***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know stony brook admission statistics? How many applied vs how many interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

1.2k apply and about 450 interviewed. So 37.5% interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know the percentage for OOS applicants by any chance? I assume it's significantly lower?

Members don't see this ad :)
What the heck? THAT MANY PEOPLE GET INTERVIEWED? That's like 10-11x their final class size.

They interview 250 instate and 200 oos. Don't know percentage acceptance after that.

Yes they interview a ton.

Interview #4!!!
School:Stony Brook
Notified 9/15 via email
In state
Interview set for 9/26
OGPA:3.78 sGPA3.68
DAT AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR: 20/21/18/22/16

Reactions: 5 users
Oh snap! Got one on sdn finally!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #4!!! OOS!

Reactions: 4 users
Stony sent me an email yesterday stating that they wanted me to submit 3 letters from science faculty. The thing is, I submitted four letters from science faculty early in June. What's going on Stony? :shrug:

Stony sent me an email yesterday stating that they wanted me to submit 3 letters from science faculty. The thing is, I submitted four letters from science faculty early in June. What's going on Stony? :shrug:
they tryna bust your chops, sir. just call them and tell em the dealio. not to worry

Reactions: 1 users
Don't you just need a committee letter?

Members don't see this ad :)

Just call them up and ask.

Interview #6
Stony brook
3.78gpa 3.68 science gpa
23 aa 22ts
Notified:9/21
Instate
Interview date: originally October 10th but had to move it to October 20th

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #8
School: Stony Brook!
Notification date: 2017/09/21
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IA, OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/30
Application complete date: 07/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.86, 3.85
DAT: 22AA 23TS 28PAT

Reactions: 3 users
So I forgot my health insurance card at home and it's not going to arrive in time for my interview. I know the email says no copies but has anyone been able to use a copy? I don't see the big deal tbh

Just email Mrs Berry and let her know.

Does Stony Brook actually conduct interviews in January and February? I assume most of the class size will be filled after Dec 1st acceptances go out, considering the number of people they interview and how small their class size is. Am asking because I got an email saying I have yet to finish a prereq (am taking biochem now) but that I should send in an updated transcript as soon as I am done because interviews may still be conducted in January and Feb 2018.

Has anyone heard of students who have interviewed post-Dec 1st and been offered acceptances at SBU? Any sort of insight will be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

They indeed do conduct interviews at that time. They interview till march.
And plenty of my classmates.

Either they're going to have the smallest dental class in history, or some more people are about to receive calls right around now.

Well, I was at least partially right. Got the offer. Keep your phones near and dear, children.

Does anyone know when will be the next time they give out offers?

I got in during January so I think about then?

Yup September 19th if I recalled.

So no chance I get an offer before I pay a deposit to another school?

Did anyone receive a rejection or waitlist from Stony? My portal still shows 'Invited to Interview' and I haven't received any emails or phone calls. I'd like to at least know where I stand.

Did anyone receive a rejection or waitlist from Stony? My portal still shows 'Invited to Interview' and I haven't received any emails or phone calls. I'd like to at least know where I stand.
Same. I didn’t get any update yesterdY. It still says invited to interview as well

So no chance I get an offer before I pay a deposit to another school?

January 3rd was the deadline for deposits and that's when I got the call.
I waited till the last day and it worked out. So I would advise against putting a deposit until the last day.

January 3rd was the deadline for deposits and that's when I got the call.
I waited till the last day and it worked out. So I would advise against putting a deposit until the last day.
Hopefully it's not the same exact day year to year lol. Buffalo's deadline is 1/2.
Idk if you as a student talk to the admissions staff much but if you do, maybe let them know? Haa...... So sad...

Last edited:
I got the call yesterday at 11:59. The deadline to make a decision is dec 31st.

On another note, has anyone made a FB page yet? Or do upperclassmen usually make those?

I got the call yesterday at 11:59. The deadline to make a decision is dec 31st.

On another note, has anyone made a FB page yet? Or do upperclassmen usually make those?
Probably upperclassmen.

Lol are we supposed to make it? Will talk to my classmates about it.

The FB group says I need a SB email to join??

Status
Not open for further replies.