*** The Official SIU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Μοlar Βear

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd get it started - good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Not to double post, but I JUST received an email that everything was complete and I should monitor AADSAS. Anyone else??

Not to double post, but I JUST received an email that everything was complete and I should monitor AADSAS. Anyone else??

I received that email on 7/11 and still waiting :help:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto!!! Sept 25th

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone with the dental guide know what the number of instate interviews are, as well as the number of instate acceptances? Going off an older edition .. there's like 119 interviews and maybe 80 some acceptances... I'd love to hear what recent editions say (if they haven't changed up how they present the material!).

Does anyone with the dental guide know what the number of instate interviews are, as well as the number of instate acceptances? Going off an older edition .. there's like 119 interviews and maybe 80 some acceptances... I'd love to hear what recent editions say (if they haven't changed up how they present the material!).
The newest ADEA Guide states that 112 interviewed and 48 enrolled from in-state. I can't find how many were accepted.

I read somewhere on SDN that 77% of those interviewed are accepted

got an invite for an interview!:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused about the letter they sent after setting your appointment. It says three one on one interviews. I was under the assumption that you have a single one on one.

Can anyone who was sent an interview request share their stats?

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview so far! I also applied and am still waiting to hear back. Would you guys mind sharing when your applications were completed and if SIU put the status of your application on AADSAS? For me they haven't uploaded any status info.

Also was your means of notification email or snail mail? Thank you!!! :)

did any of you get an app complete email from SIU? I didn't get one from them yet but I have from all my other schools :( do they send those out?

I applied much later, I don't think they do the interviews in the order they receive the apps(?), but I hope you hear good news soon!!

I applied much later, I don't think they do the interviews in the order they receive the apps(?), but I hope you hear good news soon!!

thank you! :) and congratulations! I hope so too!
Also just wondering did SIU ever send you an app complete/under review email? I haven't gotten one even after weeks of having all my stuff in

I received an "application received" email.. I would call to make sure everything is in order - it's probably nothing, though

Congrats to you all! Just got my app in, hoping to hear back soon. I have a 20AA and a 3.86 sGPA. Makes me stress less seeing some of you have similar stats.

Anyone else nervous about the interview? I hope that if you're not the best interviewer it doesn't disqualify you.

Just got invited for an interview!

Anyone have an idea what there acceptance rate is like? Startclass for dental school rankings says 84% but that seems pretty high.

Anyone have an idea what there acceptance rate is like? Startclass for dental school rankings says 84% but that seems pretty high.

I have the ADEA 2015-2016 guide to dental school book and it says they interviewed 112 applicants so with a class size of 50 I'd say they offer a spot to 60-65 people?

Is a mid-october interview date too late for SIU? I wanted Sept 27 but it's full :(

I think that's the acceptance rate for the actual school, not the dental program.

I got invited for an interview Monday Sept 12. Did not see it until yesterday. I signed up for November 7th.

I hear they strongly favor people from southern illinois I don't know how true that actually is though.
I am a current student at SIU SDM and if you go by the makeup of the current classes this does not hold true. Most classes are a very good mix of students from all over the state of Illinois. If anyone has any further questions about the school, area, interview process, etc feel free to pm me and I would be happy to help as much as possible. Congrats to everyone who has received interviews and good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I am a current student at SIU SDM and if you go by the makeup of the current classes this does not hold true. Most classes are a very good mix of students from all over the state of Illinois. If anyone has any further questions about the school, area, interview process, etc feel free to pm me and I would be happy to help as much as possible. Congrats to everyone who has received interviews and good luck!

Hi, I have an interview at SIU coming up and I had a few questions! I would appreciate any feedback you have :) or if anyone has answers to my questions haha

1. What about SIU made you decide to attend it as opposed to other schools you were accepted to? Generally, how is your experience thus far?
2. How large are the interview groups at SIU?
3. Is there an interview with current SIU dental students?
4. Are you aware of what our chances of getting accepted at SIU are if we land an interview?
5. Are the interviewers at SIU conversational? Do they grill you? I am just concerned because I want to express myself as well as I can and convey as much as possible.
6. Is it a one faculty to one student interview style?
7. Can we bring a portfolio/work that showcases manual dexterity to the interview? What is UIC's policy on this? Did you or anyone you know bring examples of any work in the past (and get accepted)?

Thanks again! And if you have any other tips those would also be much appreciated :)

Hi, I have an interview at SIU coming up and I had a few questions! I would appreciate any feedback you have :) or if anyone has answers to my questions haha

1. What about SIU made you decide to attend it as opposed to other schools you were accepted to? Generally, how is your experience thus far?
2. How large are the interview groups at SIU?
3. Is there an interview with current SIU dental students?
4. Are you aware of what our chances of getting accepted at SIU are if we land an interview?
5. Are the interviewers at SIU conversational? Do they grill you? I am just concerned because I want to express myself as well as I can and convey as much as possible.
6. Is it a one faculty to one student interview style?
7. Can we bring a portfolio/work that showcases manual dexterity to the interview? What is UIC's policy on this? Did you or anyone you know bring examples of any work in the past (and get accepted)?

Thanks again! And if you have any other tips those would also be much appreciated :)

Just PMd you.

I have an interview coming up soon. I heard they require students to write an essay during an interview Do you remember what the prompt was for the essay?

Last edited: