impressive group to interview, so I am sure the decisions that were made were not easy.

Let me be the first to congratulate those who are accepted tomorrow and also let those who are not fortunate enough to get that letter know that you should not lose hope. SIU SDM regularly accepts people much later in the cycle than many other schools, so the possibility is still very much alive after tomorrow!

Good luck and let me know if anyone has any questions or there is anything I can do to help you guys. Our finals week is about to begin so I may be a bit sporadic in getting back to you, but I will do my best to be as fast as possible.

Reactions: 5 users
I know many of you are on pins and needles at this point, and I just wanted to say good luck to everyone! From what I have heard around campus you were a very impressive group to interview, so I am sure the decisions that were made were not easy.

Let me be the first to congratulate those who are accepted tomorrow and also let those who are not fortunate enough to get that letter know that you should not lose hope. SIU SDM regularly accepts people much later in the cycle than many other schools, so the possibility is still very much alive after tomorrow!

Good luck and let me know if anyone has any questions or there is anything I can do to help you guys. Our finals week is about to begin so I may be a bit sporadic in getting back to you, but I will do my best to be as fast as possible.
Thank you so much. Hoping for the best. Good luck with your exams as well.

Thank you so much! This message really means a lot :) fingers crossed. Hopefully we can become part of the amazing SIU SDM family